PDA

View Full Version : So are we ready to focus on 2012 and midterms?

libertythor
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
In light of the sham convention, it is time to move forward.

Right now the Revolution is divided in about 4 camps. Imagine if there was a possiblity of united behind a principled candidate for 2012!

Here are some options:

1. Ron Paul

Pros:
a. The Original Catalyst
b. Already has support structure
c. Imagine banking 4 years of money bombs

Cons:

a. Possibly Age and Health
b. Being Seen as a "Perrenial Candidate"

2. Jesse Ventura

Pros:

a. Executive Experience in Large State
b. Continued Popularity in MN
c. Very Libertarian on Federal Issues
d. Moderate 911 Truth Supporter
e. Widespread Media Exposure

Cons:

a. Seen As Indecisive (But was blocked by MN legislature)
b. Waffled on decision to run for US Senate this year.
c. May be dismissed as a "Celebrity Candidate"

Now as far as Ron Paul, we should ask him if he is up for 2012 and find out early. If not, Jesse Ventura is a great option.

libertythor
09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
bump

UtahApocalypse
09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Sorry after tonight the GOP will never be changed. We need to start over. Thety will never get my vote. Even for Ron Paul now I would not vote GOP.

mport1
09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Screw national politics, its a losers game. Sign up for the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

runningdiz
09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Will he run as an independent or republican?

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I refuse to support people who run as Republicans, beyond Ron Paul, at this point. If you have seen what just went on at that hall, you'd realize there is no hope in that party. Maybe in its registered members (the REAL conservatives), but not in its leadership or in the infrastructure, it is wholly corrupt, with rare, really super rarr, exception.

mport1
09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
"Moderate 911 Truth Supporter"

How is that a pro?

RoamZero
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry after tonight the GOP will never be changed. We need to start over. Thety will never get my vote. Even for Ron Paul now I would not vote GOP.

So after one round you are ready to throw in the towel? Are we destined now to sit on the sidelines with the Libertarians, Constitution Partyists, or worse become a forgotten laughingstock like Lyndon Larouch and Nader people? I say the battle has just begun. We came very close in the state conventions, getting around 20-30% of delegates, enough to be shut down but also enough to make a statement. It's not a huge bump to 51%+, a quorum, and complete takeover. We need to start a delegates 2012 project, and get people in the right positions to boot out the corrupt chairmen. We can't forget 2010 as well.

Wyo_Lars
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow..

I thought this groups general focus was to return the party to it's roots??

This already shows ours weakness, to stick together. We need to learn from our mistakes and start to prepare for the next round of the fight.

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
So after one round you are ready to throw in the towel? Are we destined now to sit on the sidelines with the Libertarians, Constitution Partyists, or worse become a forgotten laughingstock like Lyndon Larouch and Nader people? I say the battle has just begun. We came very close in the state conventions, getting around 20-30% of delegates, enough to be shut down but also enough to make a statement. It's not a huge bump to 51%+, a quorum, and complete takeover. We need to start a delegates 2012 project, and get people in the right positions to boot out the corrupt chairmen. We can't forget 2010 as well.

And yet we had Nevada, and they shut it down. It's what will happen everytime. If Virginia was the only McCain state, against a packed RP house, I guarantee that John Boehner would have pounded the gavel in their favor when they called for a unanimous vote.

libertythor
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM

Well Jesse could run on a different party or be on a ticket with Gary Johnson with the GOP.

Remember that the Democratic convention was a sham as well.

libertythor
09-03-2008, 11:15 PM
bump While we are at it, a gubernatorial candidate can be built up for 2010.

chiefsmurph
09-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Lol. Only on RPF would "moderate 911 truther" be put in the pro's column.

nate895
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM

My thoughts exactly.

RedLightning
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
"Would you support Jesse Ventura in 2012?"
Yes, but I'd rather have someone like Gov. Gary Johnson.

Dequeant
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Screw that, i've blown enough money on this in the last year.

