PDA

View Full Version : Alternate delegate elect, checking in...

krott5333
09-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I was unable to make it to the rally for the republiic.. And as far as the actual convention? The RNC wanted to charge me a $350 admission fee. I'm not giving those bastards another cent! So, even though I was elected as the 3rd alternate in my district, I didn't go. Besides, I switched my party to libertarian.

I hope everyone who went to the rally had fun. I'm watching Jesse Ventura's speech right now, its pretty darn good so far.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, I haven't been on here in awhile, and I haven't really been very politically active. But now that I'm watching these videos, I'm going to try to get back into the game.

And I will still be writing in Ron Paul, with Kucinich for VP. And I'm going to make a big sandwich board for outside the election hall that reads:

Voting for the lesser of two evils is STILL EVIL
... and you call yourself a Christian?

that outta piss alot of people off, but it will be fun.

RP08!

Peace.

literatim
09-03-2008, 09:06 PM
So you got elected by your constituents and then didn't do what you got elected to do? Don't ever become a politician.

Bender
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
"Voting for the lesser of two evils is STILL EVIL
... and you call yourself a Christian?"

Hehe, I'm in a bitter mood right now (RNC) so I find that awesome.

Mahkato
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM
So you got elected by your constituents and then didn't do what you got elected to do? Don't ever become a politician.

Well, not doing what they get elected to do is exactly what politicians do, but I agree: If you didn't know what representing your state at the RNC would involve, cost-wise at least, that wasn't a very responsible thing to do. Not that they would have let you do anything anyway at that dog and pony show.

krott5333
09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, not doing what they get elected to do is exactly what politicians do, but I agree: If you didn't know what representing your state at the RNC would involve, cost-wise at least, that wasn't a very responsible thing to do. Not that they would have let you do anything anyway at that dog and pony show.

They wanted to charge me $350 admission, $250 per guest, plus $179 per night for 5 nights at some hotel they chose. I can't afford it. And the chance of a 3rd alternate actually getting a chance to vote is slim to none.

It really doesn't bother me. I'm tired of their crap.

ronpaulitician
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
That money is better spent elsewhere.

Conza88
09-04-2008, 12:03 AM
They wanted to charge me $350 admission, $250 per guest, plus $179 per night for 5 nights at some hotel they chose. I can't afford it. And the chance of a 3rd alternate actually getting a chance to vote is slim to none.

It really doesn't bother me. I'm tired of their crap.

You did the right thing imo.

As per the above comment "better spent elsewhere" QFFT!

So, op - go spend it on Liberty Causes ;)

It can get you pretty far I think. :D

MozoVote
09-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I can't blame an alternate for saying "Fuck This Shit". Alternates are nothing more than pawns for the party bosses, anyway.

Will be interesting to read the voting delegates' stories in the next few days. I wonder if there were many of them who objected to this "shakedown" too.

Badger Paul
09-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry you coulnd't but at least they didn't sink their claws in you.

rockandrollsouls
09-04-2008, 12:15 AM
I can't blame an alternate for saying "Fuck This Shit". Alternates are nothing more than pawns for the party bosses, anyway.

Will be interesting to read the voting delegates' stories in the next few days. I wonder if there were many of them who objected to this "shakedown" too.

That's not the point. When you become a delegate you have a commitment. Plus, we could have done a chip in that would have easily covered costs. What a disappointment.

MozoVote
09-04-2008, 12:16 AM
There may be nothing illegal or "wrong" about demanding a contribution in order to vote as a delegate. It was only $15 or so at my county/district level and then $30 at State. The precedent is there.

But it smells sleazy to hit up for several hundred.

rockandrollsouls
09-04-2008, 12:20 AM
There may be nothing illegal or "wrong" about demanding a contribution in order to vote as a delegate. It was only $15 or so at my county/district level and then $30 at State. The precedent is there.

But it smells sleazy to hit up for several hundred.

Please read my post. You did not fulfill your obligation. Most everyone here worked hard to get delegates to the convention, and you just "flaked out" because you decided the costs were too much (which, I believe, you guys should have been fully briefed on before going out there.)

MozoVote
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, I made a chip-in to one of the alternates for my state. If she had been seated I would hope she voted... but even if not I would not be that upset. I know her chip-in came nowhere close to the actual cost of travel and attending.

rockandrollsouls
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, I made a chip-in to one of the alternates for my state. If she had been seated I would hope she voted... but even if not I would not be that upset. I know her chip-in came nowhere close to the actual cost of travel and attending.

I'd have to say I'm upset. People work hard to get delegates to the convention, you volunteer and make the commitment, then flake out because you didn't feel like it anymore. Why did we work so hard in the primaries? Why did we fight so hard for those delegate slots. Hell, forget the GOP screwing us...our own people don't even do their job.

MozoVote
09-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Final post on this. If we'd had a "serious" shot at this nomination, I would be in agreement. But this round was a dry run for 2012. We knew the deck was stacked, especially after the state convention baloney.

Time for bed... But I will read with interest the other delegates' tales when they get home to their computers...