PDA

View Full Version : When will the new, fully functional C4L site be released?

MRoCkEd
09-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know?

Sally08
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know?

After all of the major activities this past several days, do we have any more information than we did on Friday about the CFL mission, org chart, planned activities, the non-Beta site, a proposed CFL forum, ...?:confused:

Even the "live video" block is still on the home page of the CFL site-

Deborah K
09-03-2008, 12:00 PM
After all of the major activities this past several days, do we have any more information than we did on Friday about the CFL mission, org chart, planned activities, the non-Beta site, a proposed CFL forum, ...?:confused:

Even the "live video" block is still on the home page of the CFL site-

+1

What is the mission?? I have been patiently waiting. I want to see some real action coming out of this and if I don't see some really soon, I'm cancelling my membership and going my own way - again!

MRoCkEd
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
hmm
I'm guessing they are working at getting it up and will make a big announcement about it.

Mahkato
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I heard "October 1" mentioned, but I don't know if that's when everything will be released, or if things will be released before that and October 1 was just for the precinct leader program, or what.

Don't give up yet, people. The CFL staff has obviously been very busy planning an enormous event; give them a few days to rest at least.

jkr
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
we all need a common rally point

Deborah K
09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I heard "October 1" mentioned, but I don't know if that's when everything will be released, or if things will be released before that and October 1 was just for the precinct leader program, or what.

Don't give up yet, people. The CFL staff has obviously been very busy planning an enormous event; give them a few days to rest at least.

Yeah? Well I heard over and over again that the mission was to be announced and projects introduced at the rally. The rally would have been the perfect place to do it.

constituent
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM

you not worn out on that excuse from the same folks, over and over and over and over yet?

LittleLightShining
09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
hmm
I'm guessing they are working at getting it up and will make a big announcement about it.I thought the rally was supposed to be the launching point for the CFL :confused:

ShowMeLiberty
09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I thought the rally was supposed to be the launching point for the CFL :confused:

Me three.

CasualApathy
09-03-2008, 12:34 PM
RE-EDIT:

Did you people watch a different rally?!

I think Ron Paul was very clear in his speech regarding the future of this movement. Are you expecting the CFL to give us all individual marching orders?

Chiznaddy
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I believe the site will come out in two phases. The first should be in the next few days or so.

I think you will all be very pleased with the site. It has a ton of features, user tools, and interactive stuff that can bring all parts of this movement together in an awesome way. So, be excited and ready!

One thing I would recommend is liberty related articles, videos, even studies and reports (or even self-produced articles) to the contact at CFL website. Leave a user name or real name and you may get published if you have good content.

I know there is no reason for you to believe I know any of this information, so, take it on faith or don't :)

constituent
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
One thing I would recommend is liberty related articles, videos, even studies and reports (or even self-produced articles) to the contact at CFL website. Leave a user name or real name and you may get published if you have good content.

what's the going rate?

LibertyEagle
09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know?

Hopefully, very, very soon.

ShowMeLiberty
I believe the site will come out in two phases. The first should be in the next few days or so.

I think you will all be very pleased with the site. It has a ton of features, user tools, and interactive stuff that can bring all parts of this movement together in an awesome way. So, be excited and ready!

I know there is no reason for you to believe I know any of this information, so, take it on faith or don't :)

Thanks for the info. :)

Chiznaddy
what's the going rate?

As of now, there is none. I am also not authorized to suggest when and if there ever will be. But for now, to get the site going and to be full of content for the CFL movement, I know they can use all the help with respect to content that they can get.

Deborah K
Did you people watch a different rally?!

I think Ron Paul was very clear in his speech regarding the future of this movement. Are you expecting the CFL to give us all individual marching orders?

This isn't about marching orders. What specifically did he say that indicated what the plan was? Can't have a movement without a plan, if we're all to be on the same page.

What projects are in the works? Will there be workshops for future candidates, campaign managers and the like? Will there be more demonstrations? Organized citizen lobbying of Congress? Downloadable pamphlets that we can easily print/copy and distribute to the sleeping? Where are the ideas, the projects, the plans? It's a very fair question!

LibertyEagle
09-03-2008, 12:42 PM
tcan't have a movement without a plan, if we're all to be on the same page.

amen.

MRoCkEd
09-03-2008, 12:43 PM

Sounds good, and I really hope it does come within a few days.

constituent
09-03-2008, 12:45 PM
As of now, there is none. I am also not authorized to suggest when and if there ever will be.

oh goodness.

CasualApathy
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
This isn't about marching orders. What specifically did he say that indicated what the plan was? Can't have a movement without a plan, if we're all to be on the same page.

What projects are in the works? Will there be workshops for future candidates, campaign managers and the like? Will there be more demonstrations? Organized citizen lobbying of Congress? Downloadable pamphlets that we can easily print/copy and distribute to the sleeping? Where are the ideas, the projects, the plans? It's a very fair question!

