PDA

View Full Version : Leave the Party Now!!!

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
They have just demonstrated their lack of concern for fairness. They just made a nomination unanimous when it was not for the first time in Party history, and I believe United States history. Once upon a time, that convention hall would be burning. They will not accept us. They will deny us entry. They will refuse to announce our votes. They will nominate other candidates. They will rig the vote. They will do ANYTHING to get you to shut up and your voices quieted. We don't have the time to change their leadership, for they won't even let us vote on it. We would have to wait years until they died before they'd even let us have the chance. Trying to take this party will be like trying to take over the Communist Party of China.

Mahkato
09-03-2008, 10:47 PM
The party is a vehicle. It goes where it is driven. If you let other people drive, you will not like where it goes.

Stay in the GOP and change it FROM THE BOTTOM UP. You need to actually get involved in your LOCAL party, make friends, and win leadership positions. The neocons took decades to achieve this much power in the GOP; don't think that you can get it back in a single year. And don't delude yourself into thinking that leaving the neocons in the driver's seat of a major political party is somehow okay.

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
The party is a vehicle. It goes where it is driven. If you let other people drive, you will not like where it goes.

Stay in the GOP and change it FROM THE BOTTOM UP. You need to actually get involved in your LOCAL party, make friends, and win leadership positions. The neocons took decades to achieve this much power in the GOP; don't think that you can get it back in a single year. And don't delude yourself into thinking that leaving the neocons in the driver's seat of a major political party is somehow okay.

Well, the driver is surrounded by a bunch of goons. I have been involved locally. They shut us down, everytime. It would be easier to win by getting out and assembling our own vehicle.

hopeforamerica
09-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Awesome post! In my little corner in AZ we had a minor victory today. We had a State Rep win his primary. He is a fairly solid Ron Paul type, and we have recruited many PC's to start getting things back on track.

Thanks for your wisdom. I wish more people could see it like this.

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Awesome post! In my little corner in AZ we had a minor victory today. We had a State Rep win his primary. He is a fairly solid Ron Paul type, and we have recruited many PC's to start getting things back on track.

Thanks for your wisdom. I wish more people could see it like this.

Did he come from Ron Paul's ranks, or was he just an opportunist like the bozos that represent me.

hopeforamerica
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Did he come from Ron Paul's ranks, or was he just an opportunist like the bozos that represent me.

Neither. The guy has been a Republican for a long time, he just happens to agree with Ron Paul. Believe it or not, there are a few of them out there :eek:

cswake
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, the driver is surrounded by a bunch of goons. I have been involved locally. They shut us down, everytime. It would be easier to win by getting out and assembling our own vehicle.

Look at the Libertarian Party. They've been driving for decades are now being filled with Neocons.

nate895
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Neither. The guy has been a Republican for a long time, he just happens to agree with Ron Paul. Believe it or not, there are a few of them out there :eek:

Does he promote his agenda? Mine are longtime, and I do mean longtime, GOPers who sound great, and even told me in person they liked Ron Paul. They go to the legislature and merely vote in a slightly conservative way. They do not act to see REAL ID stopped, they just occasionally vote "No" on a budget bill that's too overblown. They do not ask for nullification of the PATRIOT ACT, they simply vote against bills that would see animals regulated.

nate895
09-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Look at the Libertarian Party. They've been driving for decades are now being filled with Neocons.

Form a new party, the other third parties are already tarnished. Unite the Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Reformers, and conservatives of all stripes.

Rangeley
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
My reaction isnt to give up and leave the party - after seing such a despicable thing unfold on live television, I am determined more then ever to stay involved and remove these people from power.

libertythor
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
One can be a registered Republican AND participate in Libertarian conventions! Ron Paul is an LP member and a Republican.

I will not give up.

Dequeant
09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
We would have to wait years until they died before they'd even let us have the chance

I vote we help hurry their deaths along, all in favor say "OH SHIT WE'RE GOING TO JAIL!"

hopeforamerica
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Does he promote his agenda? Mine are longtime, and I do mean longtime, GOPers who sound great, and even told me in person they liked Ron Paul. They go to the legislature and merely vote in a slightly conservative way. They do not act to see REAL ID stopped, they just occasionally vote "No" on a budget bill that's too overblown. They do not ask for nullification of the PATRIOT ACT, they simply vote against bills that would see animals regulated.

Time will have to tell when he starts voting (He is new). However, I do think our group will have a huge impact on how he votes. He is a good guy, that listens to us and we will hold him accountable for how he votes. This is the job of a PC, and we have had one guy change his vote on the NAU after listening to what we had to say. I'm not saying we've made huge progress, but we are chipping away at it. The bottom line is that the neocons would just love it if we went away. Ha! Not a chance in hell. I plan on being a thorn in their side as long as I can.

nate895
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
One can be a registered Republican AND participate in Libertarian conventions! Ron Paul is an LP member and a Republican.

