PDA

View Full Version : Wash Post: RP did not write The Manifesto?

stu2002
09-02-2008, 06:00 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/01/AR2008090102461.html

Paul Is Here, and the RNC Isn't Happy
Amid Questions of His Book's Authorship, He Hosts 'Counterconvention'

By Matthew Mosk
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 2, 2008; A27

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 1 -- Former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has boasted that he wrote a book slamming the Iraq war and challenging the nation's economic system to continue a grass-roots movement that grew out of his quixotic campaign. The best-selling "The Revolution: A Manifesto" has become the centerpiece of a counterconvention by Paul that he has predicted will attract thousands of supporters to the Twin Cities.

But although the congressman from Texas has repeatedly called the book his own work, it was largely written by an unacknowledged ghostwriter, and it is unclear how much Paul contributed to the final product.

Late last year, Tom Woods, a longtime Paul supporter and libertarian scholar who will be speaking at the counterconvention, sent out copies of the manuscript and indicated that he had written the manifesto on Paul's behalf, according to copies of a letter from Woods and an original manuscript obtained by The Washington Post.

"Enclosed is the manuscript for a book tentatively titled The Revolution: A Manifesto, to be published under Dr. Paul's name," Woods's Dec. 26 letter says. The name of the letter's recipient was redacted. "When my agent shopped the idea around (before I'd actually written the book) back in October, a number of publishers were interested . . ." Woods also wrote that he was "happy to report that Dr. Paul is very pleased with it. He called me with a number of minor changes that I intend to incorporate into the text over the next few days."

Woods confirmed in an interview that the letter is authentic, but said it overemphasizes his role in writing the book. "This is Ron Paul's book in every way," Woods said. When asked if Paul used a ghostwriter, Jesse Benton, his spokesman, said "They are all Dr. Paul's words."

Despite his role, Woods, an author of numerous books under his own name, wrote glowing reviews of Paul's book on libertarian Web sites when it was released by Grand Central Publishing in January. On one, he wrote: "Whatever your expectations for Ron Paul's book . . . I can say with confidence that they have been exceeded. By a mile."

Throughout his campaign and since, Paul has presented himself as an anti-Washington truth teller. His 173-page book has become the extension of a post-campaign movement trying to sustain the grass-roots enthusiasm that made his presidential bid an unlikely success among disaffected Republicans, independents, and some Democrats frustrated by government spending and the nation's aggressive military posture around the world.

The book has become a centerpiece of the shadow convention, which was launched Monday with a book signing. Quotes from the book are being featured on billboards in the Twin Cities and plastered on posters at the nearby Mall of America, encouraging Republicans in town for their party's convention to buy and read Paul's manifesto.

Paul is expecting 10,000 supporters to attend a daylong rally Tuesday, at which numerous libertarian and independent-minded speakers, such as former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura, Grover G. Norquist, and Tucker Carlson, will discuss his agenda for a smaller government, lower taxes and an end to the Iraq war. The convention will be held across the river from the Republican convention, at the arena where the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves play, and will include a performance by blues guitarist Jimmie Vaughan, speeches and panel discussions.

"It's the ideas in the book that brings this together," Paul explained in an interview with The Post on Friday.

Paul said he organized his counterconvention after officials at the Republican National Committee told him he would not be permitted to address their convention. Paul said the RNC has also limited his access to the convention floor, and his movements at the hall will be monitored by the party. He is not supporting John McCain's candidacy, but he said his event should not be viewed as a protest.

"What we're doing is, we're having a rally. It's a celebration not intended to obstruct or complain," Paul said. "It's also to make a point."

In promoting the manifesto, Paul has always described the words as his own. In the interview, Paul described his writing process, saying he wrote the book in long-hand on yellow legal pads as he stumped for votes in the run-up to the presidential primaries. Asked if he had any help writing the book, he said, "The publisher provided editing services."

Woods is a resident scholar at the Ludwig von Mises Institute, where several Paul supporters conduct scholarly work in economics, philosophy and political economy. He said Paul "scratched down a pile of notes," which became the basis for the book. Woods said he collected those thoughts, along with excerpts of Paul's speeches, into the manifesto and sent it to the congressman when he was finished writing it.

"I put it together in a format that would be sensible," Woods said.

