PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Log Cabin Republicans support?

trispear
09-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I google, but could find nothing definitive - only the opinions of individual members. Do they have an endorsement?

I suppose Giuliani could be competition here.

skiingff
09-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I google, but could find nothing definitive - only the opinions of individual members. Do they have an endorsement?

I suppose Giuliani could be competition here.

Guiuliani? Why?

Are the log cabin Republicans neocons like him?

maiki
09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Andrew Sullivan Likes RP-- example: http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/08/ron-paul-news.html

I think a lot of LCR are against the war in Iraq, too. So no Guiliani.

maiki
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh I noticed you only have individidual opinions, too. NM. However, I do think they are overall negative with Bush over the FMA, and in general are against the war.

FSP-Rebel
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I thought Log Cabin Repubs were the gay vote...

maiki
09-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I thought Log Cabin Repubs were the gay vote...

They are.

disinter
09-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Are the log cabin Republicans neocons like him?

Yes.

LastoftheMohicans
09-02-2007, 12:55 PM
People erroneously believe that libertarians are just "pro-gay" Republicans. Ironically, even though libertarians are tolerant of homosexuals, they do no support most of the so-called "gay rights" agenda. The reason is because most of it violates individual rights. The Log Cabin group supports tolerance for gays and lesbians but is pretty much neocon in the foreign policy. The motivation for this is the desire to distance themselves from the allegedly anti-war Gay Left. This is analogous to the so-called Black Conservative. On economic issues they are pretty sound, but they want to distance themselves from the allegedly anti-war Civil Rights Establishment.

Both groups refuse to evaluate the non-interventionist position on its on merits. They reject it just because people they don't like are, in their opinion, for it.

In reality, both the pro-gay Left and the Civil Rights Establishment are pretty much as pro-war as the neocons. It's all a big shell game.

disinter
09-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Contact them and encourage them to support Ron Paul:

http://online.logcabin.org/contact/

hard@work
09-02-2007, 02:39 PM
hmm.. bet they could help turn California into a red state.

Karsten
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't know, if they supported Ron Paul, wouldn't it lose us a lot of religious voters?