PDA

View Full Version : Palin speech a total flop, has GOP picked a luny as Veep?

Liberty Star
09-04-2008, 12:50 AM
While AP writers are pimping with bogus reporting of Palin RNC convention speech, things not looking good for GOP with a pretty dumb VP pick:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jNulPSqaP1eyysv8ENJWhk0ZSrPgD92VJ0D00

I don't care much for Obama's candidacy but AP writers seems to be pimping big time for the dummy that McCain has picked as Veep:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003845788

Liberty Star
09-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Would be interesting to know if Rummy was doing God's work?

McCain: Rumsfeld Was One of the Worst

By BRUCE SMITH
The Associated Press
Tuesday, February 20, 2007; 7:59 AM

BLUFFTON, S.C. -- Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Monday the war in Iraq has been mismanaged for years and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld will be remembered as one of the worst in history.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/20/AR2007022000365.html

Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'

By GENE JOHNSON – 5 hours ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Only God knows if His prohecy about Alaska gas pipeline would come true in next 4 years but by making a gamble on this remarkably dumb veep, McCain may have finally sealed his defeat in Nov. Although Obama had taken a hit in polls after his Iraq/FISA flip flops and groveling before pro war aipac lobby few weeks ago but I fear Obama would solidify his recent lead over McCain by higlighting his anti war stance.

mtmedlin
09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
What speach were you listening to? She hit a freaking home run and put McCain back into this race.

Bruno
09-04-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm sick of people saying what they think God's will is and then using our tax dollars or soldiers' blood to pay for their cause.

tonesforjonesbones
09-04-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm sick of atheists. Tones

Bruno
09-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm sick of atheists. Tones

Palin is an atheist? :rolleyes:

tonesforjonesbones
09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
No! Atheists are running me off from the LP..that's for sure. It's one thing to be an atheist but quite another to consistantly bash people who arent. I consider atheism a big reason the USA has gone in the wrong directon. No moral compass. Ron Paul is a CHRISTIAN. Tones

Bruno
09-04-2008, 07:58 AM
No! Atheists are running me off from the LP..that's for sure. It's one thing to be an atheist but quite another to consistantly bash people who arent.

That sucks and is unfair treatment.

I consider atheism a big reason the USA has gone in the wrong directon. No moral compass. Tones

An argument could be made the other way as well, but I don't want to get into it and/or hijack the thread.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm sick of people saying what they think God's will is and then using our tax dollars or soldiers' blood to pay for their cause.

No! Atheists are running me off from the LP..that's for sure. It's one thing to be an atheist but quite another to consistantly bash people who arent. I consider atheism a big reason the USA has gone in the wrong directon. No moral compass. Ron Paul is a CHRISTIAN. Tones

You consider that bashing? So, if people believe in God, then they have to listen to any asshat telling them what God's will is? Then give up their money and lives for it? wtf?

tonesforjonesbones
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't like it that warmongers use GOD to dupe people to going to war..but don't blame GOD for it..blame the devils who are using religion to do bad things. Believe me, in the long run..they will pay. Tones

Bruno
09-04-2008, 08:09 AM
I don't like it that warmongers use GOD to dupe people to going to war..but don't blame GOD for it..blame the devils who are using religion to do bad things. Believe me, in the long run..they will pay. Tones

I surely hope that people aren't silly enough to blame God for any war, in as much as I don't think they should claim God's will for going to war or his claim his hand in winning one. Alas, it happens all the time.
The problem is not with God, just with people who speak on his behalf.

tonesforjonesbones
09-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes. That is what I'm saying. When false prophets like Hagee, face Jesus and say "Lord, Lord"...Jesus will say "I never knew you." Tones

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM

Fuck your moral compass!

I am an atheist. I respect individual freedom.

But... If you reckon atheists are responsible for the demise of America.

Look no further than the dis-honest pricks you elected!

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Seriously...

Electing candidates because they believe that the planet is 19-20,000 years old , gays are an abdomination, everyone should own M-16's, and pre marital sex is a stoneable offence, combined with some Christian self-righteous position that the rest of the world is unworthy...

So lets bomb the shit out of them...

Is that Christian ethics?

moostraks
09-04-2008, 08:34 AM
What speach were you listening to? She hit a freaking home run and put McCain back into this race.

What speech were you listening to? Aside from having a sing song manner of speaking there was very little more to her speech then bad democrats and fear fear fear. Oh yeah forgot who she was pandering to, we did not need substance.