I will not give up.

Well, I am going to focus on the third party effort, and not in the LP. The LP's name has been tarnished by perennially losing with horribly cheesy commercials, and nearly nominating a pot smoker (I don't care what his illness) for VP.

jbuttell
09-04-2008, 01:54 AM
I see no reason for most people here to stay in the GOP. I've been registered independent/libertarian since I was first able to vote - and just registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul.

At this very moment, what good does it serve me or the country to be counted in the statistics of the Republican Party? Unless I'm going to run for office, why should I stay a Republican?

I'd much rather help show the GOP how much they're in for a major defeat by leaving the party that doesn't represent me at all.

Paulitical Correctness
09-04-2008, 02:09 AM
My reaction isnt to give up and leave the party - after seing such a despicable thing unfold on live television, I am determined more then ever to stay involved and remove these people from power.

This.

Would it be right to turn our backs on these poor souls who are so strongly held by the chains of darkness and ignorance?

Everyone should remember that our bulk (no proof here, just assumption) comes from former neocons, diehard republicans and/or democrats, advocates of big government, soldiers of the drug war, or *insert any anti-ron paul philosophy*.

Three years ago I would've hated you all with a passion and cringed at the thought of my future self being anything but a GWB sympathizer.

:eek:

raiha
09-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Chipping away at the neocon machine strikes me as being a contradiction in terms. For a start chipping involves something living as opposed to a machine. I don't think the bloatocracy will ever yield.
Good luck people with your chipping. I call it denial!

RoamZero
09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Unless I'm going to run for office, why should I stay a Republican?

Do more than vote, plan to become a delegate or try to go for a chairmen position for 2012.

Chipping away at the neocon machine strikes me as being a contradiction in terms. For a start chipping involves something living as opposed to a machine. I don't think the bloatocracy will ever yield.

And the alternative is? Third parties are an even bigger denial if you ask me. The masses won't suddenly "wake up" and do the right thing. Hope all you want but the way things are set up there can only be two shepards for the sheople.

LibertyEagle
09-04-2008, 03:14 AM

One thing is for sure, quitting, will certainly not yield anything.

raiha
09-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Who said anything about giving up?

Dorfsmith
09-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I've been yelled at by members of my meetup group but I'm leaving the GOP for good. If a decent Republican candidate comes along I'll vote for that person in a general election. Same with a good Democrat. As far as my energy and money...I'll fight for third party candidates. This team spirit stuff that I come across lately as I drive around town is sickening. People assume that since I have a Ron Paul sticker on my car I'm a dedicated Republican.

gls
09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, I am going to focus on the third party effort, and not in the LP. The LP's name has been tarnished by perennially losing with horribly cheesy commercials, and nearly nominating a pot smoker (I don't care what his illness) for VP.

OMG they nearly nominated a pot smoker for VP!

Good thing they dodged the bullet by nominating a neocon scam artist instead.

Richie
09-04-2008, 09:32 AM
omg they nearly nominated a pot smoker for vp!

Good thing they dodged the bullet by nominating a neocon scam artist instead.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0

hopeforamerica
09-04-2008, 09:37 AM

Having gone from a mere 7 PCs that support Ron Paul, to over 1/3 of the PCs in my LD is more than chipping, it's progress! Soon we will be the majority with more influence within the party. All of that in one year's time. So thank you for your wishes of good luck, but we don't need luck, we need our hard work (which is paying off).

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Considering that 25 percent of American voters are born again Christians, it is hardly surprising that you elect George Bush for two terms.

How depressing.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I've been yelled at by members of my meetup group but I'm leaving the GOP for good. If a decent Republican candidate comes along I'll vote for that person in a general election. Same with a good Democrat. As far as my energy and money...I'll fight for third party candidates. This team spirit stuff that I come across lately as I drive around town is sickening. People assume that since I have a Ron Paul sticker on my car I'm a dedicated Republican.

+99999999999999999999!!! I quit the Repub party yesterday in favor of the LP. There are plenty of problems with the party as it is now, but it's better than sticking with a party that has proven itself wrong so many times (the RP). There's no way to truly reform the RP because corruption is so deeply entrenched amongst them due to neocon influence. :(

If I could, I would do away with this silly party system and go to a more individualist system. Some important reforms include revising state laws that all but prohibit 3rd parties/independents/etc.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 09:47 AM
+99999999999999999999!!! I quit the Repub party yesterday in favor of the LP. There are plenty of problems with the party as it is now, but it's better than sticking with a party that has proven itself wrong so many times (the RP). There's no way to truly reform the RP because corruption is so deeply entrenched amongst them due to neocon influence. :(

If I could, I would do away with this silly party system and go to a more individualist system. Some important reforms include revising state laws that all but prohibit 3rd parties/independents/etc.

