PDA

View Full Version : Posse Comitatus cancelled with Duncan Hunter's help

Thomas Jefferson
09-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I had never heard about this until now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

In early 2006, the 109th Congress passed a controversial bill which grants the President the right to commandeer Federal or even State National Guard Troops and use them inside the United States. This bill, entitled the John Warner Defense Appropriation Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122.ENR), contains a provision, (Section 1076) which allows the President to:

“...employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to...

restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States..., where the President determines that,...domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy...” [3] Senator Patrick Leahy and others have condemned Section 1076 because it effectively nullifies the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C. 331-335) and gives the President the legal ability to define under what conditions martial law may be declared. [4]

And guess WHO introduced the first draft of the bill...

Note: H.R.5122 was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives on April 6, 2006, as H.R.5122 by Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA).

WannaBfree
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
They have been using the military for non-military purposes recently and it has been freaking people out. I'll see if I can find some video footage of it (but probably not today). I also have it from an inside source that they are going to be used soon at airports "to get people used to having the military around".

Here is a good documentary on this subject. For those who do not believe anything Alex Jones has to say, seeing is believing and there is a lot of footage of the military carrying out exercises in residential areas.

Police State 2000 Martial Law Posse Comitatus (2 hours)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1551348336255792191

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Hunter also sponsored the Military Commissions Act.