PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else cry?

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Did anyone else cry during the Rally?

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 02:48 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN1184e.jpg

Conza88
09-03-2008, 03:00 AM
That'd be a no. But I wasn't there... :( and for that reason I came close.. :p

But yeah, I have when I first discovered him.. and I woke up :D

RonPaulFever
09-03-2008, 03:16 AM
I got a little teary eyed seeing Ron on that stage, a 73-year-old man who has given his life for the cause of freedom, so obviously humbled by the outpouring of support; his life's work culminating right before my eyes. Epic.

SnappleLlama
09-03-2008, 06:11 AM
I was on the verge of tears when he mentioned Carol...I'm so glad she's doing better (and ordering him around, ha, ha!)!

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Of course I was on the floor 6 rows back from the podium so to say that the energy down there was "intense" is a bit of an understatement.

Conza88
09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Could you see?

Hahah jks :p

Bruno
09-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Didn't cry, but my wife did. Very emotional speech!

Great picture, Matt!

Could you see?

Hahah jks :p

ouch

Conza88
09-03-2008, 08:10 AM
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Thanks for your good work Matt. :)

Joe3113
09-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I cried when I found out there was no bananas. :(

http://www.funbumperstickers.com/images/Simpsons_Homer_crying.gifhttp://slash7.com/assets/2007/1/23/banana_peel_sm.jpg

SamuraisWisdom
09-03-2008, 08:40 AM
I got a little teary eyed seeing Ron on that stage, a 73-year-old man who has given his life for the cause of freedom, so obviously humbled by the outpouring of support; his life's work culminating right before my eyes. Epic.

This

Meatwasp
09-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I cried because I wasn't there.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
nt

JosephTheLibertarian
09-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Did anyone else cry during the Rally?

No. But I also didn't watch it, so that could be why.

Badger Paul
09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Towards then end when talked about the World War I Christmas truce and how the powers that be forced the soldiers of two Christian nations celebrating our Savior's birth to slaughter each other, I thought about how that exact same situation is happening today in the Caucuses and I got misty-eyed, it was the best part of his speech.

Actually I thought RP was better at the picnic in Blaine Monday. Best speech I heard from him by far.

Nirvikalpa
09-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Towards then end when talked about the World War I Christmas truce and how the powers that be forced the soldiers of two Christian nations celebrating our Savior's birth to slaughter each other, I thought about how that exact same situation is happening today in the Caucuses and I got misty-eyed, it was the best part of his speech.

That got to me a lot. :(

JosephTheLibertarian
09-03-2008, 09:22 AM
God, where are you? Hello??

:D

'nuff said

Truth Warrior
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
My eyes watered up a bit, a couple of times. Some of it was pretty poignant and overwhelming.<IMHO>

maqsur
09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Didn't cry, but I felt emotions as he discussed his wife, and how he got to this point in his life.

I especially liked his discussion of the Universal Soldier, and how he had been one in his life. I agree with above about the WWI story, that was a really good one.

He is so humble, and I respect him a lot for that. What Tucker said about him in the intro was true, and I agree with those reasons for respecting him.

christagious
09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Of course I was on the floor 6 rows back from the podium so to say that the energy down there was "intense" is a bit of an understatement.

Had I been there I would have had some tears welling up. That kind of energy does that to me.

Chiznaddy
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I had the chills (good chills) pretty much the whole time...and I was just watching it on TV

Couldn't help smiling to see how happy Ron Paul was on the stage.

thehighwaymanq
09-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I had the chills (good chills) pretty much the whole time...and I was just watching it on TV

Couldn't help smiling to see how happy Ron Paul was on the stage.

Exactly how i felt.

barbz
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Look at where we started and where we are now. We have come a long way and the view to the horizon is clear. I was watching the coverage on CSPAN2 yesterday and my 8 year old grandson came into the room. He said, "Hey look nana, our people are on tv!" I'm not sure why, but that's the part where I cried. I'm so proud and excited to be a part of this and to be associated with everyone else who is.

GunnyFreedom
09-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I did. Well, teared up anyway. Kokesh asked veterans to stand up, he said that these guys standing would be the leadership when/if it came to taking up arms. Then, he said, "and who among you will stand with them?"

And then the whole damn Target center stood up and cheered.

Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit it. I leaked. :)

fj45lvr
09-03-2008, 11:36 AM
the toughest part was seeing images of Kent Snyders life flashing on the screen. It underscored how our plans for the future don't always turn out how we thought they would and life is fleeting and short.

TruthisTreason
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
It took everything I had to hold them back. One or two tears may have slipped by. But, I assure you they were tears of passion and joy! I'm ready to take over my county!!! LOL!:cool:

JRegs85
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I did. Well, teared up anyway. Kokesh asked veterans to stand up, he said that these guys standing would be the leadership when/if it came to taking up arms. Then, he said, "and who among you will stand with them?"

That was my moment too.

I think I noticed that Ron Paul almost teared up when he walked on stage, before his speech began. I think he was overwhelmed by the vocal enthusiasm in his support.

SweetMona
09-03-2008, 12:16 PM
There were many different emotions I had experienced, happy, exciting, surprising, sad, proud, you name it all...