Power to ya!

Now get involved in local politics, and dis-mantle the system from the bottom-up!

ronpaulhawaii
09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Having gone from a mere 7 PCs that support Ron Paul, to over 1/3 of the PCs in my LD is more than chipping, it's progress! Soon we will be the majority with more influence within the party. All of that in one year's time. So thank you for your wishes of good luck, but we don't need luck, we need our hard work (which is paying off).

+2010

<yawn> quitters never win...

AgentOrange
09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Think how amazing it is that Ron Paul got any votes at all at the convention! This is proof of the dedication of his followers. Huckabee's followers all deserted him. Romney got 2 votes from Utah. Ron Paul was the 2nd place finisher. We need to stay in the Republican party and continuing working to return the party to its roots. We are doing too good now to drop the ball.

Carole
09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
I see no reason for most people here to stay in the GOP. I've been registered independent/libertarian since I was first able to vote - and just registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul.

At this very moment, what good does it serve me or the country to be counted in the statistics of the Republican Party? Unless I'm going to run for office, why should I stay a Republican?

I'd much rather help show the GOP how much they're in for a major defeat by leaving the party that doesn't represent me at all.
You could vote for a different party/candidate and send the Rep party a letter letting them know all about it. :D

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 09:55 AM
+2010

You are an example of fortitude.

Involve yourself in local government, and go as far as you can.

luna :D

Jamsie 567
09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
If you were a so called conservative Republican and you agree with this thread. Then the media was in the right by calling you a fringe person. I for one am a Republican. I will stand my ground to take back my party!

Dorfsmith
09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Fringe person here :) I was Libertarian before I registered Republican for Ron Paul so my roots are calling me back.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
If you were a so called conservative Republican and you agree with this thread. Then the media was in the right by calling you a fringe person. I for one am a Republican. I will stand my ground to take back my party!

What party? The party of exclusion and thuggery?

The party that did their ut-most to humiliate and subjugate Ron Paul?

Bite me!

Dorfsmith
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
what party? The party of exclusion and thuggery?

The party that did their ut-most to humiliate and subjugate ron paul?

Bite me!

lol :d

Max Stirner
09-04-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.rlc.org/

Stay in and join the RLC. Heads and shoulders above going third party in how effective you'll be. Going to LP/CP meetings and conventions is a great way to meet people, even voting for their candidates when you have no one worth backing, but as far as a vehicle to get something actually accomplished they're lost causes. Continue the revolution, stay in the Republican Party.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 10:20 AM
lol :d

Another anus. :D

Feenix566
09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm staying in the Republican party. I'm voting for Barr. Believe it or not, you're allowed to do that.

ShowMeLiberty
09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Is this some kind of argument about what we ALL should do? Seriously?

If I heard Dr. Paul correctly in his RFR speech, we need people doing a lot of different things at many levels. Some of us work to change the GOP. Some of us work within the LP. Some of us run for office. Some of us write great music for the Revolution or put together videos, or come up with awesome fundraising ideas or great new tools for spreading the message. Some of us will do other things.

We all have our individual part to play. Why is this collectivist demand even a topic for discussion?

Feenix566
09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Is this some kind of argument about what we ALL should do? Seriously?

If I heard Dr. Paul correctly in his RFR speech, we need people doing a lot of different things at many levels. Some of us work to change the GOP. Some of us work within the LP. Some of us run for office. Some of us write great music for the Revolution or put together videos, or come up with awesome fundraising ideas or great new tools for spreading the message. Some of us will do other things.

We all have our individual part to play. Why is this collectivist demand even a topic for discussion?

Good point :)

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Ron Paul is a Republican. So am I. He's voted the constitution, and against the party line, for decades. Our voice in the party is needed now more than ever. Do not be bullied, do not be thwarted.

If you quit the party now, you're just playing into their hands. It's much easier for them to marginalize you if you're outside the party than if you bear the same name.

Remember, we are the Real Republicans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXE7Q_fIZkE

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm staying in the Republican party. I'm voting for Barr. Believe it or not, you're allowed to do that.

That's understandable, and perfectly valid. However, (IMO) staying in the party is equivalent to being an enabler. The only message the GOP cares to listen to is when people just leave. They have a propaganda/media machine designed to quiet dissent, you see. (again, just MHO based on observation)

Madsci30
09-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I say stay in ....but maybe we should show them that they messed up. It obvious that we are not gonna vote Mccain, so lets make it very clear.

Start a group like this and piss them off.
REPUBLICANS for BOB BARR?
REPUBLICANS for BALDWIN?
If bumper stickers and signs were to appear nationwide showing that the republicans support another candidate besides their own....what would happen?

They might not be the best but they are way better than MCBAMA!