You need to watch the rally again, those questions were answered. The CFL will work to support succesful local activists with the goal of eventually organizing a CFL chapter in every state. It will work by individuals working on their own to get elected to positions of influence in their local community and then when they have proven themselves successful the CFL will step in and help them out. Thats a broad outline, if you want to know more watch the rally again and pay attention and read the live-blogging from the Real politics Training School and the Leadership Summit. I could do it for you, but i don't feel like it :p

Sally08
09-03-2008, 01:12 PM
You need to watch the rally again, those questions were answered. The CFL will work to support succesful local activists with the goal of eventually organizing a CFL chapter in every state. It will work by individuals working on their own to get elected to positions of influence in their local community and then when they have proven themselves successful the CFL will step in and help them out. Thats a broad outline, if you want to know more watch the rally again and pay attention and read the live-blogging from the Real politics Training School and the Leadership Summit. I could do it for you, but i don't feel like it :p

Actually, there was the equivalent of "live blogging" on RPFs threads, as well. I could do it for you, but don't feel like it:rolleyes:

FTR, it's not a good indication when threads discussing CFL are being moved to Hot Topics and Vent, particularly the membership dues threads. Make sure to login, so you can see those (or try the "New Posts" tab option)

Major discussions since mid-June have discussed whether or not CFL can legally "support" (financially) local activists and what the ramications of the selected legal entity for CFL are for many of the projects "mentioned".

Given the radically different needs at state and local levels, shouldn't people donate at the local level vs. a "federal" level?

Joseph Hart
09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
At the leadership Summit CFL announced in the very near future. I would assume its release will be in 2 weeks.

MRoCkEd
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
At the leadership Summit CFL announced in the very near future. I would assume its release will be in 2 weeks.
I hope it's sooner, but I'm excited for it

Deborah K
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
. I could do it for you, but i don't feel like it :p

I wouldn't presume to ask for help from such a snotty person. :p I don't have the time or the desire to watch the rally again. I'll take your word that the C4L intends to set up chapters to support already proven activists and elected candidates - vague though that is. It still doesn't look sound like a plan to me. I was hoping for strategies, projects, stuff like that, not vague intentions.

Where's the beef?

Deborah K
09-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Given the radically different needs at state and local levels, shouldn't people donate at the local level vs. a "federal" level?

You know, I heard RP say that C4L was a PAC. That bothered me.....

nullvalu
09-03-2008, 02:11 PM
You know, I heard RP say that C4L was a PAC. That bothered me.....

I believe that is to be part of the C4L, but that's not all it is. Like the RLC.. they have a PAC. But that's not all they do.

What's wrong with helping C4L Candidates monetarily?

Sally08
09-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I believe that is to be part of the C4L, but that's not all it is. Like the RLC.. they have a PAC. But that's not all they do.

What's wrong with helping C4L Candidates monetarily?

I have no clue as to how donations may be legally used.

However, has CFL helped a single candidate monetarily *right now with elections imminent*?

If not, is the intention to wait until the 2010 cycle?

nullvalu
09-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I have no clue as to how donations may be legally used.

However, has CFL helped a single candidate monetarily *right now with elections imminent*?

If not, is the intention to wait until the 2010 cycle?

I don't think they have helped any candidates monetarily yet. A PAC (legally) must act as a separate entity from the C4L, so I'm sure all that requires paperwork and timing. I have no idea if they're be ready for this election cycle.

I sure hope so, we've got a great guy, (Bill Johnson (http://johnson19.com)) here in Indiana running for state rep who could use a little extra money. We do have a great team here of dedicated freedom fighters working for to get him elected. So, we have a huge advantage there over our opponent.

Sally08
09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't think they have helped any candidates monetarily yet. A PAC (legally) must act as a separate entity from the C4L, so I'm sure all that requires paperwork and timing. I have no idea if they're be ready for this election cycle.

I sure hope so, we've got a great guy, (Bill Johnson (http://johnson19.com)) here in Indiana running for state rep who could use a little extra money. We do have a great team here of dedicated freedom fighters working for to get him elected. So, we have a huge advantage there over our opponent.

I get so confused with all these political organization structures vs. C/S corporate structures:confused:

A year ago I created a corporation in 10 days or less. CFL has had since mid-June, almost 3 months ago, when it was *announced*. I would hope that some sort of planning had been going on prior to that announcement:rolleyes:

At a high level I understand PAC limitations that it must be separate from CFL (has that organization even specified whether it prefers C4L or CFL??). That seemed to be the rationale for keeping grassroots efforts separate from HQ.

However, how can/cannot the $3.5 million in HQ donations be transferred to a newly formed PAC? And if those monies aren't being used to fund local candidates, then what are they being used for (beyond the $1 million for the Rally?)

And will there ever be any accountability for the usage of those funds, without FEC requirements to do so?

I wish I could get in a work line for some of those spare funds:D