PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL is a DISTRACTION

gunjin22
09-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Prior to my going to Minneapolis, I was contacted by Jonathan Gurwitz who is a columnist for the San Antonio Express-News
He explained he wanted to get info on the rally from RP supporters. He spoke with Ron Paul Texas Delegates and this is the article
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/377594_gurwitzonline04.html

Office - 210-250-3489
Cell - 210-213-0707
jgurwitz@express-news.net

Maverick
09-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Shouldn't this be in the "bad media reporting" section?

And yes, this guy is being a total douchebag. Ron Paul has been harassed, degraded, disrespected, and shunned by his own party, and fucking assclown reporters like this guy still won't cut him any slack. Fuck you Gurwitz.

Mini-Me
09-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Sometimes I wish I were a Christian so I could say that guy's going to hell. ;)

Paulitical Correctness
09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
i had the misfortune of living in ron paul's district. His lunatic supporters (my father, an oil wildcatter, was one) are even crazier than he is. He is very intelligent, the kind of intelligence that makes such a nut case very dangerous, because it breeds fanaticism. When all of the lies about his beliefs are stripped away, you are left with his belief in government for the rich and powerful, government for those who own the means of production and nothing for the individual who dows not own land and/or gold reserves. Only a very few would benefit from his extreme libertarianism. 90% of the us would live in poverty and anarchy.

If everyone lived in the wild frontier, with only a personal weapon to hunt with and defend yourself with, if people with disabilities died at birth or died soon after becoming disabled, if land was free for the grabbing or taking from those who posessed it, if people didn't get old, if there were about 200 million fewer people in america, his extreme libertarianism might have a chance. However, that's not how we live anymore, and it is pure fantasy to think that we can live without the social network of people helping people through our social compact called government.

If you read the papers of the founding fathers, that is what our country was founded upon, not some myth of a governmentless society of robber barons like ron paul wants.

lol!

Mini-Me
09-04-2008, 02:24 AM
lol!

I don't even know how to begin addressing so much unsubstantiated bullshit all at once...

V4Vendetta
09-04-2008, 02:36 AM

my response:

You are a piece of human excrement that is wasting valuable plant life, when they feed off your carbon dioxide, and make oxygen for you to breath.
Please do America a favor; find the nearest cliff, and run off.

Better yet, spout your anti constitutional views more and more as a propagandist, that way when the government falls apart, you can be brought up on charges of Treason for helping the enemy with your propaganda.

1776 God Save The Republic

Mini-Me
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Somehow I don't think that will go over very well...

V4Vendetta
09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Somehow I don't think that will go over very well...

truth hurts i guess.

Mini-Me
09-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Perhaps, but what was the practical purpose of that message? It's certainly too hateful and personal to ever change anyone's mind...but it can and will give the guy more ammo to say that Paul supporters are a bunch of enraged nutcases.

V4Vendetta
09-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Perhaps, but what was the practical purpose of that message? It's certainly too hateful and personal to ever change anyone's mind...but it can and will give the guy more ammo to say that Paul supporters are a bunch of enraged nutcases.

enraged yes, irate yes, nutcases no.

Nothing in that message says anything to give the impression that I am a nutcase.

By the article he has written, the tone it is in, it is very obvious that nothing would change this mans mind, and he obviously has a agenda.

Conza88
09-04-2008, 03:21 AM
enraged yes, irate yes, nutcases no.

Nothing in that message says anything to give the impression that I am a nutcase.

By the article he has written, the tone it is in, it is very obvious that nothing would change this mans mind, and he obviously has a agenda.

Ok, Quoted for fucking truth.

I'm not going to read the article... because I know I'll send something just as scathing. I'd clarify it with something like:

I'm an international Ron Paul supporter or something; then send my venom - I'd clarify; here in Australia we call people bastards... it's mostly used as a term of endearment.

Well just a heads up, in this case; it is not.

You sir, are a bastard.

etc etc etc..... :D

Zolah
09-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Sounds like someone who doesn't want to live without the welfare state, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually wanted higher taxes so this country would be closer to his idea of utopia..

VivaLaRevolution
09-04-2008, 05:40 AM

my response:

You are a piece of human excrement that is wasting valuable plant life, when they feed off your carbon dioxide, and make oxygen for you to breath.
Please do America a favor; find the nearest cliff, and run off.

Better yet, spout your anti constitutional views more and more as a propagandist, that way when the government falls apart, you can be brought up on charges of Treason for helping the enemy with your propaganda.

1776 God Save The Republic

I get ya. Free speech is overrated. Yet people wonder why Ron Paul didn't get the nod.

constituent
09-04-2008, 06:55 AM
the express news is a piece of shit and has been for years. don't sweat it.

Agent CSL
09-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I'd get into it if I didn't have to leave for work right now. I still have my Ron Paul signs out and I don't think I'll be taking them down until after the general election, when they are considered litter. >.<

voytechs
09-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Actually they right about one thing. Ron Paul is a big distraction. Ever since I learned of Ron Paul's message, I've been spending at first 100% of my time learning about the issues and fighting the good fight. I've backed off some now and only spend about 50% of my time. So yes. He is a huge distraction and I love him for it.

V-rod
09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
the express news is a piece of shit and has been for years. don't sweat it.

I miss the days when the San Antonio Light was around. Now its just a monopoly :(

Highland
09-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Sometimes I wish I were a Christian so I could say that guy's going to hell. ;)

I am a Christian and I still can't say that, we shouldn't judge each other's relationships with God. But, I definitely think he has some explaining to do on the other side. lol

Highland
09-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Actually they right about one thing. Ron Paul is a big distraction. Ever since I learned of Ron Paul's message, I've been spending at first 100% of my time learning about the issues and fighting the good fight. I've backed off some now and only spend about 50% of my time. So yes. He is a huge distraction and I love him for it.

Tell it Man....we feel the same way! He is a Distraction of TRUTH and JUSTICE FOR ALLLLLLLLLLLL!

muh_roads
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Why you are still care for your fellow man I'll never know. I guess you all have a much higher moral compass than I. But for me...personally I love how crappy the economy is doing. Keep buying your gold & silver and canned goods. I will enjoy watching people like this editor suffer economically.

Feenix566
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I find it amusing to read articles written by party faithful who can't wrap their head around the idea that there could actually be more than one point of view within the party. Doesn't anyone remember Reagan's big tent? I was eight at the time, and I know about it!

Anyway, there's no such thing as bad press.