PDA

View Full Version : WTPRN discussion for those that are listeners

pacelli
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok, since Ron Paul Revolution Radio was re-directed to the We the People Radio Network, I figured Ron Paul Grassroots Central would be an appropriate place to post this.

Michael Badnarik's show often mentions Ron Paul, and so does George Gordon on many of his previous broadcasts. Eric WhoRU promotes Ron Paul at 1am is also a great show, a 74 year old guy who constantly talks about Ron Paul and Fundamental Basic Principles of Liberty.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with WTPRN playing re-plays of other shows during George Gordon's 6a/7a show "The Law Hour"? I've noticed the George Gordon archive on the site is not working but other shows are. I've emailed and called the WTPRN business office twice now and have still not gotten any answers or responses.

Does anyone know anything? These are great shows to continue the revolution.

lynnf
09-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Ok, since Ron Paul Revolution Radio was re-directed to the We the People Radio Network, I figured Ron Paul Grassroots Central would be an appropriate place to post this.

Michael Badnarik's show often mentions Ron Paul, and so does George Gordon on many of his previous broadcasts. Eric WhoRU promotes Ron Paul at 1am is also a great show, a 74 year old guy who constantly talks about Ron Paul and Fundamental Basic Principles of Liberty.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with WTPRN playing re-plays of other shows during George Gordon's 6a/7a show "The Law Hour"? I've noticed the George Gordon archive on the site is not working but other shows are. I've emailed and called the WTPRN business office twice now and have still not gotten any answers or responses.

Does anyone know anything? These are great shows to continue the revolution.

I know that there has been a sort-of shakeup at WTPRN recently. They used to play Alex Jones and Jack Blood's "Deadline Live" which are GCN "properties" but were apparently told by GCN that they can't play them anymore.

Alex Jones said on-air that he did mention to the GCN owner about WTPRN playing the programs and says the the owner said "yeah, I know" and after that the shows were yanked.

What that has to do with George Gordon, I don't know. I think that the Gordon show is paid for by Gordon, hence no other commercials during that show. But
I would think that the shake up might have produced some possible confusion at WTPRN which may have leaked over into the Gordon time slot since they had to scramble to replace the Jones and Blood slots with something else.

fwiw
lynn

pacelli
09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
I know that there has been a sort-of shakeup at WTPRN recently. They used to play Alex Jones and Jack Blood's "Deadline Live" which are GCN "properties" but were apparently told by GCN that they can't play them anymore.

Alex Jones said on-air that he did mention to the GCN owner about WTPRN playing the programs and says the the owner said "yeah, I know" and after that the shows were yanked.

What that has to do with George Gordon, I don't know. I think that the Gordon show is paid for by Gordon, hence no other commercials during that show. But
I would think that the shake up might have produced some possible confusion at WTPRN which may have leaked over into the Gordon time slot since they had to scramble to replace the Jones and Blood slots with something else.

fwiw
lynn

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, ever since that shake-up, things haven't been running as they were. Many of the shows on the schedule aren't actually playing at the time listed on the schedule, or are always playing re-runs of previous shows. Like today they're playing a Katherine Albrecht show from May. There just doesn't seem to be a good style of communication for listeners in terms of whether this is how it's going to be for awhile, or if things will get back to normal.

I know that since Jones & Blood were pulled, a bunch of my friends aren't giving WTPRN the cash anymore from using the call-in 'listen' line. It seems to me that WTPRN is on the way out unless they get their act together, which is a damned shame. Eric WhoRU said on his show that apparently GCN was giving WTP free AJ and Blood streams to help WTP get started, but it was time limited and at some point WTP would have to start paying for the streams.

Maybe something is going on behind the scenes with the George Gordon show. I know he's been doing it for a long long time, but he mentioned something about how he sends the CDs to his producer in austin and they get put up for broadcast. If the shake-up at WTPRN affected that person, this could be the reason why their archives haven't been updated for the show, and maybe there is a big stack of George Gordon broadcasts that have been piling up. Don't know though, its all pure speculation.

lynnf
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
strangely, enough, Alex Jones is back on WTPRN today (and a re-rerun yesterday)!

maybe this particular expression of infighting has stopped.

lynn

BuddyRey
09-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Despite the fact that they're a lot more obscure, WTPRN is, in my opinion, a lot better than GCN. If WTPRN had The Power Hour, I don't think I'd ever turn it off.

My absolute favorite is "Uncovering the Truth with Katherine Albrecht." Dr. Albrecht has a charming, sunny personality that radiates through the airwaves. Her topics and ideology bridge the gap between Alex Jones and mainstream civil libertarians very well. For those people who find Alex Jones too abrasive, jarring, scary, or downright nuts, Katherine Albrecht is a very challenging, informative, and level-headed decaf substitute!