PDA

View Full Version : Ethnic Restaurants

Shatterhand
09-02-2007, 01:12 PM
The other day I ate at an ethnic restaurant. There were a lot of waiters running around. I left a generous tip and two slim jims and two RP business cards. Maybe if there were fewer waiters I would have left just one piece of literature.

But I was thinking that ethnic restaurants are often family owned and run by entrepreneurs. They hire extended family and friends. They come from tight-knit communities where there is a strong line of communication and word of mouth spreads quickly.

I don't eat out that often, but maybe in the next three months I will visit some of these restaurants and I'll bring along some slim jims:

Persian
Thai
Vietnamese
Chinese
Indonesian
Indian
Greek

Also, the other day I bought a soda at a liquor store and after I paid the man I took out a tri-fold and slapped it on the counter and said that this guy RP was running for president and he's pro-small business. I figured if I was going to buy a drink anyway, I might as well give out something to try and help the business.

P.S. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum topic. I don't know where to post anymore. If a moderator would like to move it, that's fine with me. :)

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Haha I gave my chinese delivery guy a slimjim with a fat tip last Tuesday! They like it when people recognize them as voting citizens and not just the chinese delivery guy.