PDA

View Full Version : Palin is using a screen prompter

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Or whatever its called, anyone else just see that?

ShowMeLiberty
09-03-2008, 08:46 PM

They all do. :rolleyes:

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
They all do. :rolleyes:

RP did?

Bruno
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
RP did?

Of course not. He does not fall into the category of "they". ;)

angelatc
09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
It's not a big deal. Before they existed, people used notecards, and I've seen Ron Paul use those.

Flame away, but she gave a great speech. Obama should be freaking glad she's not running for President.

This whole thing reminds me of the Charles and Diana stuff. He was royalty, but she upstaged his stodgy butt without even really trying to.

Did you see McCain come out and horn in on her spotlight? This could get freaking ugly.

newyearsrevolution08
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM

come on LOL

everyone on tv uses one

can you remember a 30 minute speech?

nit pick much?

not that I care for that lady at all but come on people

fight the right battles and a teleprompter is not really it

Original_Intent
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
What I found odd was that the television cameras were positioned to show the teleprompters - sure they all use them, but usually the cameras are angled to leave them out of frame.

I am not voting McCain regardless, but I do see this as more media manipulation (i.e. make her look insincere or that she is being fed lines). That's just my gut feeling.

austinchick
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
What I found odd was that the television cameras were positioned to show the teleprompters - sure they all use them, but usually the cameras are angled to leave them out of frame.

I am not voting McCain regardless, but I do see this as more media manipulation (i.e. make her look insincere or that she is being fed lines). That's just my gut feeling.

last night, cameras zoomed on yawning old men and women chewing food....

RSLudlum
09-03-2008, 10:20 PM
that she is being fed lines

The entire speech is a 'fed line' (pun intended). Bush speechwriter Matthew Scully had alot to do with the speech.

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 10:24 PM
It's not a big deal. Before they existed, people used notecards, and I've seen Ron Paul use those.

Flame away, but she gave a great speech. Obama should be freaking glad she's not running for President.

This whole thing reminds me of the Charles and Diana stuff. He was royalty, but she upstaged his stodgy butt without even really trying to.

Did you see McCain come out and horn in on her spotlight? This could get freaking ugly.

Someone gave me a cyberhug today so i would like to give you one now, Great Post Angela ;)

yongrel
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
99% of political speeches delivered for a TV audience have the teleprompters.

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Wore you watching CNN? They have chewed her to pieces the past few days, They are sleeping with Obama, the attacks on Palin by the CNN commentators are disgusting, reminds me of Anderson Pooper vs. Ron Paul :mad:

I was kinda glad she attacked back the MSM and funny thing is CNN actually was careful to say anything negative now, and actually praising what a great speech it was... :rolleyes:

libertarian4321
09-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Palin was just reading a teleprompter like a trained monkey- thats what most politicians do.

Ron Paul, however, did NOT use a teleprompter at the rally.