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I say stay in ....but maybe we should show them that they messed up. It obvious that we are not gonna vote Mccain, so lets make it very clear.

Start a group like this and piss them off.
REPUBLICANS for BOB BARR?
REPUBLICANS for BALDWIN?
If bumper stickers and signs were to appear nationwide showing that the republicans support another candidate besides their own....what would happen?

They might not be the best but they are way better than MCBAMA!

+1

I think "Real Republicans" could get some folks attention, too.

fedup100
09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
The Ron Paul movement is now and will big time be infiltrated and destroyed like all other third parties. The &^% er's morph and shape shift into every group of dissenters. face the facts. the tree of liberty is dried up and the top is wilted.

They are hoping you keep on keeping on and plan for 2012.....NOT!! There will not be a 2012 because this last bunch will finish the nau off in less than 24 months.

Sorry folks it is over and now lets move back out of the way and let GOD do what has to be done. This country deserves his wrath but I am so sorry that a bunch of good people will also be caught up in GODS blades. For those of you that don't believe that GOD sees and he is pissed, this ones for you. You wonder about the Hurricanes and earthquakes.....take a look........

Global warming my arse......it's Global judgement. O and McSame and DC will not skate on this one. Somehow it is such a good feeling knowing they will get theirs.

http://www.propheticwatchmanvine.com/watch13.htm

http://www.propheticwatchmanvine.com/map.htm

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Ron Paul is a Republican. So am I. He's voted the constitution, and against the party line, for decades. Our voice in the party is needed now more than ever. Do not be bullied, do not be thwarted.

If you quit the party now, you're just playing into their hands. It's much easier for them to marginalize you if you're outside the party than if you bear the same name.

Remember, we are the Real Republicans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXE7Q_fIZkE

Sorry mate,

Ron Paul is a Republican due to convenience.

There is no love lost between the two.

Stop bullshitting.

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry mate,

Ron Paul is a Republican due to convenience.

There is no love lost between the two.

Stop bullshitting.

/ignore

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
After a couple of glasses of red, Ron Paul would prefer the conservation of Kucinich...

No matter their differences.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 11:00 AM
/ignore

No.

You get real.

ARealConservative
09-04-2008, 11:06 AM
the party is a vehicle. It goes where it is driven. If you let other people drive, you will not like where it goes.

Stay in the gop and change it from the bottom up. You need to actually get involved in your local party, make friends, and win leadership positions. The neocons took decades to achieve this much power in the gop; don't think that you can get it back in a single year. And don't delude yourself into thinking that leaving the neocons in the driver's seat of a major political party is somehow okay.

+1776

invisible
09-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Leaving is exactly what 'they' want us to do. Staying and working for change from the inside is what Ron Paul wants us to do. RP learned the hard way back in 1988 how the deck is impossibly stacked against third parties. Just because you're registered as a Republican doesn't mean that you have to actually vote for neocons or socialists. Ever since I was first able to vote, I've always been registered as "Libertarian" or "other" or "independent" (depending on which state I was living in at the time). Upon joining the Republican party for the first time for RP's 2008 run, and supporting him openly, my "conservative credentials" were of course challenged / questioned by some of the neocons within the local party - my response was always that "I've never ever voted for a liberal in my entire life", which was of course the complete truth, and seemed to be good enough for them. The Republican party is still now at the weakest point it's been in a long time. We need to concentrate now on getting our people in for the midterm elections (as well as getting our people who made the 2008 ballot in), and educating those in your local party that following the Constitution is the most conservative position to possibly have: the key to success here is to bring them to realize on their own that you are actually more conservative than they are, when that happens, they will stop and think for a while, and eventually come around. Arguing and attacking isn't the way to do it. Finding out what issues you agree on and building from there is key. I'm staying - I didn't come this far and do all this hard work for nothing.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM
+1776

Libertarians will never win general elections.

Voters are generally apathetic and prone to false promises.

Grass roots is where to start. Sound management which produces results for communities.

Feenix566
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM
REPUBLICANS for BOB BARR

bumper stickers

I like that idea :)

TurtleBurger
09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
That's understandable, and perfectly valid. However, (IMO) staying in the party is equivalent to being an enabler. The only message the GOP cares to listen to is when people just leave. They have a propaganda/media machine designed to quiet dissent, you see. (again, just MHO based on observation)

It doesn't do any good to leave now, we just got there. We'll get a lot of "Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out".

We are the rookies in the Republican league, a championship wasn't a realistic goal on the first try. What you do now is wait until next year's off-year conventions when no one cares anymore. Bring all your friends that you can beg, plead, or bribe along to the local conventions, and get elected as delegates to the state level. Then you vote out the corrupt party machines that thwarted us this time around and replace them with Ron Paul-friendly types. Then next time around we'll be playing on a level playing field. In a few years it will be us that can have the coronation and ignore/expel our opponents. (Of course we wouldn't ignore procedures like they do; we're the good guys. But it's fun to imagine.)