Ceos
09-04-2008, 09:01 AM

I thought Ron Paul was an American Patriot...

The more labels you stick on something, the more divided it becomes. Both Atheists and Christians are branding each other. Its shifting the focus away from our goals.

These labels cause prejudice. Simple as that.

Look where this thread has gone: away from any meaningful to the same old bickering.

But back to the subject, anyone care to post specific things she said during this speech they have probelms with?

ELT
09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
She said all the things the GOP wanted to hear and it made her a hit with them.

Also, the "God" quote from her has been taken out of context. She was saying she hoped that we have Gods blessing as far as the war goes. She didn't state it as a matter of fact, like it was a done deal. Go read the whole actual speech.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
She said all the things the GOP wanted to hear and it made her a hit with them.

Also, the "God" quote from her has been taken out of context. She was saying she hoped that we have Gods blessing as far as the war goes. She didn't state it as a matter of fact, like it was a done deal. Go read the whole actual speech.

"Gods blessing " until oil supplies and pipelines are secured.:D

freelance
09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
It all depends on what you are defining as her audience. The delegates LOVED her. That's what got air time--her enthusiastic reception. They hit a home run with their intended audience.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 09:30 AM
God forbid if you guys spread "freedom and democracy" in Australia.

Pass.

Liberty Star
09-04-2008, 09:37 AM

To be fair, I listened to only early part of her speech, jumped to conclusion based on that and was doing reverse of AP reporting. After reading about her Godly visions about foreign/energy policies, I really have no interest now in listening to rest of her "ideas".

If some radicals dress up their personal lusts for elective bloodshed as "will of God", that does not make those acts of violence Godly. I didn't see anyone blaming God here, just so called self-declared agents of God are being examined here.

orafi
09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
That sucks and is unfair treatment.

An argument could be made the other way as well, but I don't want to get into it and/or hijack the thread.

Everyone knows it's illegal immigrants. I mean come on, press 2 for English?!

Indy4Chng
09-04-2008, 09:45 AM
To be fair, I listened to only early part of her speech, jumped to conclusion based on that and was doing reverse of AP reporting. After reading about her Godly visions about foreign/energy policies, I really have no interest now in listening to rest of her "ideas".

If some radicals dress up their personal lusts for elective bloodshed as "will of God", that does not make those acts of violence Godly. I didn't see anyone blaming God here, just so called self-declared agents of God are being examined here.

What part of her energy policy did you not like? Energy indepence is a bad thing? If we had it we would be a whole lot less likely to be involved in Iraq and Iran. You against the whole free market drilling?

Now her foreign policy did suck, but other than that her policies were fine... especially for a V.P. pick.

angelatc
09-04-2008, 10:07 AM
W
Now her foreign policy did suck, but other than that her policies were fine... especially for a V.P. pick.

No way will I vote for McCain though. Pain could be Jesus and I still wouldn't vote for McCain. But looking at the 'con sites (like Malkin and Red State), the Republicans are falling for it hard.

http://www.amconmag.com/larison/2008/09/03/dont-walk-into-the-trap/

With all respect to Gov. Palin, who delivered an effective stemwinder that had a number of amusing lines in it, the conditioned responses that conservatives are having to Palin’s speech is frankly depressing. For all of their complaints and criticisms about McCain’s deviations, conservatives are now falling into line even more pathetically than usual. Seeing this display, I am tempted to think that even Giuliani could have won the nomination, chosen a similar running mate and nothing would have changed. (bolding mine, because I also find it depressing.)

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-04-2008, 10:43 AM
I would never give any support to McCain (nor Obama), and I am not a Palin-fan, but actions speak louder than words.

Democrats have shown that they are terrified of the Palin selection, so McCain did something right (for himself).

If Palin was a 'bad' pick for McCain, the Democrats would be laughing it up and having a good time about it. Instead, they are in full attack mode over what they see as a huge threat.

Also, just look at how much support for McCain increased even here after the Palin announcement. :confused:

orafi
09-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I would never give any support to McCain (nor Obama), and I am not a Palin-fan, but actions speak louder than words.

Democrats have shown that they are terrified of the Palin selection, so McCain did something right (for himself).

If Palin was a 'bad' pick for McCain, the Democrats would be laughing it up and having a good time about it. Instead, they are in full attack mode over what they see as a huge threat.

Also, just look at how much support for McCain increased even here after the Palin announcement. :confused:

I only like Palin for her breasts. She can keep her views to her self.

