PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds gather for Ron Paul rally in Minneapolis

StudentForPaul08
09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes, you read right.Hundreds. Not Over Ten Thousand that was the actual number, thanks AP we love you.
:rolleyes:

Hundreds gather for Ron Paul rally in Minneapolis

By SUZANNE GAMBOA – 1 hour ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The two major political parties are destroying the country, former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura told Ron Paul loyalists at a protest convention Tuesday, and he offered himself as a possible presidential candidate in 2012.

"With people like Dr. Paul, myself and all the rest of us, let's get the revolution going," Ventura said.

Ventura, a third party candidate and former professional wrestler who unexpectedly was elected governor in Minnesota in 1998, left open the possibility of returning to the campaign trail. "If I see it over the next two to three years ... and if this country shows me it's worth it for me to do it, then maybe in 2012," he told a crowd at the Rally of the Republic convention.

Referring to the Democrats and Republicans, Ventura said: "I think these two parties are destroying our country."

The protest convention, which attracted thousands of people unhappy with either of the major political parties, is an extension of Texas Rep. Ron Paul's failed presidential bid. Paul garnered few votes but has been an Internet sensation.

Organizers said they sold 10,103 tickets for the rally at the Target Center with Paul's speech expected to be the event's highlight.

A half-day of speakers denounced both party candidates, labeled President Bush's policies Orwellian, decried the use of paper money, the drug war and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

Dean Wood, an author, drew heavy cheers when he directed his words to GOP conventioneers meeting this week in nearby St. Paul.

"I say to the people across the river, come home. Come back," Wead said.

Their speeches were broken up with videos from the Paul campaign shown on a large screen on the stage.

Before the events started, several rallygoers stood in a light rain outside Target Center to wave signs and chant "Ron Paul, Ron Paul."

Benito Segovia, 26, of Houston attended even though he is an alternate delegate to the GOP convention. He said he believes change of the party can come from within.

thehighwaymanq
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey, its not that bad of an article. Thats very positive, minus the "hundreds" thing.

But more media like that and were on to something.

Paper money, the drug war, the Fed=not really talked about by the AP a lot

RonPaulFanInGA
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
AP says "thousands" now.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g0M3Xsg2vqrsu47M2xbF3EnDmp0AD92UVAQ01