PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr at Rally today...?

svf
09-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Barr's event calendar on his website lists the Rally for the Republic today (Sept 2) ...

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/events/

Sep 02 Check local listings
Lou Dobbs
4:15 p.m. est

Rally for the Republic
Target Center, Minneapolis, MN

Your World with Neil Cavuto
9:00 p.m. est

Anyone know what's up? I assume he's not an official speaker, maybe just a "sponsor" with a booth (like Baldwin...?)

Hmm...

Indy Vidual
09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Neocon Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Feenix566
09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Good for him :) I'm glad he'll be there.

svf
09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
There's plenty of reasons to be critical of Bob Barr, but calling him a "neocon" is simply asinine.

Kludge
09-02-2008, 10:23 AM

My dog is sick...

http://www.lostdogrescue.org/admin/dogimages/Chico%2012-28-07.jpg

Printo
09-02-2008, 10:36 AM
There's plenty of reasons to be critical of Bob Barr, but calling him a "neocon" is simply asinine.

Agreed. Sometimes I feel the term neocon is used a bit too liberally by so many in this movement. Its beginning to lose its meaning.

Michael Landon
09-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I just received the following e-mail:

Dear "Michael Landon",

Over the holiday weekend, staffers from the Barr Campaign arrived in Minneapolis for the RNC Convention and other events.

Given that the nation's media has congregated on the banks of the Mississippi for the Republican National Convention, we thought it would be a great opportunity to rally supporters and gain even more media exposure.

Yesterday, Bob hit the ground running, speaking at an event in the afternoon sponsored by Minnesotans for Limited Government and again at a campaign rally organized by the Minnesota Libertarian Party.

This morning, Bob met with supporters and will be making an appearance at the Rally for the Republic followed by a good lineup of interviews.

So far today, our candidate is scheduled to appear at 4:15 eastern on Lou Dobb's radio show and at 9:00 p.m. eastern, he'll appear on Your World with Neil Cavuto on Fox News for a convention wrap-up.

Over the next few days as he makes the media rounds, Bob is going to be making his way in and out of the Xcel Energy Center where the RNC Convention is taking place.

In the meantime, back at Barr HQ in Atlanta, we're busy as can be with our ongoing ballot access battles.

We expect to hear the resolution of our ballot access case in West Virginia sometime today. The hearing for our Pennsylvania case (where an agent of John McCain is attempting to kick us off of the ballot) is scheduled for this Friday.

Meanwhile, in Texas . . .

Late last week we informed our supporters of the issue in Texas where it is clear that both John McCain and Barack Obama missed their filing deadlines to appear on the Texas ballot.

Deputy Campaign Manager Shane Cory had a pleasant conversation with the head of the Texas Elections Division last week, and was told that the Texas Republican and Democrat parties filed "something," but had not necessarily completed the certification by the deadline. He requested and was told that he would receive a copy of the "something," but as of yet, we have not received any documents.

This morning, the Libertarian Party of Texas stepped in to help out and sent a staffer to the Elections Division to obtain the paperwork that was supposedly filed on behalf of McCain and Obama.

We've been told that Elections Division's General Counsel will review whether or not the public filings can be released to the public.

If and when the paperwork is released, we'll release it to you but do note that at least according to the Texas Secretary of State's Web site that was updated over the weekend, Senators John McCain and Barack Obama are now on the ballot in Texas.

I guess the saying is true: Membership has its privileges . . . if you're Republican or a Democrat.

But I would like to put that statement to the test.

Over the holiday weekend, we got our ducks in a row to move forward and take a stand in Texas.

I realize that many of you are interested in exactly what we're doing with this matter, and while I cannot go into specifics at the moment, I'll do my best to keep you informed along the way over the next few days.

While we're taking care of business on our end, I do need a few things from you.

The media has nearly completely ignored this story. I need you to write and call your local stations and papers to explain what's going on - especially if you live in Texas.

To be fully armed with the facts, read Shane Cory's update here, or click over to Ballot Access News for in-depth information.

Also, any action we pursue is going to be expensive. Please take a minute to chip in $5 or more for this effort.

I appreciate all of your support and will provide another update as soon as the news comes in.

Sincerely,
Russell Verney
Campaign Manager

Does anyone know if he is speaking or just making the rounds?

- ML

pacelli
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I just received the following e-mail:

I got the same one just now, it clearly says:

This morning, Bob met with supporters and will be making an appearance at the Rally for the Republic followed by a good lineup of interviews.