GunnyFreedom
09-04-2008, 11:20 AM

More than just a few, in my experience.

hopeforamerica
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
More than just a few, in my experience.

I know, it was a stab at sarcasm. :p

porcupine
09-04-2008, 11:39 AM

+1

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Mine is an Australian experience.(I lived in America for 17 years.)

I had a 14 acre property running a successful plant nursery for 15 years.

Dogs, horses, goats, chooks. pretty much self-sufficient.

One day I got a knock on my door from the Power Company informing me that they were going to build a power plant on Crown land with 80 metre transformers and generators imported from Denmark to supply the energy requirements of 200,000 people.

Next door to my environment.

I united my neighbors, organized meetings, started writing, researching, map reading, and being a total wanker.

Learned how not to be intimidated by public speaking, and confront the multi-levels of bearocracy.

To make a 18 month journey short, my neighbors and I got a fair result which involved substantial monies. Not bad.

I encourage others to put their toe in the water.

It feels good.

ARealConservative
09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Libertarians will never win general elections.

Voters are generally apathetic and prone to false promises.

Grass roots is where to start. Sound management which produces results for communities.

this thread is about leaving the republican party. the C4L is about engaging the republican party at the grassroots level producing results for communities.

Your tripe about Libertarians not winning elections is the same stuff we have come to expect from you.

It was so great meeting up with the other non-wall flowers this week, sadly I am back to dealing with the full of shit contingent again.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 11:58 AM
this thread is about leaving the republican party. the C4L is about engaging the republican party at the grassroots level producing results for communities.

Your tripe about Libertarians not winning elections is the same stuff we have come to expect from you.

It was so great meeting up with the other non-wall flowers this week, sadly I am back to dealing with the full of shit contingent again.

I must apologize.

It is important to remain focused.

John McCain is my hero.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 12:02 PM

My "tripe" relates to grassroots. Libertarians can build an infrastructure there.

Settle for John McCain.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Wait, i'm in the GOP, but because there are imposters who don't represent the foundations of the party, I should give it to them and leave? Fuck you.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Why would any Ron Paul supporter who followed the primaries, and debates, give a royal flying fuck about the Republican Party?

ARealConservative
09-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Why would any Ron Paul supporter who followed the primaries, and debates, give a royal flying fuck about the Republican Party?

because we live in a two party system

Or atleast the 'we" that didn't run away.

tpreitzel
09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
+2010

Yep. This concept is really hard for younger folks to understand. We want gratification NOW! Unfortunately, victory won't come immediately regardless of its urgency!

kill the banks
09-04-2008, 12:25 PM

+1 &
kill the banks

josephadel_3
09-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Screw the GOP. They treated me like shit at their "party", the state convention. I'm switching to Independent next chance I get.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
because we live in a two party system

Or atleast the 'we" that didn't run away.

Cute.

I'd love to come back and visit some of my family, especially my bro.

Concerned that I might not pass your Homeland security.

Especially considering open minded people such as yourself might be minding the gates.

Ahhh... The price of freedom.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Or ARealConservative...

The price of being a insular prick?

Michael Landon
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I plan on staying in the Republican Party. The way I see it is that a majority of us (Paul supporters) are 35 and younger where the majority of the rest of the Republican Party are 45 and older. In most cases they are 55 and older, just look at the differences between the two conventions. The Paul supporters at the Rally were all really young and the delegates at the Republican Convention were all really old. In 10-15 years we will be firmly in charge of the party but we need to stay the course. With that said, I will be doing everything I can to support the 3rd parties like the Libertarian and Constitution Parties. With this election, there won't be a single vote cast by me for either of the major parties.

We each need to do our own things to accomplish the goal of returning this country to it's roots of freedom. There is no wrong way.

- ML

tpreitzel
09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Although this comment is technically the subject of another thread. Ron has consistently maintained that forming another party is impractical for various reasons. His main objection seems to be the money. Didn't he estimate at one time that the cost of forming another party would be near $500M? Now, we switch to the objections of the American people. They vote along the 2 party lines generally. In their minds, they're voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Would a brand new party infrastructure that solicited the disaffected lovers of freedom from the other main minority parties work at wooing those American voters who would normally vote for the Twiddle brothers? Would the option of financing and creating a new 3rd party be viable while we work within the other major parties to change them internally? Would the potential of this 3rd party initiate more rapid transformation toward liberty within the two major parties? Etc. etc....

nc4rp
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
nah we gonna take it over.

Michael Landon
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Look what we accomplished in the last 18 months. Give us 10 years and the Republican Party will be filled with a majority of Ron Paul Republicans. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

- ML

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Ron Paul advocates local / community government.

Why don't some of you talented individuals get started now.

