PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Speech - Your Reactions?

SnappleLlama
09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Okay, fire away!! He was awesome, as usual! I loved that he didn't just give the same speech he's done hundreds of times. I also loved how he joked with the crowd about the "end the fed" chant...."I'm not even there yet!"

:D

jmag
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Ron is so awesome.

notsure
09-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I thought it was an awesome convention speech. I was a little disappointed he didn't announce his third party run after that hype about the spectrum of Americas political ring. Or something. It was a great speech though.

jonathans
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
didn't he say Iran had no missles or tanks. My dad yelling about that.
He's a cantankerous old fart anyway.
lol

jonathans
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM
My favorite was the first half of his speech. It was great.
I was hoping there would be some details or light shed on CFL plans..

SamuraisWisdom
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I thought it was the best speech he's ever delivered. He was focused, spoke clearly, didn't ramble (that much, which for him is pretty good), and was able to rally the crowd. Plus the content of his speech was excellent. Where was this type of speaking throughout the campaign?!

Time for Change
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
One of his best ever.

I am very proud to be a part of this.

Remember...our work is NOT done...this is just the beginning.

Imperial
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I think it was his best speech yet. Simply put. Pre-empted all arguments about Campaign for Liberty, put forward great unique thought as government protector of rights, but not facilitator.

jonathans
09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah Ron was ON tonight, he started to ramble and get alittle shakey about 3/4 way through but pulled it back together. Good ending.

anaconda
09-02-2008, 08:43 PM
RP was hitting on all cylinders tonight. I didn't see the entire speech, but I didn't hear him talk about CFL hitting the streets with activism. Seemed like it might have been an occasion for an "ask not..." kind of moment. Maybe paraphrase a few of the ways that the audience might get involved. Inspire the people to go forth and conquer. Sounded like a good turnout at the arena. I was grateful for that. I was worried that people in far away states that bought tickets might be unable to attend.

yoshimaroka
09-02-2008, 08:44 PM
It was great!

Although now we need another chant than "Ron Paul".

Chiznaddy
09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
fantastic speech. beautifully written and spoken. Im sick and tired of people saying he doesn't deliver well either....Im watching the RNC right now, and if you can honestly say these fake faces have better delivery than Ron Paul did tonight, well you deserve a shitty president.

Conza88
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Youtubeeeeeee

Dave39168
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
It was awesome!

One of my favorite lines was "just because you need something, doesn't mean you have a right to it."

Now turn the channel to the GOP convention and see how passionless they are...

Conza88
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
It was awesome!

One of my favorite lines was "just because you need something, doesn't mean you have a right to it."

Now turn the channel to the GOP convention and see how passionless they are...

They were clapping Lieberman when I was watching. He mentioned Clinton - tax cuts, balanced budget etc... they were CLAPPING!!? He mentioned Hillary, can help mccain reform washington - *Claps*...

GTFO!

They're all brain dead.

smithtg
09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
best line by far

"Today they want you to believe a patriot supports what government wants, A true patriot supports liberty and the people."

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Wonderful speech.

But then, the whole DAY was wonderful.

DFF
09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
"I want that Tube, nut excuses." :rolleyes:

ShowMeLiberty
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
It was Ron Paul's shining moment. I hope it made him feel like everything he's done in the last 30 years was worthwhile, because it really was.

LJHudd
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Made me tear up when he spoke about Carol in the beginning. But then got right into it, he spoke very well and had so many memorable, quotable lines. I was really pleased with it, especially since I told all my friends to watch - hopefully it opened the eyes of many more people who happened to want to watch something other than the RNC.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
nt

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
It was awesome.

My wife was so pumped up, she's wants to be super active with this now, whereas she just supported it before. But she will have to wait until her voice comes back... lol.

:D

nullvalu
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I loved when he said something like "Once you've been awakened to the problems, you have a responsibility to change them."

tpreitzel
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
It was Ron Paul's shining moment. I hope it made him feel like everything he's done in the last 30 years was worthwhile, because it really was.

x2

As I said in another thread right after he finished his speech, Ron was clearly addressing the American people and not simply his supporters. Hopefully, a few non-supporters who heard his message will change their ways.

reduen
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
It was real close to the most inspiring thing that I have ever heard!!:cool:

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I loved when he said something like "Once you've been awakened to the problems, you have a responsibility to change them."

Same here! Great statement from Dr. Paul...

Bruno
09-02-2008, 10:02 PM

I loved that line!

It was real close to the most inspiring thing that I have ever heard!!:cool:

+1776

DeanToPaulIn4Years
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
It was fantastic. Every DAMN bit of this rally and the last couple of days was awesome. There's nothing like the vibe of a Ron Paul crowd.

Monday night's concert was an unexpected treat. Rockie Lynn is actually a really good guitarist. He needs to change the words of his song though. Democrats have NOT been the primary problem over the last 8 years. BUSH REPUBLICANS have. Democrats are enablers, no doubt, but attacking the Dems is the easy way out for someone like Rockie. He needs to adjust that. Otherwise, great job. ;)

I personally spent the walk back from the rally openly avoiding and needling the McBush Republicans that are infesting the city. "Uh oh.. Here they come. REPUBLICANS ARE EVERYWHERE! They love war and you never know when they'll start another one. Be safe." :D

Favorite speakers of the rally:
Bruce Fein - everyone who heard him speak is just a bit smarter now than they were before. if i remember correctly, he was the only one to mention the word "impeachment"
Bill Kaufmann - spoke straight from the heart and you could tell he meant every word.
Lew Rockwell - said some things that will take a day or two to fully absorb. NO HOLDS BARRED from Lew. understated but devastating to the neocon establishment.
Jesse V. - GREAT BIG BRASS BALLS to do what he did. and i'm NO truther. But his speech was awesome.
Ron Paul - even better than his usual fantastic speech. i've never seen anyone who can connect on a personal level, with such great humor, as the good Doctor can.

What a blessing to be alive and aware at this moment in time.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE, AND TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THE JOURNEY!

inibo
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM

That was the highlight for me as well. He was telling us, I've done my part, now it's all up to you.

jonathans
09-02-2008, 11:16 PM

I 'bout got chills there too.

ClayTrainor
09-02-2008, 11:19 PM
is there a youtube of rons speech?

all i see are jesse ventura threads!

afmatt
09-03-2008, 03:11 AM
My reaction?

I'm still awake (At 4:19 AM local)

That should tell you how awesome it was :D Will post more about yesterday when I'm actually coherent :P

Conza88
09-03-2008, 03:29 AM
is there a youtube of rons speech?

all i see are jesse ventura threads!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=153100

Pepsi
09-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Its on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG1VNWeHVu8

SweetMona
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't mean to overly analyze each speaker's face. Did all speakers wear make up on? The face of Ron Paul looked so different, a full face of tan and some charcoal eyeliners? I also thought Adam and Vendt looked pretty, with make up on, I believe?

I guess there were CSPAN make-up artists in the back?