PDA

View Full Version : Good God! She's praising Harry Truman

max
09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Long story....but Truman was one of biggest scumbags to hold office....fried 200,000 innocent jap civilians with an unecessary A-Bombs

James Madison
09-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Long story....but Truman was one of biggest scumbags to hold office....fried 200,000 innocent jap civilians with an unecessary A-Bombs

Totally agree. Don't forget about the UN, Korean War, and illegal removal of Gen. MacArthur. The bastard went to war unconstitutionally without congressional approval, killing thousands of Americans and millions of Koreans in the process. He was a tyrant, and 1000x more deserving of impeachment than Bush or Clinton was.

powerofreason
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Truman was an absolute tyrant. Top 3 for worst presidents in history.

James Madison
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Truman was an absolute tyrant. Top 3 for worst presidents in history.

I don't know if I'd say top 3...probably Lincoln, Wilson, and LBJ would be the three worst, at least in my opinion.

max
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know if I'd say top 3...probably Lincoln, Wilson, and LBJ would be the three worst, at least in my opinion.

fdr has to be in top 3 ...but with so many qualified nominees...picking the biggest scumbag president is a debate we can have all day

powerofreason
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM

Hmm. So many terrible presidents. FDR essentially killed the Constitution and permanently changed the role of government in America, so I'd say he's top 3. Fucked up our money too. Lincoln top 3 for sure.

James Madison
fdr has to be in top 3 ...but with so many qualified nominees...picking the biggest scumbag president is a debate we can have all day

Completely forgot about FDR...painfull memories I try to block out of my head. Yeah, he'd definitely be in there.

SteveB-NY

Hiroshima and Nagasaki would not have been necessary except for Pearl Harbor and the Battan Death March.

And her "praise of Truman" was in the context of a quote about small town virtues.

Have to agree about the one of the five worst ever though.

max
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Hiroshima and Nagasaki would not have been necessary except for Pearl Harbor and the Battan Death March.

And her "praise of Truman" was in the context of a quote about small town virtues.

Have to agree about the one of the five worst ever though.

Pearl harbor was a justified attack on a MILITARY target...it came after months of blatant FDR provokation.....check out John Toland's epic Infamy

Jeremy
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
ohhhh wow O_o

truman should be hated by anyone who knows history

Fozz
07-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Bottom three would be Wilson, FDR, and Harry Truman.

coyote_sprit
07-08-2009, 02:29 AM
In Missouri people worship the ground he walks on. My congressman(Skelton) for instance lists Truman his biggest influence which really says a lot about that fucknut.

Aratus
07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
In Missouri people worship the ground he walks on. My congressman(Skelton) for instance lists Truman his biggest influence which really says a lot about that fucknut.

harry s. truman ironically enough was an efficiency expert during ww2 and his committee found a proverbial ton of waste and payola that
he decried! he also inspired claude rains to new acting heights when he played opposite jimmy stewart in "mr smith goes to washington"

Aratus
07-08-2009, 09:00 AM
i can praise both harry s. truman and andrew johnson... at times. hubert h. humphrey in 1948 made a 15 minute speech...
harry truman & andy johnson did not side with sec' stanton in terms of the powers of a sitting potus and any sec. of defense...
macarthur had five stars. he also literally had 50 nukes under him when on the korean peninsula. h.s truman in '51 seyz "no go"...

Brian Defferding
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
My personal Top 3 worst of the 20th century is Wilson, FDR and LBJ.

Dreamofunity
07-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Who is praising him?

acptulsa
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Who is praising him?

Yeah. All we know is it was a woman. Any woman, like any dandy, could well go for a haberdasher, at least if these guys are to be believed...

YouTube - ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EFdod4YDo)

Rangeley
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Im feeling like this topic is missing some important context.

Young Paleocon
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Don't forget the "Fair Deal", the Marshall Plan, and trying to nationalize the steel industry.