And...

Show them how it's done.

Roll up your sleeves. Start locally.

tpreitzel
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Look what we accomplished in the last 18 months. Give us 10 years and the Republican Party will be filled with a majority of Ron Paul Republicans. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

- ML

I agree, but I really wonder about the remaining time factor. I, personally, don't think we have another decade given the current circumstances. The formidable threat from the formation of a new 3rd party with the necessary resources for competing nationally could very likely cause abrupt, though temporary, changes in direction of the 2 major parties while we work within those major parties to transform them. In other words, surround and invade simultaneously.

Rhys
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
They have just demonstrated their lack of concern for fairness. They just made a nomination unanimous when it was not for the first time in Party history, and I believe United States history. Once upon a time, that convention hall would be burning. They will not accept us. They will deny us entry. They will refuse to announce our votes. They will nominate other candidates. They will rig the vote. They will do ANYTHING to get you to shut up and your voices quieted. We don't have the time to change their leadership, for they won't even let us vote on it. We would have to wait years until they died before they'd even let us have the chance. Trying to take this party will be like trying to take over the Communist Party of China.

Quit crying about what they do. Did you expect them to roll over and play dead? You and they can take their ball and go home; we have work to do.

GunnyFreedom
09-04-2008, 12:58 PM

What you do not see is that there are a LOT of disgruntled GOP'ers who love and I mean LOVE the US Constitution who have fled activism in disgust. There are also still embattled others in the GOP who eat, sleep, and drink the Taft-Goldwater arm of the old GOP, who have held their post waiting for us, but who don't have the numbers to generate movement.

They do, now.

Ron Paul speaks to the hardline GOP Senator Robert Taft Club
See:

http://www.roberttaft.org/paul.htm

For the full story and youTube of the speech.

Next Meeting :
Russia: Friend or Foe

Srdja Trifkovic, Igor Zevelev, Nicolas Gvosdev, one more speaker TBA

When: Monday April 7 7:00-10:00 PM --- Reception with light fare and pay bar at 7:00, program begins promptly at 8:00
Where: The Boulevard Woodgrill 2901 Wilson Blvd *Arlington, VA 22201
Parking and Directions

Both the establishment Right and Left believe that Russia poses a threat. Hillary Clinton said Vladimir Putin "doesn't have a soul," while John McCain has complained that Russia is "opposed to the principles of the Western democracies" and has urged that they be kicked out of the G8 and a "league of democracies" be formed to counter their influence. Is Russia an authoritarian threat, a potential ally, or simply a re-emerging world power who we need not antagonize. To offer some unconventional wisdom our speakers will be:

http://www.roberttaft.org/

The Robert A Taft Club is a conservative organization associated with Pat Buchanan's The American Cause. Named after United States Senator Robert Taft, The Taft Club was founded by Marcus Epstein in 2006. The Club holds occasional meetings with panelists focused on a topic of particular controversy within conservative circles.

In the past, meetings have been held on the impact of the Religious Right, race and conservatism, the social significance of the Duke Lacrosse Case, the Right in Europe, and the future of the conservative movement.

The Taft Club has no official political affliation; however, its speakers and members are often described as paleoconservative, libertarian, paleolibertarian, and traditionalist.

The Taft Club has been highly critical of the Republican Party and in August 2007 held a meeting in which speakers discussed the possibility of the conservative movement ending their association with the GOP. The Taft Club has also been a venue for criticism of the Religious Right. In June, Doug Bandow spoke on the Religious Right's support of reckless, interventionary foreign policy and the Cato Institute's Michael Tanner on the Religious Right's role in the expansion of government. James C. Russell also spoke at the meeting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A_Taft_Club

Born: 8 September 1889
Birthplace: Cincinnati, Ohio
Died: 31 July 1953
Best Known As: The U.S. Senate's "Mr. Republican"

Robert A. Taft was known as "Mr. Republican" for his dominance during the years 1939-1953, when he served as a U.S. senator from Ohio. Taft is most famous for his steady opposition to Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal policies, and for sponsoring the Taft-Hartley Labor Relations Act of 1947. Taft was the son of Helen Herron Taft and William Howard Taft, U.S. president from 1909-1913. Robert Taft stood for the GOP presidential nomination three different times, but never received the nomination; in 1952 he was considered a frontrunner but was defeated by war hero Dwight Eisenhower. Taft became Senate majority leader just before his death in 1953.