It's not unusual for a prominent political figure to employ a ghostwriter for a memoir or political tome, especially in the midst of a presidential campaign.

Woods defended the arrangement, saying, "I mean, this is new? Does anyone call up Hillary Clinton and ask questions like this? That someone no one has heard of took Ron Paul's ideas and pulled them into a book? Isn't that a bit overblown?"

Clinton's most recent book, a memoir, acknowledges the contributions of three others. She credits them for "making sense of mountains of information about my life" and for guiding her efforts "to explain and express my feelings about my time in the White House."

McCain has written several books with adviser Mark Salter, who is credited as a co-author in all of them. Democratic nominee Barack Obama has written two books on his own.

Neither Woods nor Paul would provide details about how much they were paid for working on the book. The manifesto has sold more than 100,000 copies and reached the top of several bestseller lists. Paul said House ethics rules prevented him from being paid anything in advance.

"I have not received any money for the book, even though I potentially might," Paul said. "I am ambivalent on taking the money. I might just donate it to my foundation. That's going to be a decision down the road."

freelance
09-02-2008, 06:08 AM
WOW! What a scandal. An actual ghostwriter! Imagine that. Welcome to the world of publishing.

newyearsrevolution08
09-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Well if Ron Paul didn't write it, who did because I would rather vote for that guy or gal instead lol.

MRoCkEd
09-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Well if Ron Paul didn't write it, who did because I would rather vote for that guy or gal instead lol.
Tom woods put most of it together based on Ron Paul's notes and RP added criticism.

Peace&Freedom
09-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Kind of black hat of Woods to be talking up his book writing in articles all over the internet. Wonder if he's done the same in reverse, and talked up his own work on the web under pseudonyms?

freelance
09-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Ghostwriters pull notes together, interview the author, and put everything together in a format that sells. Mission accomplished.

This is really no big deal. Do you really think that all of those politicians who have written books wrote them by themselves? Probably 90% of them are ghostwritten.

SnappleLlama
09-02-2008, 07:49 AM
OMG, I am so not supporting Ron Paul anymore!! Scandal catz, unite!!!!!

(j/k...cookies for everyone!)

constituent
09-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Kind of black hat of Woods to be talking up his book writing in articles all over the internet. Wonder if he's done the same in reverse, and talked up his own work on the web under pseudonyms?

you mean like glenn greenwald?

Highland
09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
The only thing that is a tad suspect is that Woods works at Ludwig...which is were Lew Rockwell is the President...who was RP's bad ghostwriter! He should stay away from that institute.

nullvalu
09-02-2008, 09:09 AM
The only thing that is a tad suspect is that Woods works at Ludwig...which is were Lew Rockwell is the President...who was RP's bad ghostwriter! He should stay away from that institute.

Ron Paul stay away from von Mises? not likely. Whatever Rockwell (or his staff) may have written in the past, The Revolution is an excellent work. I don't give a rats ass that someone else pulled his notes together into a great book. We all know everything in that book are the words of Ron Paul, it's basically a collaboration of all his campaign speeches, is it not? whatever, i can't believe they felt it newsworthy to inform everyone that Paul used a ghostwriter. I agree with Woods, this is a bit overblown.

Highland
09-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Ron Paul stay away from von Mises? not likely. Whatever Rockwell (or his staff) may have written in the past, The Revolution is an excellent work. I don't give a rats ass that someone else pulled his notes together into a great book. We all know everything in that book are the words of Ron Paul, it's basically a collaboration of all his campaign speeches, is it not? whatever, i can't believe they felt it newsworthy to inform everyone that Paul used a ghostwriter. I agree with Woods, this is a bit overblown.

I think that Rockwell's influence should be limited because that was the first downfall of our campaign. Had he not been so cavalier in his racism and signing RP's name, we would have had a lot more support. I know African Americans who were very supportive of RP until those newsletters were released. It took me and my husband aback as well. So any further relations with the Institute, not the person, would be recommended...which is just MHO

tonesforjonesbones
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, Woods should have been credited so everyone knows the truth. I dont' consider this good news. tones

Anti Federalist
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
I question the timing of this information.

A scandalous non scandal.

Grandson of Liberty
09-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I question the timing of this information.

A scandalous non scandal.

Exactly.