Kade
09-04-2008, 11:46 AM

That speech was trash. What the hell did she do besides attack Obama?

By JIM KUHNHENN – 13 hours ago

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her Republican supporters held back little Wednesday as they issued dismissive attacks on Barack Obama and flattering praise on her credentials to be vice president. In some cases, the reproach and the praise stretched the truth.

Some examples:

PALIN: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending ... and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks but no thanks' for that Bridge to Nowhere."

THE FACTS: As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a "bridge to nowhere."

PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform — not even in the state senate."

THE FACTS: Compared to McCain and his two decades in the Senate, Obama does have a more meager record. But he has worked with Republicans to pass legislation that expanded efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to help destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. The legislation became law last year. To demean that accomplishment would be to also demean the work of Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a respected foreign policy voice in the Senate. In Illinois, he was the leader on two big, contentious measures in Illinois: studying racial profiling by police and requiring recordings of interrogations in potential death penalty cases. He also successfully co-sponsored major ethics reform legislation.

PALIN: "The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes, raise payroll taxes, raise investment income taxes, raise the death tax, raise business taxes, and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars."

THE FACTS: The Tax Policy Center, a think tank run jointly by the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, concluded that Obama's plan would increase after-tax income for middle-income taxpayers by about 5 percent by 2012, or nearly $2,200 annually. McCain's plan, which cuts taxes across all income levels, would raise after tax-income for middle-income taxpayers by 3 percent, the center concluded.

Obama would provide $80 billion in tax breaks, mainly for poor workers and the elderly, including tripling the Earned Income Tax Credit for minimum-wage workers and higher credits for larger families.

He also would raise income taxes, capital gains and dividend taxes on the wealthiest. He would raise payroll taxes on taxpayers with incomes above $250,000, and he would raise corporate taxes. Small businesses that make more than $250,000 a year would see taxes rise.

MCCAIN: "She's been governor of our largest state, in charge of 20 percent of America's energy supply ... She's responsible for 20 percent of the nation's energy supply. I'm entertained by the comparison and I hope we can keep making that comparison that running a political campaign is somehow comparable to being the executive of the largest state in America," he said in an interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson.

THE FACTS: McCain's phrasing exaggerates both claims. Palin is governor of a state that ranks second nationally in crude oil production, but she's no more "responsible" for that resource than President Bush was when he was governor of Texas, another oil-producing state. In fact, her primary power is the ability to tax oil, which she did in concert with the Alaska Legislature. And where Alaska is the largest state in America, McCain could as easily have called it the 47th largest state — by population.

MCCAIN: "She's the commander of the Alaska National Guard. ... She has been in charge, and she has had national security as one of her primary responsibilities," he said on ABC.

THE FACTS: While governors are in charge of their state guard units, that authority ends whenever those units are called to actual military service. When guard units are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, for example, they assume those duties under "federal status," which means they report to the Defense Department, not their governors. Alaska's national guard units have a total of about 4,200 personnel, among the smallest of state guard organizations.

FORMER ARKANSAS GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE: Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States."

THE FACTS: A whopper. Palin got 616 votes in the 1996 mayor's election, and got 909 in her 1999 re-election race, for a total of 1,525. Biden dropped out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, but he still got 76,165 votes in 23 states and the District of Columbia where he was on the ballot during the 2008 presidential primaries.

FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOV. MITT ROMNEY: "We need change, all right — change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington! We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington — throw out the big-government liberals, and elect John McCain and Sarah Palin."

THE FACTS: A Back-to-the-Future moment. George W. Bush, a conservative Republican, has been president for nearly eight years. And until last year, Republicans controlled Congress. Only since January 2007 have Democrats have been in charge of the House and Senate.

NH4RonPaul
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I thought she hit one out of the park..

She's a real person and as yet, untainted by DC.

She is an asset and hopefully can teach McSame something.

NH4RonPaul
09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
That speech was trash. What the hell did she do besides attack Obama?

That racist nazi NEEDS to be attacked!

josephadel_3
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
This thread is about Palin's speech, not God, theism, or atheism. I read clips of it in the paper. Clearly, she's a war monger. To enormous applause no doubt, she talked about how Obama wants to cut and run from Iraq. I disagree, Obama won't leave Iraq.

josephadel_3
09-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I thought she hit one out of the park..

She's a real person and as yet, untainted by DC.