Britannica Concise Encyclopedia: Robert Alphonso Taft

(born Sept. 8, 1889, Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. — died July 31, 1953, New York, N.Y.) U.S. politician. The son of William H. Taft, he served in the Ohio legislature before being elected to the U.S. Senate (1939 – 53). He became known as a strong advocate of traditional conservativism and earned the nickname "Mr. Republican." He opposed centralizing power in the federal government and cosponsored the Taft-Hartley Act to restrict organized labour. An isolationist, he opposed U.S. involvement in postwar international organizations. He was a favourite-son candidate for president at Republican Party national conventions, especially in 1948 and 1952, but internationalists in the party opposed his conservative views. After the election of Dwight Eisenhower, Taft became Senate majority leader and Eisenhower's chief adviser in the Senate.

http://www.answers.com/topic/robert-a-taft

Quotes:

"The only method by which people can be supported is out of the effort of those who are earning their own way. We must not create a deterrent to hard work."

The Robert A. Taft Memorial, featuring a 10-foot statue and a bell tower, is located north of the Capitol on Constitution Avenue. The inscription on the tower reads:

This Memorial to Robert A. Taft, presented by the people to the Congress of the United States, stands as a tribute to the honesty, indomitable courage, and high principles of free government symbolized by his life.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Quit crying about what they do. Did you expect them to roll over and play dead? You and they can take their ball and go home; we have work to do.

And what work is that?

Mindless commitment?

Liberty is telling people what they do not want to hear.

hotbrownsauce
09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Patients

We will win back our country one way or another. Whether it be by taking back the Republican Party, voting for a 3rd party, by pressuring our representatives at all levels, by civil disobedience, or by the 2nd amendment shall our government ever become absolutely tyrannical. Some may say that it is tyrannical.
We are all confused, we want this crappy government to end and all of us are finding any and all means to do it. I think, that right there shows real spirit and dedication on our part. Our coalition just formed (C4L) and we don't know how it will work. Look at it in this perspective, if 200 years ago you told someone that you could eventually talk to someone in China from the USA in real time (telephone) they'd say, "get out of here your crazy!" The same thing can be said about this Rally For the Republic. Lets give this thing a try with our full effort. Just look what we have done over the last 2 years. As Ron Paul says we've accomplished more than he could have dreamed. Maybe we'll surprise ourselves and accomplish more than we could have dreamed in the C4L!

I'm not ready to break away from Ron Paul yet, he has only united us and played just as big of a role in getting this Revolution started and we thank him by turning our back on him because we have no patients? Get real, Ron Paul is 1 half of this movement and we are the other. I'm not turning my back on Ron Paul hes my only spokes person who can get the message out on the scale he does. Hes put in 30 years of his life for us and we can't put in only a few for him? I think we need to respect this man and his ideas because with out him none of this would be here now. Sure do your own thing I wont stop you. Just remember what he has done over his WHOLE LIFE TIME! Hes sacrificed a lot for this I'm not throwing away his life work just yet.

I know most of you will be with me by my side... I'll be seeing you in the campaign for liberty!

Shall the time come for other measures we are all smart enough to figure out what we need to do.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Patients

We will win back our country one way or another. Whether it be by taking back the Republican Party, voting for a 3rd party, by pressuring our representatives at all levels, by civil disobedience, or by the 2nd amendment shall our government ever become absolutely tyrannical. Some may say that it is tyrannical.
We are all confused, we want this crappy government to end and all of us are finding any and all means to do it. I think that right there shows real spirit and dedication on our part. Our coalition just formed and we don't know how it will work. Look at it in this perspective, if 200 years ago you told someone that you could eventually talk to someone in China from the USA in real time (telephone) they'd say, "get out of here your crazy!" The same thing can be said about this Rally For the Republic. Lets give this thing a try with our full effort. Look what we have done over the last 2 years. As Ron Paul says we've accomplished more than he could have dreamed. Maybe we'll surprise ourselves and accomplish more than we could have dreamed!

*If you see this I'm still EDITING this post*

I wished I could agree.

But...

Since I left the States, you have become creatures of comfort apathetic, and worst... Manipulated.

Get your shit together!

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
In 1968 I was 10 years old living in Chicago.

Regardless of affiliation, that convention will be forever etched on my mind.

Is it possible that some of you will make similar political statements?

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I donated 8000 of my hard-earned towards Ron Paul prior to the New Hampshire Primary through various relatives in the states.

Waiting for a result. Live free or die!

We got whooped.

Shattered.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm more pragmatic now.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry,

I'm dribbling.

Been partying.

Ozwest
09-04-2008, 01:43 PM
It's 3:50 am where I live.

Rhys
09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
And what work is that?

Mindless commitment?

Liberty is telling people what they do not want to hear.

Work means something that sucks to do and you don't want to do it but you have to in order to have gains. In this case, fight for your right to be heard in your party. Run for a party office or a local office. Be the party. Don't commit to their terrible agenda. Make them commit to our awesome agenda.

anaconda
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I think that it might not be a bad move for Dr. Paul, now that the convention is over, to either take over the Constitution Party with a deal that he gets to write a new party platform, or start his own party.