I'll be investing from now on in bullets, guns, and survival gear.

And when that time comes, i'm still going to be PISSED OFF ABOUT TONIGHT!!!!

mport1
09-03-2008, 11:26 PM

Lol, yeah.

libertythor
09-03-2008, 11:35 PM

It is a pro. Most Americans beleive that not all has been told about what was behind 911.

nate895
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
It is a pro. Most Americans beleive that not all has been told about what was behind 911.

Only 20% would ever consider voting for a truther.

pebcak
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
We shouldn't be thinking about 2012 yet, but rather 2010. We all have a better understanding now on how our local conventions work, and the next ones are in 2010. THAT is the time to start taking over party positions.

We can't just focus on who our president is. We need to become the establishment from the ground up. Give it time. Paul has been doing this for decades.

The problem is that we are so factioned that it's difficult for us to unite and work together. So many people here are ready to abandon the party or abandon this movement at the first sign of corruption within the party establishment, but those things should be expected and anticipated by us. We know they will fight us.

But think about this: for my precinct I came to be nominated and to vote for delegates to the state convention, but most of the other people from my precinct were getting quite old, and I live in a neighborhood of mostly young people. Most people my age are in the Democrat camp, and I'm in a hardcore Republican state. In 4 to 8 years many of these older Republicans will no longer be at the conventions, and there won't be many others around to take the reigns.

In 2010, there will also be less of the current establishment at the conventions because it's an off-year for the presidential election and there will be no national convention. If you know how your local system works, be prepared. Start telling your fellow supporters and friends. Get with local organizers or start a group yourself.

We CAN become the establishment. And in 2012 when we start nominating candidates, we will have much greater influence. The key is, be prepared and ORGANIZE.

nate895
09-03-2008, 11:41 PM
We shouldn't be thinking about 2012 yet, but rather 2010. We all have a better understanding now on how our local conventions work, and the next ones are in 2010. THAT is the time to start taking over party positions.

We can't just focus on who our president is. We need to become the establishment from the ground up. Give it time. Paul has been doing this for decades.

The problem is that we are so factioned that it's difficult for us to unite and work together. So many people here are ready to abandon the party or abandon this movement at the first sign of corruption within the party establishment, but those things should be expected and anticipated by us. We know they will fight us.

But think about this: for my precinct I came to be nominated and to vote for delegates to the state convention, but most of the other people from my precinct were getting quite old, and I live in a neighborhood of mostly young people. Most people my age are in the Democrat camp, and I'm in a hardcore Republican state. In 4 to 8 years many of these older Republicans will no longer be at the conventions, and there won't be many others around to take the reigns.

In 2010, there will also be less of the current establishment at the conventions because it's an off-year for the presidential election and there will be no national convention. If you know how your local system works, be prepared. Start telling your fellow supporters and friends. Get with local organizers or start a group yourself.

We CAN become the establishment. And in 2012 when we start nominating candidates, we will have much greater influence. The key is, be prepared and ORGANIZE.

He said midterms, which means 2010.

pebcak
09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
He said midterms, which means 2010.

Sorry, I just reread the title and noticed that. :o d'oh! :rolleyes:

pacelli
09-03-2008, 11:46 PM

Please join us in the Freedom Living Forum :) Ammo cans are great for storage. Start buying canned food and learn how to start a vegetable garden (if you haven't already taken it up).

RedLightning
09-03-2008, 11:49 PM

I just hope that by the time I finish College, my AK and ammo I had to leave at home hasn't been banned.

libertythor
09-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I just hope that by the time I finish College, my AK and ammo I had to leave at home hasn't been banned.

AK would be a good state to grab a congressional seat, a governorship, and a senate seat!

libertythor
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
bump

Slist
09-04-2008, 12:58 AM

Great post pebcak. I think you are absolutely right... the party has to be taken over from inside.

libertythor
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
bump

libertythor
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
bump