She is an asset and hopefully can teach McSame something.

Omg, no. She'll either be silenced or corrupted. Seems like she's already corrupted with all this war praising she's doing.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Omg, no. She'll either be silenced or corrupted. Seems like she's already corrupted with all this war praising she's doing.

+9999999! She was interviewed on (I believe) MSNBC, and was enthusiastic and complimentary when asked about RP. Now that she's officially a candidate, she's in league with the neocons. :mad::(:eek::confused:

I want to be enthusiastic about Barr, but I have some lingering doubts. Can anyone here verify that he's TRULY reformed from his old days as a republican drug warrior/neocon sympathizer?

Malakai
09-04-2008, 01:29 PM

Criticizing her for claiming wars are gods work is far from being atheistic. I'm agnostic and my mom is roman catholic, and we both think that's egotistical trash. These people think everything they do is gods work, sounds pretty scary to me.

Trigonx
09-04-2008, 01:31 PM
After seeing the reaction to the speech by my parents I am pretty sure Palin's speech was a home run. The zingers she layed on Obama were quite funny and well played. I think it was unfortunate for the dems to have their convention before the repubs because of the cracks they got to put in on national TV to soo many ears. However I cringed every time she praised McCain... and almost wanted to walk out of the room hahaha.

Working Poor
09-04-2008, 02:04 PM

That's what I am talking about. GOd gave us free will and we can always choose not to kill. We can't even follow the 10 Commandments much less the Constitution.

Highland
09-04-2008, 02:08 PM
After seeing the reaction to the speech by my parents I am pretty sure Palin's speech was a home run. The zingers she layed on Obama were quite funny and well played. I think it was unfortunate for the dems to have their convention before the repubs because of the cracks they got to put in on national TV to soo many ears. However I cringed every time she praised McCain... and almost wanted to walk out of the room hahaha.

That is sad about you parents...do you think they would have reacted that way with any VP picks...because they said that the speech was written before they even chose Palin...evidently she just was the face for the talking points.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM
That's what I am talking about. GOd gave us free will and we can always choose not to kill. We can't even follow the 10 Commandments much less the Constitution.

I'd prefer the Constitution.

America was founded in the principles of those escaping religious persecution.

A tolerance for all beliefs, which includes a separation of church and state.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 02:24 PM
People seeking religious freedom flocked to America, escaping the persecution of Kings and tyrants.

An authoritarian/Theocracy, is what the founders and citizens chose to avoid.

Read your history.

LittleLightShining
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Would be interesting to know if Rummy was doing God's work?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/20/AR2007022000365.html

Only God knows if His prohecy about Alaska gas pipeline would come true in next 4 years but by making a gamble on this remarkably dumb veep, McCain may have finally sealed his defeat in Nov. Although Obama had taken a hit in polls after his Iraq/FISA flip flops and groveling before pro war aipac lobby few weeks ago but I fear Obama would solidify his recent lead over McCain by higlighting his anti war stance.
WHYYYYY????

I'm speechless. Dumbfounded.

*SIGH*

Kade
09-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Wow asshole, you need to stfu.

Where are all the morons who get on me for this shit? Here it is... in an unrelated thread...

Hypocrites. All of you.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Rather than study The Church of England, Catholicism, the Reformation, even the Gutenberg Bible...

Most Born agains insist the planet is 20,000 years old and my great grandfather a few generations back walked with a Brontosaurus.

Atheism made easy.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 02:59 PM
The interesting bits go back to the times of Christ and the formation of Christianity in Rome.

This is where the texts of the Bible were formulated.

Might be a bit much for a snake-oil salesman to sell to his paritioners.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Silence is golden.

LittleLightShining
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Silence is golden.:rolleyes:

Back on subject... I'm disgusted by this development of Palin as voice of God. How dare she? :mad:

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
O'h well, I'm going fishing.

No fishes and loaves.

Hopefully a coral trout. :)

inibo
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Seriously...

Electing candidates because they believe that the planet is 19-20,000 years old , gays are an abdomination, everyone should own M-16's, and pre marital sex is a stoneable offence, combined with some Christian self-righteous position that the rest of the world is unworthy...

What's wrong with M-16s?

lucius
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
O'h well, I'm going fishing.

No fishes and loaves.

Hopefully a coral trout. :)

Good for you! Catch one for me. Have you got a puppy yet?

