PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura: If I See Enough Support, I'll Run For Prez In 2012

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Well, what say you, my friends? :)

(Ventura just said this during his R4R speech)

powerofreason
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Well he's most likely got my vote.

-lotus-
09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
saw that. Lets see where his values are at in 2012.....

robertwerden
me 3

libertythor
Well then a strong Draft Ventura campaign needs to be started NOW so that he can start early and start banking money to get on the ballots 4 years from now.

I would like to see him go for the GOP primary and continue building the freedom coalition of the Republican Party, but independent or 3rd party is cool too.

Kotin
I enjoyed that.. He pulled a Barry Goldwater..

thehighwaymanq
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Ventura for Prez, Paul for Vice.

RevolutionSD
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM

He needs to take a stance against the income tax AND the fair tax, as well as a stance against the War on Drugs to get me interested.

inibo
We could do a lot worse.

libertythor

The other way around would be better. Or maybe even something that would generate even more media buzz: Walter Williams and Jesse Ventura

09-02-2008, 03:51 PM

How about Ventura for Prez, Gary Johnson for Vice, and they use their sway to make Paul Speaker of the House? (I think he could do more good there than sitting around casting the occasional tie-breaking Senate vote, and if we have someone young as the VP, they can run as the heir apparent after Ventura's term(s))

libertythor
He needs to take a stance against the income tax AND the fair tax, as well as a stance against the War on Drugs to get me interested.

I beleive he is declared against the War on Drugs already, so that leaves the tax issue to be figured out.

LibertyEagle
Well then a strong Draft Ventura campaign needs to be started NOW so that he can start early and start banking money to get on the ballots 4 years from now.

I would like to see him go for the GOP primary and continue building the freedom coalition of the Republican Party, but independent or 3rd party is cool too.

Did you guys hear him? He doesn't want that. HE WANTS US TO SHOW HIM BY OUR ACTIONS. That means, getting off our asses and getting involved! Just like Ron, he won't stand a chance, unless we start taking back our own darn state and local governments.

BCR_9er
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I'll be old enough to vote in 2012 and he's got my vote!

FrankRep
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Ventura 2012!

RevolutionSD
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I beleive he is declared against the War on Drugs already, so that leaves the tax issue to be figured out.

Really? I'd like to see a link that he is against the W.O.D.

Well I don't like that he want to REGULATE marijuana. Just fucking legalize it, get the gov't out of drugs entirely. JV has a ways to go before he can be considered a libertarian.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Presidential nominee of the third-party peace & liberty coalition :3

RP4Pres2008
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
YES!!

Independent run from Ventura and Ron Paul VP!!

libertythor
Did you guys hear him? He doesn't want that. HE WANTS US TO SHOW HIM BY OUR ACTIONS. That means, getting off our asses and getting involved! Just like Ron, he will start taking back our own darn state and local governments.

That would be part of the draft Jesse strategy. Right now the RP supporters are split between Barr, Baldwin, and Write-in for 2008. However rallying around Jesse Ventura for 2012 NOW will help maintain cohesion and continue the momentum for the efforts to elect freedom candidates on all levels.

Remember that the midterms are only in 2 years, and gubernatorial, state, and local races are staggered all over the place. If the same energy placed from last fall to this spring can be sustained after November, by 2010 there should be plenty of successes, at least on the local level.

Raditude
I'm on board for Ventura in 2012. Paul/Ventura or Ventura/Paul will get my vote for sure.

thehighwaymanq
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll be old enough to vote in 2012 and he's got my vote!

Yeah me too! I can't wait the first time to vote!

libertythor
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Really? I'd like to see a link that he is against the W.O.D.

Well I don't like that he want to REGULATE marijuana. Just fucking legalize it, get the gov't out of drugs entirely. JV has a ways to go before he can be considered a libertarian.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Jesse_Ventura_Drugs.htm

"I believe the war on drugs is a failure for the same reasons Prohibition was a failure. My mom told me about that. She lived through it. She saw that as soon as the government made alcohol consumption illegal, criminals cornered the market on liquor. Getting alcohol went from a safe, legal, affordable activity to one that often involved bloodshed and obscene amounts of money. And it gave rise to half a dozen other crimes as well. It caused a huge groundswell in organized crime. It made a lot of criminals rich. Today, illegal drug use is doing the exact same thing."

RevolutionSD
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
That would be part of the draft Jesse strategy. Right now the RP supporters are split between Barr, Baldwin, and Write-in for 2008. However rallying around Jesse Ventura for 2012 NOW will help maintain cohesion and continue the momentum for the efforts to elect freedom candidates on all levels.

