PDA

View Full Version : I'm Excited/Anxious/Determined!

thehighwaymanq
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
After listening to some of these amazing speeches I am really getting pumped up to press and inform people about the C4L. I was wondering, if I put bumper stickers on stop signs and other public things is that illegal?

I really want to go out and put bumper stickers around my town but I don't really know the law.

Thanks!

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I put bumper stickers on stop signs and other public things is that illegal?

Defacing public signs carries hefty penalties and is illegal. Taping with scotch tape flyers to certain public areas wouldn't be so bad though because there isn't any defacement involved, but leave the stop signs alone. :)

Bathroom stalls, bus stops, bulletin boards at coffee shops, free ad papers at the supermarket racks, etc are all perfectly fine or grey areas.

thehighwaymanq
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Defacing public signs carries hefty penalties and is illegal. Taping with scotch tape flyers to certain public areas wouldn't be so bad though because there isn't any defacement involved, but leave the stop signs alone. :)

Bathroom stalls, bus stops, bulletin boards at coffee shops, free ad papers at the supermarket racks, etc are all perfectly fine or grey areas.

Alrighty, thanks I just wanted to make sure.

BCR_9er
09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I feel the same too!

I previously opened a thread asking a question similar about writing "WWW.campaignforliberty.com" on all dollars. How about this?

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I feel the same too!

I previously opened a thread asking a question similar about writing "WWW.campaignforliberty.com" on all dollars. How about this?

That is a grey area as well. Nobody complains about the special magic markers that are used to detect counterfeits that mark up the bills, so it should be okay. A small ink stamp would look better.

Dorfsmith
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I feel the same too!

Yes! Do it :cool:

Dorfsmith
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
That is a grey area as well. Nobody complains about the anti counterfeit marker that inks up the bills, so it should be okay.

As long as you don't make it unusable it's legal. The people at wheresgeorge.com explain the law pretty well.

BCR_9er
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes! Do it :cool:

OK. I will. You guys do it too!