PDA

View Full Version : California GOP Convention Sept 7th!-9th

ghemminger
09-02-2007, 01:08 PM
We have a very small and historic window of opportunity to make a real change in our country. The next four months are critical. We CAN get Ron Paul nominated as the Republican candidate for President. But we must make the most of every good opportunity that comes along to spread the word of his Freedom Message.

One such MAJOR opportunity is this weekend’s California GOP Convention in Indian Wells (Palm Springs).

California is the state with the most votes in the National GOP Convention. Reaching Republicans with our message and waking them up to the reality of our strength will make a big difference in the outcome of this campaign. We need every available Ron Paul supporter to be there this weekend.

The most important thing is to be in front of the hotel that morning at 7 AM with signs. We want to show the attendees that we are a real force within the party as soon as they show up to register.

There is no need to pay to enter the convention unless you want to. The cost is $50.00.

I believe that we have all the personnel needed to staff our table inside the convention, though it is possible we need more. I will check on this.

On Friday some of us will car pool to Indian Wells. There may be opportunities for waving signs and distributing literature that evening, but I’m not sure about that yet. I will be checking on this and will update you.

Those of us who go out on Friday will stay in an inexpensive hotel nearby and then get up early to plant signs beginning 4 miles out from the hotel. The signs will say things like “Restoration of Constitutional Government...Next Left...Ron Paul 2008”. They will lead the attendees to the convention. At the gate they will be greeted by our FRIENDLY, POSITIVE rally and offered a “GOP Revival Kit” (this name pending approval) containing Ron Paul’s position papers and other materials.

We need people to:

-go to Indian Wells Friday night
-help create the signs
-help create the Kits
-bring tents and umbrellas for protection from the sun
-offer to use their cars to carpool
-BE THERE at 7 AM on Saturday morning!!

It is going to be FUN and historic. We may only be rallying until 10 AM...after that we will need to evaluate the heat situation and see what might be accomplished by gathering inside the hotel is a quiet, calm, respectful manner. We may need to play things by ear and see how things go.

We may have a group from Phoenix AZ joining us. Please don’t let there be more folks for AZ than SoCal!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do everything possible to be there. You will be traveling with and getting to know other great Ron Paul supporters and it will be a great time!

Please reply asap with your RSVP and questions.

MEETUP ORGANIZERS PLEASE PUT THIS ON YOUR CALENDAR AND POST THIS EMAIL TO YOUR GROUPS. THANK YOU!

Yours in support of Ron Paul for President,

George Hemminger
george 4 title @ yahoo.com
MarchAcrossAmerica.blogspot.com

Steven Vincent
Ron Paul Radio
Web Site: http://www.RonPaulRadio.US
Email: ronpaulradio@sbcglobal.net

bbachtung
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
You, sir, are a genius.

Bumpity bump.

tnvoter
09-02-2007, 04:32 PM
bump

born2drv
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
i'd go but to be honest with you it's a bit too far....

i think i'm going to go to the san diego event in the middle of the month instead... just signed up on their website to join the CA GOP.

ghemminger
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
You, sir, are a genius.

Bumpity bump.

Thanks! I wish I could take all the credit....many dedicated people working hard to accoplish this!

Oh...I'm hosting a show now on Ron Paul Radio from 6-7pm Pacific. I will give more details soon!!!!

Great news from www.RonPaulradio.com! We received a server donation
that can support over 30,000 listeners! That's right, nearly everyone
registered on MeetUp.com can tune in to a major event! We would also
like to work the with the meetup groups and already have things in the
works with some large events being organized by meetup groups. One
recent example was our broadcast of the BBQ bash LIVE from Texas City,
TX. Meetup allows Ron Paul radio to arrange anywhere in the country to
broadcast to the rest of the world.

With 30,000+ listener capability, we could be a powerful grassroots
media tool. Also, with a 24/7 streaming radio broadcast dedicated to
Ron Paul and his campaign, there is *plenty* of time to go extremely
in-depth into issues with shows, broadcast live events, and play great
music/infomercials ALL IN ONE DAY! We're still looking for people who
would like to help enrich our content, so please contact us if you're
interested!

Since we can cross into official events like debates and the upcoming
TX straw poll as media, we want to represent the movement in the best
way as possible, while giving Ron Paul supporters an easy and fun way
to get involved. Ron Paul's message reaches people around the world –
and we can too. Go to www.RonPaulradio.com for more information, and
help us give the internet a voice, speaking the freedom message across
the internet for everyone to hear. Thanks!

- RPR Staff