View Full Version : Jesse Ventura's opinion on the Ron Paul rally

FrankRep
09-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Jesse Ventura's opinion on the Ron Paul rally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5AyPQvF-g

Ventura 2012!

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 07:18 AM
For those on a low broadband connection, can you please summarize it?

Bruno
09-03-2008, 07:56 AM
For those on a low broadband connection, can you please summarize it?

Paraphrasing:

"Hopefully in 2012 we will have a third party candidate to choose from. I'm honored that Dr. Paul would consider me to speak. Hopefully this movement will continue and it won't be about Jesse Ventura or Ron Paul, it will be about the movement to restore our country. Blah, blah, I want to surf.... Not voting for Obama or McCain, that's for sure. With Obama the only change I'm gonna see is my taxes go up"

specsaregood
09-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Paraphrasing:

"Hopefully in 2012 we will have a third party candidate to choose from. I'm honored that Dr. Paul would consider me to speak. Hopefully this movement will continue and it won't be about Jesse Ventura or Ron Paul, it will be about the movement to restore our country. Blah, blah, I want to surf.... Not voting for Obama or McCain, that's for sure. With Obama the only change I'm gonna see is my taxes go up"

I found it funny that he said he quit the Ross Perot campaign when he discovered it was all about "ross perot" but at the same time his speech and in that interview there seemed to be an awful lot of him promoting himself.

ClayTrainor
09-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Ventura is the man!

gls
09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
"I wrote a book called 'Don't start the Revolution without me'. Well I'm here."

"Now excuse me while I go live off the grid in Mexico for the next four years. Don't bother me unless it's about another lucrative book deal."

specsaregood
09-03-2008, 08:07 AM
"I wrote a book called 'Don't start the Revolution without me'. Well I'm here."

"Now excuse me while I go live off the grid in Mexico for the next four years. Don't bother me unless it's about another lucrative book deal."

Yeah that about sums it up. I'm gonna go live in Mexico, but if YOU stay here and work for it, I might just reward you by coming back and running for president and take advantage of all your hardwork. Sounds kinda selfish to me. I'd rather vote for a candidate that stayed around and took part in our hardwork.

FrankRep
09-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I found it funny that he said he quit the Ross Perot campaign when he discovered it was all about "ross perot" but at the same time his speech and in that interview there seemed to be an awful lot of him promoting himself.

He said this movement isn't about Jesse Ventura and it's not about Ron Paul.

Omnis
09-03-2008, 09:39 AM

He was a professional wrestler. Promotion was his job.

fj45lvr
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM

conjures up images of male dogs fighting to be the Alpha dog.

Who knows. I won't argue with what he said in this interview though...great stuff even if it is shallow and "populist".

RedLightning
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah that about sums it up. I'm gonna go live in Mexico, but if YOU stay here and work for it, I might just reward you by coming back and running for president and take advantage of all your hardwork. Sounds kinda selfish to me. I'd rather vote for a candidate that stayed around and took part in our hardwork.

While I would most likely vote for him if he ran in 2012, I'd rather Gary Johnson run in the Republican Primarys.

Deborah K
09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Ventura didn't impress me at all. He did a lot of self promotion during his speech and he's definitely confused about the illegal immigration issue. That's sort of a litmus test for me. Anyone who lacks the understanding of what illegal immigration is doing to our country socially as well as economically, is off my list.

Michael Landon
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Ventura didn't impress me at all. He did a lot of self promotion during his speech and he's definitely confused about the illegal immigration issue. That's sort of a litmus test for me. Anyone who lacks the understanding of what illegal immigration is doing to our country socially as well as economically, is off my list.

Even Ron Paul stated that it isn't illegal immigration that is hurting our country but rather the welfare state that encourages illegal immigrants to continue coming into this country for all the services the government provides them. If we stop rewarding the illegal immigrants then they'll stop coming. Ron Paul isn't against immigration, he's against the welfare state. I believe he said in one of the debates that he feels that they are the scapegoats for the downturn in our economy.

Also, if you feel that Ventura is confused about the illegal immigration issue than it is our responsibilty to enlighten him on it. There is no sense in dismissing potentially good allies in our revolution because they may not be totally informed on all the issues, let us instead show them our side of view and hope they see things in a different light.

- ML

fj45lvr
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM

I think he has the opinion that maybe some were thinking the same thing back when the IRISH were pouring into the country or the term W.O.P. came into existance. I agree that the way to deal with the issue is END welfarism and arrest employers. I think then we could end up getting a "higher class" of immigrant that is eager to enhance the U.S. rather than drag it down.

newyearsrevolution08
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM

I thought it made sense actually. If we had no freebies we wouldn't need the great wall of the United States.

Get rid of the hand outs and get rid of the want to come over here for a hand out. What that will leave is immigrants who want an honest wage and to do things LEGALLY and those who want to commit crimes and live off the state can stay OUT and do that in their own countries BECAUSE we don't give hand outs anymore.

constitutional
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I thought it made sense actually. If we had no freebies we wouldn't need the great wall of the United States.

Get rid of the hand outs and get rid of the want to come over here for a hand out. What that will leave is immigrants who want an honest wage and to do things LEGALLY and those who want to commit crimes and live off the state can stay OUT and do that in their own countries BECAUSE we don't give hand outs anymore.

Heck a $1 translates a lot into Chinese money. A lot of illegal chinese here and they don't make use of welfare system. But they still work for $4,5 or 6 bringing down wages of other legal workers. How do you plan on stopping that?

Name few more welfare programs that immigrants use other than health care.

trapfive
09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Heck a $1 translates a lot into Chinese money. A lot of illegal chinese here and they don't make use of welfare system. But they still work for $4,5 or 6 bringing down wages of other legal workers. How do you plan on stopping that?

Name few more welfare programs that immigrants use other than health care.

Our government is hard at work to correct that problem.

As for welfare programs... Not solely about welfare programs. Public schools are not welfare programs but people pay taxes to fund them and they are struggling.

I work in the construction business, roofing to be exact, you know, one of those jobs only illegals will perform, haven't had a raise in wages since 2001.

I've got three kids attending Ohio State, make mortgage payments, truck payments etc.... To compete with illegal labor prices, which I could very easily, all I'd have to do is sell my truck bye an old junker, sell my house and rent some shithole, tell my kids to quit school and invite all my co workers to live with me in a two bedroom house. It's doable...wouldn't be pleasant...but doable.

tonesforjonesbones
09-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Jesse Ventura doesn't seem all that interested in public service. I do'nt see him as the candidate for 2012. tones

satchelmcqueen
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
i liked his speech.

constitutional
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Our government is hard at work to correct that problem.

As for welfare programs... Not solely about welfare programs. Public schools are not welfare programs but people pay taxes to fund them and they are struggling.

I work in the construction business, roofing to be exact, you know, one of those jobs only illegals will perform, haven't had a raise in wages since 2001.

I've got three kids attending Ohio State, make mortgage payments, truck payments etc.... To compete with illegal labor prices, which I could very easily, all I'd have to do is sell my truck bye an old junker, sell my house and rent some shithole, tell my kids to quit school and invite all my co workers to live with me in a two bedroom house. It's doable...wouldn't be pleasant...but doable.

So you like illegals stealing your wages?...