http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49oZDvTKXv0

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIs3czp3pL8

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Thank you, Frank. :)

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Lew is a great author but I was not that impressed by his speech. I think he's better at writing than speaking.

ruggedindividualist
09-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Lew is a great author but I was not that impressed by his speech. I think he's better at writing than speaking.

True. He has a rather monotonous delivery, not a rousing populist Ventura style. But I'll listen to it ALL DAY LONG! The man is brilliant and is educating millions. What a freedom fighter!! We all have our gifts. I was lucky enough to get to hear Rockwell, Woods, DiLorenzo, Sennholz, and several other Austrians at a conference once with my dtr. I told her we were in the presence of men who surpassed the Founders in the pursuit of truth and liberty.

Conza88
09-03-2008, 07:11 AM
What's some movie?..... there is an epic author who hides away... and a black inner city kid, whose meets him?

Sean Connery is the hiding author, and the black kid is... that guy who was in The Hurricane (as the canadian kid)

Anyone know what I'm talking about? LOL...

Anyway; in it - there is an exchange the kid is a good writer himself etc... he writes an article, they accuse him of plagiarism, but he had permission to write it (from the author - who is still in hiding)... anyway; the kid won't dob in the author; blah blah - the author shows up at his "trail / hearing for plaigarism" and reads out the kid's essay saying - no author should ever have to read their own work etc etc...

:p Could say the same with Rothwell. Better writer than speaker / reader

Paul_Delegate
09-03-2008, 03:42 PM

That said. I think you are a great guy but not that intelligent. I'm sure I'd like to hang out with you, but I'd prefer not to have to see your presumptious, meaningless opinions constantly.

Kludge
09-03-2008, 03:44 PM
This was probably the only time he grabbed my attention in his entire speech, but damn, it was a GREAT line.

Theocrat
09-03-2008, 03:49 PM
What's some movie?..... there is an epic author who hides away... and a black inner city kid, whose meets him?

Sean Connery is the hiding author, and the black kid is... that guy who was in The Hurricane (as the canadian kid)

Anyone know what I'm talking about? LOL...

Anyway; in it - there is an exchange the kid is a good writer himself etc... he writes an article, they accuse him of plagiarism, but he had permission to write it (from the author - who is still in hiding)... anyway; the kid won't dob in the author; blah blah - the author shows up at his "trail / hearing for plaigarism" and reads out the kid's essay saying - no author should ever have to read their own work etc etc...

:p Could say the same with Rothwell. Better writer than speaker / reader

You're referring to this movie:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/joewhite149/Finding_forrester.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181536/)

Conza88
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Ah yeah, thanks Theo.

coyote_sprit
09-03-2008, 05:43 PM
I didn't find it priceless, it wasn't well executed in my honest opinion.

Matt Collins
09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
That said. I think you are a great guy but not that intelligent. I'm sure I'd like to hang out with you, but I'd prefer not to have to see your presumptious, meaningless opinions constantly.What is with your personal attacks? :confused:

And if you don't like my opinions then feel free to ignore my posts :rolleyes:

me3
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree, it was not one of his better speeches.

Here is Lew giving a talk at a Mises Circle,

Government as Window Breaker: Hazlitt's Lesson Reapplied
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x610sFTAazs

Paul_Delegate
09-04-2008, 12:13 AM
What is with your personal attacks? :confused:

And if you don't like my opinions then feel free to ignore my posts :rolleyes:

You are replete with personal attacks and criticisms yet can't take any yourself. How hypocritical.

Matt Collins
09-04-2008, 12:30 AM
You are replete with personal attacks and criticisms yet can't take any yourself. How hypocritical.Where have I attacked? Please quote...

Knut Schreiber
09-04-2008, 05:48 AM
That shit is really getting annoying. Can somebody just shut up "Paul Delegate". He is obviously a troll. Matt don't let him wind you up. That's what the troll is trying to do.

FunkBuddha
09-04-2008, 06:04 AM
If anyone is interested in reading the text that the Rothbard quote came from it's here (http://mises.org/story/3090).

I haven't read as much Rothbard as many people here but what I have read I like. He was a very insightful man, almost prophetic, to say the least.

Conza88
09-04-2008, 08:21 AM
You are replete with personal attacks and criticisms yet can't take any yourself. How hypocritical.

So.... how you doing there buddy?

How'd you find out about Ron Paul? :)

Malakai
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM

The content was great, his delivery is academic and not fiery politician speak, though.

Check out the LRC podcast he does, when he's not in front of 10k people he is very pleasant to listen to.

I seriously love LRC podcasts =)

TruthisTreason
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I happened to run into Lew leaving the Rally. I saw him walking by and yelled out LEW. And introduced myself. :cool:

TruthisTreason
09-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I seriously love LRC podcasts =)

+1

voytechs
09-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Thank you, Frank. :)

he he he. This is exactly opposite compliment I usually see when "Frank" the name comes up. LOL.