PDA

View Full Version : Concert For Change!!!!

nessafied
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Take it over!

For all the freedom lovers and ron paul supporters out there...There is a huge "Concert for Change" that is going to take place on Thursday, September 4th at Station Four in downtown Saint Paul. Over 15 local bands are putting on a free benefit show that will start at 1p in the afternoon and go until 1a. All proceeds will be donated to charity. They'll be raffling off prizes and there's supposed to be a guest speaker. Thought it might be relevant with the convention going on right down the street at the Xcel Energy Center. Definitely a chance to gather and show your support of wanting REAL "change"! And not just that hullaballoo that Obama keeps spewing... wear your shirts, buttons, bring your signs!! Let's show Saint Paul that we really do want change. Hope to see you all there!!!

More information found here:
Concert For Change Official Myspace Page (http://www.myspace.com/concertsforchange)

A small sample of what the people believe that are running this event:

The Republican National Convention will be held in St. Paul, MN in September of 2008. The eyes of the world will be watching to see what happens with the American political machine. We have a chance to voice our concerns. Our world is chaos. I know that past generations have had the same sense that their worlds were off, but never in human history have we had such an impact on our place in life. We have to change course, or we will self destruct:

(Has to be Nonpartisan in order to be downtown)

CONCERT FOR CHANGE
September 4, 2008
Station 4
201 E 4th St
St. Paul, MN 55101
FREE | <b>Nonpartisan</b>
18+ | 1:00pm - 1:00am

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=230662909&albumID=356172&imageID=19564756

The Republican National Convention is being held in St. Paul. Only Blocks away from this convention will be a Concert. This is a Concert For Change! Concert For Change does not focus on any one specific issue or political party.. it focuses on change. Our goal is to raise awareness to all of the issues our country is currently facing as well as to develop strategies to change our societies self destructive path. This will be the perfect opportunity for the community to make their voices heard as our lawmakers will be blocks away. Media outlets from all over the world will be within earshot of this Concert. This is an opportunity. Make History. Get Involved.

Want to be part of the change?
-Register to vote @ Concert For Change
-Volunteer to help out at the event
-Just show up and rock out all day
-Support the performers by buying their merch
<font color="red">-Raise your voice.</font>

Event shirts will be available for $10
and all proceeds donated to charity!

100% of event proceeds go to charity!

~V, a fellow Ron Paul supporter!

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
What "change" do you stand for? Please be specific.

Ya know, Communists want "change" too, but I'm not too interested in the "change" that they want. So.... please enlighten us as to the "change" that you're talking about.

micahnelson
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
http://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/dollar-and-change-by-xandert.jpg

There is a concert for change going on 24 hours a day on most lines of the T in boston.

nessafied
09-02-2008, 01:03 PM
What "change" do you stand for? Please be specific.

Ya know, Communists want "change" too, but I'm not too interested in the "change" that they want. So.... please enlighten us as to the "change" that you're talking about.

Smaller government.
Abolish the IRS
Less restrictions on Gun Control
Enough of these paternalistic laws
I am for non-intervention
More Personal Responsibility
Mainly to get big government out of our lives and to go back to living the way the Constitution was meant for us to live!!!

I, personally, am a Ron Paul supporter...I was a local delegate for quite a ways up the branch...I flyered all over the Twin Cities, sent out hundreds of mailings... I am for breaking apart this two party system and letting the people have a real voice. I'm sick and tired of the media deciding for us who gets to be heard and who doesn't...I want real people to have a real voice in deciding who runs our country!

Does that help??

I know personally that many of the members of these bands are Ron Paul supporters and believe in a lot of the same things that I do.... they're all tired of becoming an Orwellian nation, and are trying to raise their voices to make a difference, I hope you come down and join us!

nessafied
09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
http://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/dollar-and-change-by-xandert.jpg

There is a concert for change going on 24 hours a day on most lines of the T in boston.

Luckily for us, this venue got booked just blocks away from the Republican National Convention, and there will be mass media all around.

The benefit might get the blind eye, but they might also succeed in standing up for what they believe in and making a difference.

nessafied
09-02-2008, 02:22 PM
FIX:

I forgot an 's' in the link to the official myspace page...i fixed that now, and it directs you to the correct page. Sorry about that!!!!

nessafied
09-02-2008, 09:14 PM
just don't want this to get lost in all the convo's...

it's for such a good cause!