PDA

View Full Version : OK, will you work with me on this?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-03-2008, 07:09 PM
In another thread we tossed around an idea to create something...

Right... I think we need something like a party that is not really a party. Something anyone can be a part of without feeling like they are leaving their party to offer support to another. Am I making sense? Some kind of real membership, a real PAC, but crossing all party lines with only one focus, the promotion of Liberty-minded candidates. Is there anything like this already? If not, let's start it!

Let's keep this thread alive an pumping with fresh ideas. Let's either find an existing group that has some structure that would be friendly to letting the grassroots inject life and passion into it, or let's get some smart volunteers that will work to make this happen. I'll edit this OP as needed.

So first, does anyone know of any groups like this??

WHY? Because I believe our job has not just wound up, but merely begun. We need more then C4L, we need the grassroots with a combined voice. Yes, I know some anarchists will hate this idea because it smells of collectivism. W/E... If you don't like collectivism, what are you doing here?? :)

nate895
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know of any. I was actually planning on doing this earlier, but the lack of information as far as banking goes for these things really prevented it.

nate895
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Bump

We need to get something like this going.

UtahApocalypse
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah I know something exactly like this.......

www.campaignforliberty.com

angelatc
09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
The Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) isn't exactly ripe for taking over per se, but they are pretty friendly. And they're pretty active in these parts. The Illinois gang is run by 4 neocons, but somebody with minimal organizational skills could start a "real" chapter and ditch them pretty easily.

nate895
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah I know something exactly like this.......

www.campaignforliberty.com

The CFL is not a PAC and cannot endorse candidates.

Jeremy
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
c4l

Jeremy
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
The CFL is not a PAC and cannot endorse candidates.

thats where rp's Liberty PAC takes over

nate895
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
thats where rp's Liberty PAC takes over

The $20,000 that hasn't been spent on anything but his daughter's paycheck?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
CFL is out of the question for SO MANY reasons. We need something truly grassroots.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I guess not many are serious? Or are we just distracted by the vote and Palin?

AJ Antimony
09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Grassroots for Liberty

RonPaulVolunteer
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Grassroots for Liberty

A name suggestion. A good start. Though I am hoping there's something already going that will welcome us and let us expand it. I hate it how everyone here with an idea has to own it and control it. This was my idea, but others have had it too, and I want others to be a part of it, or be a part of something that already was started by someone and is being ignored because everyone else didn't start it. Make sense :) Sort of like how we end up with 10 threads all about the same thing because people like the thread to have been started by them. Because you know, they're special.

I do think we need a name that sound very patriotic though. We need to capture the heart of the average American.

Something like: American's for Liberty or the like...

BeingJohnGalt
09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I urge all LIBERTY-minded Individuals to check us out.
www.freedomforceinternational.org

If We want to turn this around and take back our country, we need power.
Join us today!

Thank you,
Antony Reed
Minnesota

"Imponentes defendere libertatem non possunt"
MEANING: "Those without power cannot defend liberty"
- G. Edward Griffin

RonPaulVolunteer
09-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I urge all LIBERTY-minded Individuals to check us out.
www.freedomforceinternational.org

If We want to turn this around and take back our country, we need power.
Join us today!

Thank you,
Antony Reed
Minnesota

"Imponentes defendere libertatem non possunt"
MEANING: "Those without power cannot defend liberty"
- G. Edward Griffin

Sort of wish you didn't have the word force in your name.

Jamsie 567
09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
We are all to much on the same page HAHA. I was just thinking of the word liberty pac and thinking aobut something where we all vote to support one candidate. They want to divide us that is the bottom line. People should pledge to an oath and even if their hopeful candidates loses they should vote for the winner of the pact. This makes total sense to me for so many reason. This is how we can take down McCain and potentially give a 3rd party candidate a real good boost if they win the pac.

We can make a website explain the honest position on each candidate.

On the eve of the election we hold an online election. Who ever wins gets the votes from the pac.

Barr will not unite us, nor will baldwinn or Obama. Only Ron Paul could do that if we want to stay together that will make us more powerfull

RonPaulVolunteer
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM
We are all to much on the same page HAHA. I was just thinking of the word liberty pac and thinking aobut something where we all vote to support one candidate. They want to divide us that is the bottom line. People should pledge to an oath and even if their hopeful candidates loses they should vote for the winner of the pact. This makes total sense to me for so many reason. This is how we can take down McCain and potentially give a 3rd party candidate a real good boost if they win the pac.

We can make a website explain the honest position on each candidate.

On the eve of the election we hold an online election. Who ever wins gets the votes from the pac.

Barr will not unite us, nor will baldwinn or Obama. Only Ron Paul could do that if we want to stay together that will make us more powerfull

Well let's put out heads together. Because of my activities in the movement I know lots of "famous" people that would be able to help us promote this. I'm going to put in some calls and emails today and see what responses I get.