Bullshit. He got 11!

nyrgoal99
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Bullshit. He got 11!

15 actually

Cleaner44
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
15 actually

I believe Ron Paul got 13 of the 15 and Mitt got 2.

UnReconstructed
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
We'll never know how many he actually got because a lot of states weren't saying who all their delegates went to if they split.

Badger Paul
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
They won't let them have 15 measly votes, the greedy shits.

It's all about McCain, you don't exist.

At least the Dems were nice to Hilary. But alas we don't have 18 million voters and that's the difference.

But our one million will be the difference in November. Anyone of those who votes for McCain after tonight, I ought to box your ears in.

Starfield
09-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm going to take a guess that some of the RP delegates were "pledged" or otherwise judged ineligible for some BS reason and they decided on-the-spot not to count them.

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM

At least the Dems were nice to Hilary. But alas we don't have 18 million voters and that's the difference.

But our one million will be the difference in November. Anyone of those who votes for McCain after tonight, I ought to box your ears in.

If we had 60 million voters, we wouldn't know because the vote would have been lost.

MozoVote
09-03-2008, 10:58 PM
In a few days we'll get to hear first hand from our delegates how this all went down. Were they even on the floor? Were the alternates swapped in?

nate895
09-03-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm going to take a guess that some of the RP delegates were "pledged" or otherwise judged ineligible for some BS reason and they decided on-the-spot not to count them.

I know some were pledged to Paul, including the 4 from Oregon, 6 from Idaho, and 4 from North Carolina.

MozoVote
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
NC had only 3 pledged to Paul. Was supposed to be 5 but the state party changed the rules after the primary and gave us 3.

That 4th vote must have been a stealth delegate or a Huck delegate that would not quit.

ultimaonliner
09-03-2008, 11:46 PM

I acknowledge that the McCaine machine is strong, but it is a travesty to ALL Republicans when the process of nomination can be manipulated. The nomination system has lost its integrity.

IMHO, this is not that different when dictatorships have their "elections" with their dictator being reported as having 100% of the votes.

agaiziunas
09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
...it's the people who count the votes. (-Stalin)

Conza88
09-03-2008, 11:52 PM
...it's the people who count the votes. (-Stalin)

Or the people who report them. ;)

MozoVote
09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Although the party accomplished its goal of the appeatance of unity, I strongly suspect that the RNC behind closed doors knows there is a problem. They could get the Romney and Huckabee people on board... but had to resort to subtrefuge on the Ron Paul votes. Surely those state chairmen were in communication with the higher ups... all reporting the same "difficulty".

The bigwigs know during the primaries Paul got high single digits or better in most states. If most of the voters act like the delegates did... well, you can see the implications.

ultimaonliner
09-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I know that they want the picture of unity, but I for one am now insulted.

I was thinking of supporting McCaine/Palin or Barr/Root, and now I am leaning towards Barr. If the RNC had "allowed" for votes for Paul, Romney, Huckabee, etc, I would have respected the party for acknowledging its diversity and willingness to pitch a large tent.

jkr
09-04-2008, 01:07 AM
we must pound on this swindel guy and his amendment!

it is NOT unannimous

fj45lvr
09-04-2008, 01:24 AM
The nomination system has lost its integrity.

The people that operate it have NONE. time to RE-BOOT and start over.

V4Vendetta
09-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Yeah I think he got 15, but when the secretary want to call out the votes for Paul, the chairwoman cut her off, to go to the next state. She didn't want the people watching to see his support, or on the video that will be sold.

Mini-Me
09-04-2008, 02:37 AM
...and that 15 isn't even counting the 20 "missing" votes that went entirely unacknowledged...which according to people paying more attention in another thread, seem to line up with other states where we should have had delegates.
...nor is it counting any of the ~7 delegates we should have had from Nevada (or the 4 we were offered to compensate for those ~7 being stolen).

Pepsi
09-04-2008, 05:16 AM
I know some were pledged to Paul, including the 4 from Oregon, 6 from Idaho, and 4 from North Carolina.

They didn't even count the ones from Idaho. They only counted the ones for McCain. Lt. Governor Jim Risch didn't say any thing about the Ron Paul votes, only the ones for McCain during the roll call.

Imperial
09-04-2008, 05:27 AM

Washington tried to say 4 votes for paul, but the cheers drowned him out. The idiots didn't count them.

In the end, I think Paul was counted with 13, but it should have been 17.

The chairmen of each state delegation just dropped off to delegates I guess who were nominated at district level...

Debbie Hopper
09-04-2008, 05:27 AM
They stole our 12 pledged from ND too.

