PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Press Release

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
HELL YEAH Ron Paul 2008! Raising more money than the entire Tx GOP in total -- verified.

Press Release

Paul Campaign Concludes Successful Weekend with Solid Straw Poll Finish

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FORT WORTH, TEXAS – Congressman Ron Paul placed third in today's Texas GOP Straw Poll with 16 percent of the vote. The solid outcome marked the conclusion of a highly successful weekend during which the campaign had a rally with over 1,000 attendees, raised well over $100,000. Today’s results continue a trend around the nation of top or middle tier finishes for the Paul campaign.

The presence of Dr. Paul supporters dominated the straw poll site, and campaign leaders were pleased with the results in light of the difficult voting restrictions. Only recent party delegates were allowed to cast ballots, meaning that most of the thousands who turned out for Dr. Paul could cheer and celebrate but not vote. In addition, the straw poll was held several hours away from the Paul’s stronghold of south Texas.

"This was a great weekend for our campaign, and Texans turned out in droves to support Dr. Paul," said campaign manager Lew Moore. "The pro-war party insiders voting in this straw poll may not support him, but the majority of attendees clearly did."

Dr. Paul is the only candidate who voted against the Iraq war and favors early withdrawal, a position supported by over 70 percent of the American people. Many experts believe that Republicans cannot win the presidency in 2008 if they nominate a pro-war candidate. Texans appeared to support this position by opening their wallets as the Paul campaign pulled in more money over the weekend from grassroots supporters than the Texas GOP raised from the entire straw poll.

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 06:50 PM
ugh, still seeing tyranny posts...
...bump

hells_unicorn
09-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Excellent news, if we can keep pumping up the donations, we will get the necessary air time to be competitive in the coming weeks. I'm bummed about that Texas Straw Poll being fixed, but this eases the pain significantly.

foofighter20x
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
good to see that the campaign is catching on to the fact that the MSM has gotten too lazy to write the news and simply reports what they are given.

stupid, lazy copiers :rolleyes:

wgadget
09-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Tell me if I'm figuring this right:

I went to open secrets.com, where they show how much money the candidates had in Q2. I took the cash on hand figure and subtracted the "debts" from the cash on hand, and it looks like Ron Paul was only $821,671 behind Romney.

Romney spent a lot on the Iowa straw poll, and I'm wondering how close RP will be in Q3. Did I do this right?

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah Romney and Paul were very close from a Net Asset perspective (Assets *cash* less Liabilities *debts, loans, candidate-self-financing*).