PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson

Indy4Chng
09-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Did anyone see Gary Johnson's speach. Was anyone else as impressed as I was? This guy is great!!! A libertarian... elected in a democratic state twice... yet a republican. No offense to Jesse but I wish this guy would run in 2012.... he is the guy who should take the reigns from Ron Paul and move the movement forward over the next couple decades.

Knightskye
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Did anyone see Gary Johnson's speach. Was anyone else as impressed as I was? This guy is great!!! A libertarian... elected in a democratic state twice... yet a republican. No offense to Jesse but I wish this guy would run in 2012.... he is the guy who should take the reigns from Ron Paul and move the movement forward over the next couple decades.

"President Johnson."

I'm sure some people would cringe if they heard that.

Indy4Chng
09-03-2008, 12:58 PM
"President Johnson."

I'm sure some people would cringe if they heard that.

I hope you are referring to "Lyndon" right? :D:D

Knightskye
09-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I hope you are referring to "Lyndon" right? :D:D

I don't know of any others. ;)

gls
09-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah I like Gary Johnson too...he will be speaking at the 2008 RLC National Convention (http://www.republicanlibertycaucus.org/NatCon08/) as well so hopefully he is planning to stay involved with the movement/contemplating a future run.

Rangeley
09-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I would prefer him over Ventura, but its still really early at this point. I would be interested to see what he does between now and then - hopefully he stays involved.

Indy4Chng
09-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I would prefer him over Ventura, but its still really early at this point. I would be interested to see what he does between now and then - hopefully he stays involved.

I just love what he accomplished... for eight years he stuck to his guns and was popular.... this guy is a rock star!!! I think I had a hard on after the speach.... self-made in business what is not to like. :D

I have never been so impressed when I heard someone speak, not named "Ron Paul" and he was just as impressive to me. Plus he has the intangibles to actually win... governor for eight years... republican and camera friendly... please Gary please!!!

BarryDonegan
09-03-2008, 01:37 PM
either him or ventura would be good to me, i think ventura would be a little more MSM smear proof, due to his current popularity.

jonathans
09-03-2008, 01:40 PM
my dvr took a hiccup and i missed his whole speech.
I wish someone would post his speech on youtube. :)

RedLightning
09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I know it's still early but I'd like to see Gary Johnson to run in 2012.

itshappening
09-03-2008, 01:43 PM
he also said he's been "frozen out" since he left office (by the Republicans?) would he run ? I hope so, he is a fatanstic candidate

how would he do in Iowa and New Hampshire?

bojo68
09-03-2008, 01:43 PM
For me, Johnson has Ventura beat pretty solidly on just personality alone. Ventura has a ME, ME, ME streak that implys an ego size that would dwarf the state of Alaska, whereas Johnson simply seems to have a brain and use it.....:)

nate895
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
How does one start a draft movement?

mrchubbs
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
For me, Johnson has Ventura beat pretty solidly on just personality alone. Ventura has a ME, ME, ME streak that implys an ego size that would dwarf the state of Alaska, whereas Johnson simply seems to have a brain and use it.....:)

Then again Johnson's entire speech was all me me me, since all he did was talk about his own accomplishments.

I didn't mind it though. In fact, I came away thinking THIS is the guy for 2012.

nate895
09-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Then again Johnson's entire speech was all me me me, since all he did was talk about his own accomplishments.

I didn't mind it though. In fact, I came away thinking THIS is the guy for 2012.

He talked about the ridiculousness of the laws sent to him from the New Mexican legislature, and how vetoed them, it wasn't really about "him," as it was about his politics. Ventura talked him as in how he is as a person, independent of politics. Using your service in the military as a reason why you can say something, instead of giving a legitimate reason, is talking about you. Gary Johnson barely talked about him as a person, if he did at all.

cswake
09-03-2008, 02:59 PM
He did talk about his personal successes in business and athletics.

nate895
09-03-2008, 03:02 PM
He did talk about his personal successes in business and athletics.

I remember a little, not as much as Ventura though. We know both have humongous egos. Jesse Ventura expresses it by growing hair to his shoulders, living in Mexico and then acts like a sarcastic ass on TV. Gary Johnson expressed it when he ran for Governor as an unknown businessman.

Imperial
09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
There was also an Andrew Johnson in the past, Abe Lincoln's successor. He was a political nobody, and was one vote away from being impeached by the Radical Republicans, who felt he was too lenient with the former Confederacy.

I would want to see a Johnson/Ventura ticket, but I don't think it will happen. I think Ventura would be the type who would say president or nothing. But I hope not.

I think the best thing is Johnson in the Republican primaries, and then we will figure out where to go from there.

nate895
09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I think the best thing is Johnson in the Republican primaries, and then we will figure out where to go from there.

I hope we don't have to figure anything out.

slacker921
09-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Johnson running as a Republican and Ventura running Independent would be pretty fine..

Flash
09-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Does anyone have the Gary Johnson speech anywheres? It would be great if we could put it up on Youtube and Digg it.

Chiznaddy
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I was not impressed with Johnson's speech at all. I thought it was monotonous and self-congratulating. No philosophy. No charisma.

Just my take. He was no Ron Paul to me.

nate895
09-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I was not impressed with Johnson's speech at all. I thought it was monotonous and self-congratulating. No philosophy. No charisma.

Just my take. He was no Ron Paul to me.

He had just the dry sense of humor I like. It's the same thing that makes me like Bob Barr.

dannno
09-03-2008, 05:57 PM
About 10 years ago I was in high school and I wrote a letter to Gary Johnson thanking him for sticking up for freedom and his libertarian views as governor.

I received a hand-written letter back from him.

My parents got the letter first and were very confused as to why I'd be writing the governor of New Mexico.

Imperial
09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
About 10 years ago I was in high school and I wrote a letter to Gary Johnson thanking him for sticking up for freedom and his libertarian views as governor.

I received a hand-written letter back from him.

My parents got the letter first and were very confused as to why I'd be writing the governor of New Mexico.

That is what I like. There isn't any hidden agenda. Here, we can have a man of principle like we did with Ron Paul. Now, I don't expect an RP clone, but I do see a principled conservative. Couple it with a more outgoing VP and it would be great.

The thing I like about Johnson is I don't see the real smears you can pull on him.

That is awesome.

Conza88
09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
If someone hasn't put it up by the time I get home in several hours, I'm going to go on some kind of insane hunt and try get er done.

But yeah he was epic. How can you NOT like his speech? It was ALL about how LIBERTY PREVAILED!

Wtf is wrong with you? lol. :eek:

surf
09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Rep Johnson in 2010 or Senator Johnson 2012? even if, as he infers, the Rs in NM and nationally have disowned him, we can help him out. he's apparently well-liked in his NM....