Badger Paul
09-04-2008, 07:40 AM
What happened Debbie?

pauletteNV
09-04-2008, 08:03 AM
This is the way I see it and from what I have been able to gather to date. There is no vote from an individual which counts anywhere along the line. Even the "group count" which is basically what the convention represents is corrupt and manipulated.

Last night, Boehner, The Chair, asked if there were any other nominations, barely breathed and apparently didn't hear the shout of "Ron Paul" (ha ha, TV audio did) and very quickly continued with "there being no further nominations........." Blocked. I'd love to give that brave soul who shouted "Ron Paul" a big hug. When one of the state representatives went to the mic to place the total of 34 votes, he said 30 votes for McCain and then his mic was cut so that the votes for Ron Paul were not tallied, or at any rate this is what is being reported. No, Ron Paul would not have won, but it was important that his following be allowed their votes and hard work and that the nation know how popular he is. The GOP made sure that didn't happen. Some of the alternates reported being followed by what they called the "McCain SS" whenever they moved about the arena.

Even the 4 Ron Paul delegates we were finally allowed from Nevada (when there should have been 28 as nominated on the convention floor on June 28th), were coercised (haven't found out yet what happened exactly) and that witch Sue Lowden proudly proclaimed, very, very smugly, that Nevada proudly and unanimously gives all 34 of its vote to McCain...I was shocked. KKOH radio news at 2AM reported that Chris Dyer said they were given a choice to either abstain or cast their votes unanimously for McCain. Why the 4 "allowed" delegates made the decision they did can only be answered by those delegates. My stomach sank. We worked so hard to show the world that Dr. Paul beat McCain in his state. Disgusting This system is so corrupt it stinks.

Michael Landon
09-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I did notice that out of the 41 votes in Minnesota 35 went to McCain although they didn't announce where the other 6 votes went to. If I'm not mistaken, Scribbler stated that we had at least 6 committed Paul delegates so I'm pretty sure those missing 6 were for Dr. Paul.

- ML

Conza88
09-04-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't think anyone BUT Ron Paul supporters would have the guts, in face of all that "unity" to stick with their consciences & not vote McCain.

FrankRep
09-04-2008, 08:46 AM
How many delegates did Ron Paul have?

Badger Paul
09-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Thirty-Five at the most.

I do hope the delegates tell their stories. I want to hear what happen.

pebcak
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I did notice that out of the 41 votes in Minnesota 35 went to McCain although they didn't announce where the other 6 votes went to. If I'm not mistaken, Scribbler stated that we had at least 6 committed Paul delegates so I'm pretty sure those missing 6 were for Dr. Paul.

- ML

I noticed that too. Also Nebraska gave 31/33 votes to McCain, and I know for a fact the other 2 went to Paul but were not mentioned. Paul's delegate count would have been much, much higher had this process been conducted honestly.

jkr
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
dirty.

all i can see and say

klamath
09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Their attempt to show a unified party went way beyond reasonable and really came across as corrupt. May this be the last Neocon controlled convention! With their actions they have solidly solidly cemented a no vote for McCain in this man.

Margo37
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I am beyond heartsick at what I witnessed last night, another or final nail in the coffin of this Republic. Coupled with the overly controlled roll call voting, the media reporting absolutely nothing about the demonstrations outside and not allowing Dr Paul to even attend without a "chaperone" there's nothing left.

The first night after they dared to show the Bill of Rights, Constitution and Federalist Papers followed by lie after lie about "love of country" "character" "freedom" etc. I had to shut it off, last night I didn't expect much and got even less.

There's a big brave war "hero" for you, (oh, can't forget the POW status) he can't even stand up to a few opposing votes or even allow them to be announced. Why is he so afraid I wonder? We are the ones with daggers in the back.

I'm not confident there will be a USA by the time the next "election" rolls around.

Rhys
09-04-2008, 12:33 PM
What happened to vote Ron Paul even if you go to jail? I'm disappointed in our delegates. Some republic this is.

Margo37
09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Today 02:33 PM
Rhys What happened to vote Ron Paul even if you go to jail? I'm disappointed in our delegates. Some republic this is.

Massachusetts Paul delegates voted for McCain?? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...17016&srvc=rss

http://67.225.158.147/showthread.php?t=153498

forsmant
09-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I noticed that too. Also Nebraska gave 31/33 votes to McCain, and I know for a fact the other 2 went to Paul but were not mentioned. Paul's delegate count would have been much, much higher had this process been conducted honestly.

I know we sent those two as undecided but they supported Paul.

AJ Antimony
09-04-2008, 03:47 PM
How many votes were we supposed to get if delegates didn't wimp out?