PDA

View Full Version : Ok I broke down and ordered the DVD from C-Span

Feelgood
09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Was only $60 and $7 for shipping! :eek:

I think for a historical time piece, it is a worth while investment. Hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but once it arrives, I do plan to rip it and stream it from my site. Unless someone beats me to it, you'll be able to view it in its entirety shortly after I have it in my possession. The video is 5 hours in all, so I will probably either break it down hour by hour, or speaker by speaker. Not sure yet. :)

Stay tuned Paulites...

jonathans
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
speaker by speaker, IMO

RSLudlum
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM

I think for a historical time piece, it is a worth while investment. Hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but once it arrives, I do plan to rip it and stream it from my site. Unless someone beats me to it, you'll be able to view it in its entirety shortly after I have it in my possession. The video is 5 hours in all, so I will probably either break it down hour by hour, or speaker by speaker. Not sure yet. :)

Stay tuned Paulites...

Don't be surprised if you get a call from C-SPAN on the subject of your intentions ;)

constitutional
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Make it high quality (possibly torrent) :).

kaleidoscope eyes
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow, I was hoping a DVD would be coming. Is CSPAN going to be the only one to put one out? Does anyone know?

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
nt

hillertexas
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM

Stay tuned Paulites...

OMG...that would be awesome!

Pauls' Revere
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I hoping the CFL would put it out but probably dont have copyrights.
I want a copy YES

hrdman2luv
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I think that buying Ron Paul items from C-Span is a good way to support a media outlet that gave Ron Paul that much attention.......

honkywill
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
totally gotta make a torrent for this.

jonathans
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I would consider it if it included the whole event. Since they cut away for the fema update. I need to go check their site i guess

But I will still wait and see if CFL is offering dvd

Conza88
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/includes/templates/library/flash_popup.php?pID=280850-1&clipStart=&clipStop=

First 5 hours... desperately looking for the remaining. But if thats on yours... defs torrent it etc.. :D

hotbrownsauce
09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
torrents....

BuddyRey
09-03-2008, 04:06 AM

Stay tuned Paulites...

Hey Feelgood, can you hook us up with the URL you went to to find the DVD? I'm considering buying it myself! :D

eloquensanity
09-03-2008, 04:32 AM
I think that buying Ron Paul items from C-Span is a good way to support a media outlet that gave Ron Paul that much attention.......

I agree.
:)

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Don't be surprised if you get a call from C-SPAN on the subject of your intentions ;)Is C-Span a government entity? If so, then they are not allowed to copyright anything. That means free distribution.

But again it depends on whether or not C-SPan is the government.

angelatc
09-03-2008, 07:52 AM

That's a good capitalist thought. If they make money off Ron Paul stuff, they'll look to sell more Ron Paul stuff.

angelatc
09-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Is C-Span a government entity? If so, then they are not allowed to copyright anything. That means free distribution.

But again it depends on whether or not C-SPan is the government.

Do you not have Google? C-SPan isn't a government entity. It receives no government funding. It is entirely privately owned.

Conza88
09-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Do you not have Google? C-SPan isn't a government entity. It receives no government funding. It is entirely privately owned.

Then why does it say "Offered as a Public Service" :confused:

fletcher
09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Then why does it say "Offered as a Public Service" :confused:

Because it is a public service.

public service
n.

1. Employment within a governmental system, especially within the civil service.
2. A service performed for the benefit of the public, especially by a nonprofit organization.
3. The business of supplying an essential commodity, such as water or electricity, or a service, such as communications or transportation, to the public.

Conza88
09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok, so it's non profit... but not a government organization.?

TastyWheat
09-03-2008, 08:42 PM
According to the feed on the website it shows the beginning up until Aimee singing Sublime. Barry and Ron are on a separate DVD I'm pretty sure. I don't mind them cutting out the performances but I won't buy 2 DVDs, especially when they cost about $100 together.

vodalian
09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
All Video by C-Span of government proceedings like Congress and Senate belong to the public domain (no copyright). Their footage of government funded events has restrictions, like no commercial use and you must keep their logo visible, but privately funded events like rallies and programs like Washington Journal is a different story, you're not allowed to distribute that without written consent. Although, in all honesty, I don't think they strictly enforce that unless you start trying to make money from it.

Edit:

read more about it here:
http://www.c-span.org/About/Copyright.aspx

mediahasyou
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, so it's non profit... but not a government organization.?

correct.

CSPAN is required by the government but forced to be funded by the cable companies. And because of that is the reason for the shit hole television channel.

constitutional
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
C-Span 2 did cut out a lot of stuff, like cutting into that FEMA meeting. Would be nice if Campaign for Liberty provided a solid DVD copy of the rally.

Fields
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
torrents please...

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Does anything say anything about copyright on it?

If not then you should be in the free and clear to burn, copy, and distribute.

The performances by the various artists will not be on the discs because they are copyrighted and I am willing to bet CSPAN didn't / isn't interested in clearing those rights.