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 03:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Back on subject... I'm disgusted by this development of Palin as voice of God. How dare she? :mad:

As a fully fledged moose-dresser she would understand that a glass - like ocean (5:20 am) gives me a opportunity to take the ally about a kilometre off-shore and catch a rich mans breakfast. Haha.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
What's wrong with M-16s?

Nothing.:D

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Good for you! Catch one for me. Have you got a puppy yet?

I'm still feeling guilty as shit.

Thank you for your kindness.

I appreciate it.

lucius
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm still feeling guilty as shit.

Thank you for your kindness.

I appreciate it.

Good fishing...time heals all.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian, you know. Neither was Thomas Paine. I would say that incorrect interpretations of the scriptures have more to do with moral corruption here than atheism, deism, or any -ism. Same holds true with all other religions. If people would just mind their own danged business in regards to religion, this would not be such an issue.

These mythical correlations that people like to make between religion and righteousness are just that-mythical. Many-a tyrant has used religion as an excuse to persecute, oppress, and kill innocent people. Jefferson was right when he wrote to the Danbury Baptists 'there should be a wall of separation between the church and the state'. JMHO

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Just got back from fishing. Decided to throw a line in at this small rocky Island about a 100 metres off-shore. A big old lion seal lives there and dive bombs your boat looking to get a feed off your burley trail.

Third cast I nailed a beautiful juvenile pink schnapper about 2.5 kilos. Perfect!

Got a mate coming around tonight to shoot some pool.

Stuffed with wild rice and fresh dill, drizzled with olive oil and butter, top dressed with lemon slices, and wrapped in foil, tossed on the BBQ.

Magnificent!

If you happen to be in the area. Bring some wine. :D

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian, you know. Neither was Thomas Paine. I would say that incorrect interpretations of the scriptures have more to do with moral corruption here than atheism, deism, or any -ism. Same holds true with all other religions. If people would just mind their own danged business in regards to religion, this would not be such an issue.

These mythical correlations that people like to make between religion and righteousness are just that-mythical. Many-a tyrant has used religion as an excuse to persecute, oppress, and kill innocent people. Jefferson was right when he wrote to the Danbury Baptists 'there should be a wall of separation between the church and the state'. JMHO

Thomas Paine rocks!

Some of my favorite quotations - ever.

user
09-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Some of you idiots wanted her to be Ron Paul's VP.

Defining Obscene
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM

We don't have a "long run", this can all end next month. We can't afford to let these people sit around and ponder the difference between good will, and God's will, when they have clearly demonstrated that they barely have self control nor the desire to rise above this trench-warfare style of politics because they don't want to "lose ground" in their battle against liberals... Thats just the way it is. You can take it as a slap in the face, or a nudge in the right direction, I have no desire to lead you wrong - so don't accuse me of it.

NMCB3
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
No! Atheists are running me off from the LP..that's for sure. It's one thing to be an atheist but quite another to consistantly bash people who aren't. I consider atheism a big reason the USA has gone in the wrong directon. No moral compass. Ron Paul is a CHRISTIAN. TonesDon't leave, half the so called libertarians on this board are posers. Real libertarians want absolute freedom for everyone, including matters of religion. :)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-04-2008, 09:06 PM
On the matter of religion and atheism.

You have the right to smoke crack. That doesnt mean Im not going to confront you every time you light up and tell you its a bad idea.

Liberty Star
09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
What part of her energy policy did you not like? Energy indepence is a bad thing? If we had it we would be a whole lot less likely to be involved in Iraq and Iran. You against the whole free market drilling?

The part that comes dressed up as "Divine Will".
This discussion wasn't really about sane energy policy but about insane idiots who speaketh on behalf of God for worldly lusts.

WHYYYYY????

I'm speechless. Dumbfounded.

*SIGH*

God, guns and war mongering?

I dunno really.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't leave, half the so called libertarians on this board are posers. Real libertarians want absolute freedom for everyone, including matters of religion. :)

+9999999999! Posers suck! :mad:

Liberty Star
09-04-2008, 09:21 PM

True Christains are on forefront of discrediting war mongering idiots like Hagee and now Palin for channeling their blood thirsty violent inclinations as "will of God". I'm sure you'll agree given Jesus' valiant stand against elective violence based on bogus assumptions.

josephadel_3
09-04-2008, 11:33 PM

Right, both Paine and Jefferson were Deists. There writings on Christianity and revealed religion are eye-opening and causing me to doubt my Catholic upbringing. Need to do a lot of soul-seeking.