Out supporters would be very excited I believe and the mission would become very clear: Grow the Party..By now many people have heard of Ron Paul and I believe it is mostly in a positive light.

The Libertarian Party is messed up and has a real bad stigma among the masses as a bunch of wimpy pot smokers. The name "Libertarian" just sounds wimpy phonetically.

It might actually be easier to pick up defectors from other parties than to try to break the corrupt stranglehold on the major two parties.

brooklyn
09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
No one expected the GOP to roll over and let us have our way but the lengths they have gone to, to violate, rob, steal, misrepresent, will NOT CHANGE. They control the room, the rules, and every avenue of recourse.
I will not stop trying to change the party however we don't have much time left.
Without something drastic happening within the party, we will be facing this same bulls--t again in 2012.
Our own four delegates from NV who were RP supporters(the only ELECTED DELEGATES) seemed to have "rolled" over on us, while a whole group of us stayed at home here pursuing and continuing our legal fight.
Reality seems to be that it will take decades to take the party over to the point where we can control it and I don't think we have that much time.

GunnyFreedom
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Work means something that sucks to do and you don't want to do it but you have to in order to have gains. In this case, fight for your right to be heard in your party. Run for a party office or a local office. Be the party. Don't commit to their terrible agenda. Make them commit to our awesome agenda.

I believe that through the tools provided by the Campaign 4 Liberty, we can build up an adgenda of strict construction from the grassroots. I also believe that the level of disgruntled in our communities will, with effort, fetch us 90% of the seats in the GOP and to really begin building up a prominent presence of Strict Constructionists within Congress over the next 6 years.

It's time to vote out the liars within the GOP.

If your experience was like mine, then with another 50 delegates you could swing your counties, and with another 2 or 3 delegates, you could swing your district. With another 280 we would have held our whole state.

In 2009 we will vote for the official GOP Chairpersons throughout the nation, and 2010 we will vote for Congress and Senate. A large number of local offices will be open, like maybe in your State Assembly (Sally?)

We need to build parallel structures between GOP orgs and C4L offices held. Monthly events at precinct and county levels to pull in the grassroots and mingle with your voice on the hill. Events hosted by the C4L on behalf of the GOP to introduce strict construction and for the electorate at large to discuss issues with the potential candidates for the next office within their communities.

This structure will allow the C4L to actively engage the communities and moderate candidates for the cause of Liberty and Construction under the proper auspices of the GOP official organizational cooperation.

Thus building up a vital grassroots Constructionist movement, we push into Chairs and Offices nationwide.

It will not take a major shift to swing the electorate. With one delegate from every precinct in America, we could own 70% of the entire GOP and 25% of the entirety of federal and state government within 6 years. With three delegates from every precinct in America we would have a 98% share of GOP decisionmaking and maybe as high as a 2/3 majority in most offices.

Strict Constructionism from the ground up, and the first numbers game is easy. Our next big numbers game is in February 2010.

I want to try to reach one delegate from every precinct by Feb 2009, and three delegates from every precinct by Feb 2010. Make it an even 5 delegates by Feb 2011, and we will have taken posession of 99% of the GOP. If we can hit seven delegates from every precinct by Feb 2012, then we will win the oval office hands down, purely imho, as well has holding a super-majority of Congreses and the Senate.

The first, and most crucial task is to contact Ron Paul supporters and reconnect with our 1.2 Million strong base. My dream is to hit 1 Million C4L list-members by Nov 5th 2008, but my goal is to hit 1 Million C4L list-members by February '09.

hotbrownsauce
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I wished I could agree.

But...

Since I left the States, you have become creatures of comfort apathetic, and worst... Manipulated.

Get your shit together!

I don't know any C4L member that is apathetic or manipulated... besides can you elaborate on what we are apathetic to and manipulated to?

I plan on running for office years from now when I'm old enough to. I don't call that apathetic. I write my congress people about how their votes help or destroy liberties and freedom, I don't call that manipulated. I don't follow the mainstream very closely because its always propaganda, promoting what that company sees fit (Fox explicitly). I tell my friends about the Globalists and Neo Cons plans. I do my share of work and every other supporter out there does that same work times 10.

We aren't gun ho about killing government officials as some may want us. There is possibility for peaceful means to save this country and some would have us rather resort to violence?
But it's not getting done fast enough!

I'll be damned if I let you call supporters apathetic and manipulated. That is disgusting! I like how some people just attack others and it isn't constructive at all!

"you have become creatures of comfort apathetic, and worst... Manipulated"
Constructive? No

raiha
09-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Ozwest, they let ME in but they've got a picture of my iris and my finger prints.

libertarian4321
09-06-2008, 02:31 AM
After watching the antics of the GOP for the past year, I'm wondering if we might have a better chance in the Democratic Party- I don't see how they could possibly be any less fair than the Nazis who run the GOP...