But there's one part where they show a video of veterans, military men and women who go through a confusion. Wondering if they do comply the US Constitution from doing what the 8 years dictator wants them to. They go through a very serious loss of everything, their jobs, families, mental health. I cannot stand the image of their disconnection from their own children. It hurts me very much!

We need them home now, take a good care of them and by the time they recover, let them defy our only one country!

GunnyFreedom
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
That was my moment too.

I think I noticed that Ron Paul almost teared up when he walked on stage, before his speech began. I think he was overwhelmed by the vocal enthusiasm in his support.

I'm still getting chills thinking about it. Not only am I not alone, not only are there others who want to restore the Constitutional Republic, but there are even others who will also stand and die to defend the Republic...but...but...

ELEVEN THOUSAND people stood up in a pledge to stand with us if/when it comes to that point.

Jamsie 567
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I would say when Ron Paul said for the 3rd it okay to say end the FED now. I got a little taken back but I didn't get emotional. I never yelled so loud in my life it hit a fervor pitch.

georgiaboy
09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I choked up at the end of Ron's speech. I realized what a defining moment this was for him as he looked back over his decades of service to the republic. I noticed several times in his speech it was as if he was passing on his wisdom in a very personal, heartfelt way, as a grandfather would to a beloved grandchild about to take on the world. There were also moments during the speech when he just stood there, allowing the chanting, the applause to come, and I believe he was just soaking it all in, maybe thinking to himself, "Yep, it's all been worth it". When the speech was over and he started shaking hands with the throngs, with no handlers getting in the way, no barricades or bouncers, I felt as if he wanted to just stay there all night. I half expected him to drop down off the stage and make his way through the crowd to receive each and every handshake, pat on the back, kind word, and hug. It was bittersweet, it was poignant.

Geesh, the lump in my throat is back.

Thank you, Ron Paul. You've proven it can be done, even in this cynical, lost world. Grace, humility, passion, truth, principle, love.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

newyearsrevolution08
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Everytime I watch that animation of him I have to hold back tears to be honest. Right when the water starts coming down and you see all of the ron paul troops marching.

Ron Paul puts emotion in politics that no one can ever do or has never done before. I think the rally energized many and hope it will grow daily. I think as the election closes and we can get passed this one election things will really start picking up.

We can finally not focus on the "hope" in ron paul being president and focus more on what needs to be done in our near and distant future for America as a whole as well as state by state and city by city.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-03-2008, 01:10 PM
http://gravybread.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/crying-indian_fullhead80p.jpg

Alex Libman
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
A prostitute I used to frequent cried when I told her I've donated my fun money to Ron Paul instead. ;)

afmatt
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Yes.

riviera1992
09-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I didn't cry, I just have loose tear ducks.

Conza88
09-03-2008, 06:06 PM
A prostitute I used to frequent cried when I told her I've donated my fun money to Ron Paul instead. ;)

Hahahaha!! I appreciate your use of subjective value. ;)

JohnMeridith
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
being a 31 yr old man, I would not admit if i tear up a little when I hear Ron speak, you would have to catch me doing it and no one did at the rally :D

RockEnds
09-03-2008, 06:34 PM

I woke my daughter when Kokesh asked that question. I'd been trying to get her to take a nap all day. She'd finally fallen asleep, but I couldn't help it. I stood up. Her little doll flew away, and she woke up. I was really impressed with Kokesh. The whole rally was awesome.

I didn't cry at the rally, but I did chant alot. Alot.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Yeah me too, I could see it in his face :)

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
the toughest part was seeing images of Kent Snyders life flashing on the screen. Unfortunately I was out of the room during that part but I could hear some of it over the PA

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I think I noticed that Ron Paul almost teared up when he walked on stage, before his speech began. I think he was overwhelmed by the vocal enthusiasm in his support.I didn't catch that. But I did notice he was getting a little perturbed at the fact that we wouldn't quit clapping and cheering him on ha ha. He really shuns applause and stardom and one can tell that he is genuine and sincere about it.

BarryDonegan
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
the universal soldier part about got me.

scotto2008
09-04-2008, 06:07 PM
If I weren't so loaded up with SSRI's I would have been a sobbing mess. As it was, I had waves of chills running up my spine all day long.

libertarian4321
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll admit I shed a tear or two when I saw the price of a beer at the Target Center!

Gin
09-04-2008, 11:50 PM
most certainly did. I was in front, close to the stage and it was so powerful. Never in my life have I felt so proud to be a part of something...Aimee Allen also got me to tear up when she said "I love each and every one of you....I really do" That was awesome.

I too thought RP was going to cry when he came out and we all cheered, the confetti flying. I bet he got a tear or two in his I. You could see in his eyes how proud and humbled he was...

I cried on the way home...so full of emotion, pride and anticipation of things to come as the Ron Paul Songs that were given out at the Celebration played. What a humbling experience for us all. One that we will never forget.

Matt Collins
09-05-2008, 07:11 AM
I'll admit I shed a tear or two when I saw the price of a beer at the Target Center!yeah really!

I bought a hot dog, french fries (which sucked) and two bottles of water... $15:eek: