PDA

View Full Version : Universal Soldier - > Universal Champion of Liberty

jerry
09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I appreciate RP bring up this song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2FFd-U12Bs and voicing its human development. I look forward to a singer/songwriter putting Universal Champion of Liberty to Song.

jmag
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
That was intense - Ron basically suggesting that military act on principles of Liberty implying possible disobedience. I bet the establishment loved that.

steve005
09-02-2008, 09:14 PM
bump

jerry
09-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I think RP was saying that unsure young people who don't know about human/constitutional values of non-inteventionism, role of gov't, etc. are left with a void inside which jaded human businessmen can exploit for their ends which they have been doing for at least 1,000 years (time used in Universal Solider).

Wolfgang Bohringer
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
This was Ron Paul at his finest.

He "confessed" for his role in ignorantly hiding behind patriotism and being a willing cog in the freedom destroying military machine!

Can you think of any other politician to speak that kind of honesty and truth?

H Roark
09-03-2008, 12:26 AM
This is was a profound moment in RP's speech, definitely had me thinking for a while about the angle of a recruit who just wants to do good for his country and be patriotic but is faced with only one option in society; that is to be the universal soldier. Universal Champion of Liberty, was epic.

jerry
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
There's an ancient energy in teenagers that wants to be initiated into manhood. There used to be ritual processes for this transformational event that taught a new man ethics, codes of honour, how to treat a woman, how to be real, they learned ancient wisdom tales by heart, how to play music, write poetry, ... Greedy businessmen with their churches destroyed this* and used this energy for their aims.

*perhaps a bit like how Jesse explains how Clinton and Dole destroyed a third party person from speaking.