So far today, our candidate is scheduled to appear at 4:15 eastern on Lou Dobb's radio show and at 9:00 p.m. eastern, he'll appear on Your World with Neil Cavuto on Fox News for a convention wrap-up.

georgiaboy
09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
really hope that Texas thing gets legs, but doubt it will.

svf
09-02-2008, 12:37 PM
ABC News report...

Bob Barr Attends Ron Paul Rally to Woo Paul Supporters (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/bob-barr-attend.html)

September 02, 2008 1:47 PM

ABC News' Nitya Venkataraman Reports from Minneapolis: In an effort to reach out to supporters of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, 2008 Libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr stopped by Paul's Minneapolis "Rally for the Republic" to meet and greet supporters of the Texas congressman.

Barr, a former GOP congressman, told ABC News he respects Paul’s intent not to make an endorsement in the general election, and is "here today because there are thousands of people who believe we need to shrink the power, the size, the scope of the federal government.”

“These are liberty loving Americans and those are my kind of people," Barr claimed.

The Libertarian said he's here to show support for the contender and his group of loyal supporters, many of who are attending Tuesday's rally at the Target Center in Minneapolis. The event builds on Paul's presidential bid, during which he set a record for single-day fundraising on the Web, and in doing so caught the attention of disenchanted members of the Republican Party.

"We're all in this together - we believe in the same things,” Barr said.

“Ron has chosen to work within the Republican Party, I've chosen to work through the Libertarian party through the electoral route, but we all want the same thing," he added.

When asked about the situation with Paul’s delegates at the convention, Barr was empathetic.

“The two of the major parties - Republican and Democrat - will do everything they can to keep a monopoly on the political playing field,” he said.

“And they don't like people that disagree with them inside or outside the party so that doesn't surprise me at all," he continued.

Barr will "absolutely” be reaching out to Paul supporters, saying that in lieu of Paul, whose name will not be on the ballot, his supporters are looking to support a candidate with a similar “freedom” agenda.

“… and that's Bob Barr," he added.

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/433071/33005820

Kludge
09-02-2008, 12:39 PM
How delightfully cheesy :D (@ article)

Captain Bryan
09-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Has Bob Barr qualified for the Minnesota ballot yet?
(Slightly off topic I guess, sorry.)

speciallyblend
09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
barr lost my vote this week, so only have chuck left and not a big fan of the cp,so just might not vote or ,just vote for obama,so mccain will lose...

The_Orlonater
09-04-2008, 06:46 PM

Asshole alert.

qh4dotcom
09-04-2008, 07:05 PM
He was at the Walk4Freedom event at about 4pm Central time. He signed my Revolution Book and he took a photo with me

Jamsie 567
09-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I met Barr he showed up at the Rally just as people started entering the arena. He did a interview and probably took around 15-20 photos. I had an opportunity to shake his hand and take photo with him. He commented he liked my Ron Paul shirt and never seen one like it before.

Jamsie 567
09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
He was at the Walk4Freedom event at about 4pm Central time. He signed my Revolution Book and he took a photo with me

I saw him signing a Manifesto for someone. I wanted to take a picture in case he ever goes back to his old ways HAHA.

Danke
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Yesterday, Bob hit the ground running, speaking at an event in the afternoon sponsored by Minnesotans for Limited Government ...

I was not impressed.

OhioMichael
09-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Digg it:

http://digg.com/politics/Bob_Barr_Attends_Ron_Paul_Rally

The_Orlonater
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
barr lost my vote this week, so only have chuck left and not a big fan of the cp,so just might not vote or ,just vote for obama,so mccain will lose...

Such a wise decision. :rolleyes:

torchbearer
09-07-2008, 04:08 PM

vote reptilian. *hissssss*
we iz everywhere.... hollow earth will rule!

Gin
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
at least write paul in..... I can't vote for Barr either... not on the Ballot... already decided to write in or go with Baldwin

gjvrieze
09-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Kludge
09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Forget Bob Barr, he may not be as bad as McBama, but his voting record (with things like the Patriot Act) leaves much to be desired, vote RP!!!!

Write yourself in. You can have RP set as VP since he knows what he's doing sometimes.

The_Orlonater
09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Ooh the Barr hating came back.

Everyday we're closer to cutting this revolution up into little sectors.
Ok, here's the plan. We can take back our government, by voting for WHOEVER the hell you want in, hell it can be your mom. Write yourself in too.

The write-in voters can go to the left, Barr to the right, Baldwin in the middle, and Nader a little bit above the Baldwin folks.

We can also allow Barack Obama a seat in the office because he is a nice man and a whole lot better then John McCain.

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/barack-obama-is-on-fire.jpg