Remember that the midterms are only in 2 years, and gubernatorial, state, and local races are staggered all over the place. If the same energy placed from last fall to this spring can be sustained after November, by 2010 there should be plenty of successes, at least on the local level.

A lot of us simply are not voting.

max
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
ventura just wants to sell books to the suckers...if he wanted to run he'd done so THIS YEAR and could have won...

I dont think there will even be an election in 2012 (martial law)

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
He was organizing a Senate campaign, but decided not to for personal reasons.

ventura just wants to sell books to the suckers...if he wanted to run he'd done so THIS YEAR and could have won...

I dont think there will even be an election in 2012 (martial law)

ron paul or bust
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
That was one hell of a speech!!! I'm all in. Let's get this thing going!

Jesse Ventura '12

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
A lot of us simply are not voting.

I respect the decision, but remember that there are city council and school board races and such that may have liberty candidates on board.

You can show up to vote and just not fill in the races you don't want to vote in.

rockandrollsouls
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
saw that. Lets see where his values are at in 2012.....

Agreed. I'm not ready to swing one way or the other...I have to see his stance on the issues.

richardfortherepublic
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I am definitely on board with Jesse in 2012, because we need a third party to win and "shatter the glass ceiling" of two party establishment democracy.

BTW: anyone else taking shots when the words 'take our country back' are spoken? I'm up to five... O.o

inibo
09-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Agreed. I'm not ready to swing one way or the other...I have to see his stance on the issues.

Agreed, but, boy he can fire a fellow up.

And now I'm listening to Gary Johnson. As different as night and day on style, but a solid performance. Is Johnson as squeaky clean as he seems?

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I am definitely on board with Jesse in 2012,

I hope his tax plan is a winner because 2012 needs a united but principled front. So far I am all for a JV campaign.

09-02-2008, 04:32 PM

And now I'm listening to Gary Johnson. As different as night and day on style, but a solid performance. Is Johnson as squeaky clean as he seems?

I think he is, politically, but he had a pretty nasty divorce a couple years back. Not that it should matter, but it probably would in this day and age, unfortunately...

RevolutionSD
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Jesse_Ventura_Drugs.htm

"I believe the war on drugs is a failure for the same reasons Prohibition was a failure. My mom told me about that. She lived through it. She saw that as soon as the government made alcohol consumption illegal, criminals cornered the market on liquor. Getting alcohol went from a safe, legal, affordable activity to one that often involved bloodshed and obscene amounts of money. And it gave rise to half a dozen other crimes as well. It caused a huge groundswell in organized crime. It made a lot of criminals rich. Today, illegal drug use is doing the exact same thing."

Thanks. :)

RevolutionSD
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I respect the decision, but remember that there are city council and school board races and such that may have liberty candidates on board.

You can show up to vote and just not fill in the races you don't want to vote in.

I no longer believe in voting. Even the most liberty-minded candidates are reinforcing the very idea that we NEED this huge government filled with useless congressmen and even worse, city council numbskulls. Beyond that, most of these government positions rely on stolen taxpayer money to fund them. I don't believe in stealing, so I do not vote.

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks. :)

No problem. Now we have to figure out his tax positions. I would be somewhat okay with something like a 10% flat tax with no deductions or privileges, but other than that not getting rid of the income tax would just be reshuffling the beast.

rockandrollsouls
09-02-2008, 04:38 PM

I'm not saying his speech wasn't thrilling....it had me riled up :D

I'm just not so quick to jump the gun like some here. I'll see where he stands in 2012.

MRoCkEd
09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
No problem. Now we have to figure out his tax positions. I would be somewhat okay with something like a 10% flat tax with no deductions or privileges, but other than that not getting rid of the income tax would just be reshuffling the beast.
I know he says he wants to eliminate the income tax and go to a sales tax
It's not as good as "replace it with nothing" but it's a step in the right direction, as nothing is worse than an income tax.

libertythor
09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I know he says he wants to eliminate the income tax and go to a sales tax
It's not as good as "replace it with nothing" but it's a step in the right direction, as nothing is worse than an income tax.

As long as some "compromise" doesn't result allowing for a sales tax AND an income tax. Mexico has high income tax rates AND has a 10-15 % (depends on if northern or southern Mexico) federal sales tax. It sucks donkey dick.

DFF
09-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Tube? I missed it. :(