PDA

View Full Version : hehe....

born2drv
09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm a member of a jewelry organization, we have a private message board that people pay $200/mo to gain access to share business related ideas and advice, trade goods for, etc...

it's not really supposed to be used for political purposes, but some guy had the nerve of posting something to the effect of "i'm thinking of voting for fred thompson" and i wrote back to him and the whole community saying FT is a hack and all jewelers should support RON PAUL and went on and on about the IRS, abolishing the fed, how stable gold prices and precious metals would benefit our trade, no more unfair trade in favor of china and other cheap labor nations, letting the whole market traded freely, more states rights, less federal regulations, etc (we get tons of jewelry imported from china) ...

immediately myself and the original poster got rebuked by the admin for posting something political in the business discussion section, but then all the other jewelers started coming out and saying how we all need to back ron paul, and the whole trade should rally around him, etc.... and since we're all paying members the admin isn't just going to kick us all off... it was like a revolt in the community... i'm still a small fish new to the business, but there are lots of old guys in there that are multi-millionaires with multiple stores... and seeing them get excited about ron paul really made my day.

just thought i'd share this with you guys ;)

disinter
09-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Good job!

aknappjr
09-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Great job. You NEED to follow up and email them or PM them and get them on board...Tell them to join meetups, hang Ron Paul signs in their shops, have literature in each of their shops, ect. Its very important that you do this. Strong work.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Props! You are a great example for us all.

born2drv
09-02-2007, 12:30 PM
I think this is a good example of how Ron Paul's message of less-intervention, less taxation and more freedom rights can be used in virtually all industries to their benefit.

A lot of trade people have no clue still who RP is and why he would be the best thing that ever happened to their businesses. We need to get targetted ads, fliers and info so people can infiltrate these niche business organizaitons and preach the benefits RP would have.

I Just joined a local meetup group that promotes small business professionals in general, and I'm going to bring plenty of pro-business and pro-entreprenuer fliers next time I go. We really need to seek out and find these communities.... all of them... lawyers.... real estate agents.... restaurant owners, you name it. And we need to deliver them targeted messages. I think this is one of the best approaches by far. People trust those in their own communities much more then they do the mass media.

FSP-Rebel
09-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Send them a link to Dr. Paul's donation page. Oh, and well done.

gtjwkq
09-02-2007, 12:38 PM
born2drv, I applaud your initiative. Business owners should always be our #1 campaign targets. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12399)

Their businesses will benefit the most with Ron Paul and they have more money to donate than any other kind of supporter.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Great job. You NEED to follow up and email them or PM them and get them on board...Tell them to join meetups, hang Ron Paul signs in their shops, have literature in each of their shops, ect. Its very important that you do this. Strong work.

I'm starting to wonder about suggesting people join Meetups. If they run into one of the ones headed by someone who is co-opting the campaign to further other agendas, they will be completely run off. I'm sick and tired of losing people like this.

RJB
09-02-2007, 12:47 PM
For the Fred supporter: In a friendly manner, refer him to http://fredthompsonforum.com/
just to let him see what his fellow Fred Heads think. This goes for any Fred Head friends of anybody...

JosephTheLibertarian
09-02-2007, 06:26 PM
What's the site?

aknappjr
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm starting to wonder about suggesting people join Meetups. If they run into one of the ones headed by someone who is co-opting the campaign to further other agendas, they will be completely run off. I'm sick and tired of losing people like this.

Yeah that's true. But most meetup organizers (probably the overwhelming majority) are all about Ron Paul and not about themselves. Where would you suggest they turn to actually help the campaign? I think meetup.com is the best thing we've got other than a great message.