PDA

View Full Version : McCain Partied across from R4R last night

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
As I was leaving the Target Center walking across the street to the club where Jimmy Vaughn was going to be last night I noticed a guy standing outside a restaurant. He was in a suit and tie and had a pin on his lapel and had his hands folded an was staring out onto the street.

While walking by this guy kind of stood out and I looked over at him because something about him struck me as odd.

As I walked past him (he was about 20-30 ft away) we made eye contact. Then we glared at each other for a few seconds. I was checking him out, he was checking me out. It was very weird.

Then he kind of nodded to me and I nodded back. By this time I was almost out of his eye sight and all of the suddent it struck me....I figured it out.... the guy was Secret Service. And there were a few more SS agents around the building too. Sheesh these guys stand out like a sore thumb.

Anyway so that tells me that McCain was inside the building. Later inside our club it was confirmed by one of my fellow CFL members that McCain had indeed shown up and got out of a car and walked into the restaurant across the street.

Imagine if McCain had arrived and gotten out of his car as the entire Rally had emptied out of the building....heh heh heh.... 10k Ron Paul supporters surrounding McCain... THAT would be a good news story :p