And I suppose Obama and Pelosi didn't have ghost writers, huh? :rolleyes:

Kludge
09-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Exactly.

Ron Paul is supposed to be perfect, and the standard to which we hold all others to.

Did you know Bob Barr voted for the PATRIOT Act??!?!?!

literatim
09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I think that Rockwell's influence should be limited because that was the first downfall of our campaign. Had he not been so cavalier in his racism and signing RP's name, we would have had a lot more support. I know African Americans who were very supportive of RP until those newsletters were released. It took me and my husband aback as well. So any further relations with the Institute, not the person, would be recommended...which is just MHO

I can't believe you simply take all that lousy speculation at face value. There was no proof of who the ghostwriter was and the Mises Institute had nothing to do with the newsletter.

ronpaulitician
09-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, Woods should have been credited so everyone knows the truth.
Yup. Not a real big deal, but...

Grandson of Liberty
09-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Well, Woods should have been credited so everyone knows the truth. I dont' consider this good news. tones

Ghostwriters are rarely credited. . .that's why they're called ghost writers

Highland
09-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I can't believe you simply take all that lousy speculation at face value. There was no proof of who the ghostwriter was and the Mises Institute had nothing to do with the newsletter.

small, ity, bity question...who is the president of the Institute....that would be Rockwell....ie. connection to the Institute. ;)

literatim
09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
small, ity, bity question...who is the president of the Institute....that would be Rockwell....ie. connection to the Institute. ;)

Yes, so? There is no evidence Rockwell was the ghostwriter.

Highland
09-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes, so? There is no evidence Rockwell was the ghostwriter.

No, but the ghostwriter is a subordinate of Rockwell.

gls
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
No, but the ghostwriter is a subordinate of Rockwell.

Where are you getting your information...(t)Reason magazine?

http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/04/02/matt-welch-neocon-mouthpiece/

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
The anti Rockwell vermin never sleeps.

Ron isn't ditching Lew, and that chaps their ass more than anything else in the world.

:D

Highland
09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Where are you getting your information...(t)Reason magazine?

http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/04/02/matt-welch-neocon-mouthpiece/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/01/AR2008090102461.html

Highland
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
The anti Rockwell vermin never sleeps.

Ron isn't ditching Lew, and that chaps their ass more than anything else in the world.

:D

I don't think he should ditch Lew per say....Ron himself distanced himself back in SC when it all came out. I was down there at the time and doing commercials, so it is first hand information.

gls
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM

umm...ok...that article has nothing to do with Lew Rockwell or the newsletters. Nice try though.

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, and having Lew speak today at the Rally is Ron's way of "distancing himself."

Tell it to someone who buys what you're selling.

WOO HOO LEW IS ABOUT TO SPEAK!

:p

Highland
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad/

Those were shot in SC and have been used nationally. I did write that it was my humble opinion and both of you have been rude and questioned my integrity. Unacceptable.

Highland
09-02-2008, 01:52 PM
umm...ok...that article has nothing to do with Lew Rockwell or the newsletters. Nice try though.

It has everything to do with who is running the Institute and who works as his subordinate.

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 01:58 PM
It has everything to do with who is running the Institute and who works as his subordinate.

:rolleyes:

The Kocktopus is vast and has nasty tentacles that attempt to reach even into this forum and choke off support for its enemies, and Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell are its enemies.

Highland
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM

The Kocktopus is vast and has nasty tentacles that attempt to reach even into this forum and choke off support for its enemies, and Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell are its enemies.

I don't follow....All I am saying is that I love Ron Paul and his views....my views are only constructive critisism. We have done commercials, had original artwork created and sold for the cause at the first rally and traveled because we could do video and thought that others needed help....I think I have earned the right to say I think RP should steer clear of Rockwell and ghostwriting. that is all

libertythor
09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Hillary Clinton's "It Takes a Village" was ghost written, and she went out of her way to hide that fact and then refused to acknowledge it. Ron appears to have let the facts stand. :)

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Get off his back Millie. You may like Lew Rockwell but many of us who know the score know what he did and did not do. He could easily have protected Ron and himself but he does not have enough honor or courage to do so.

The fucking indisputable fact of the matter is that Lew Rockwell wrote or oversaw the output of newsletters that were blatantly racist, condescending and inflammatory. I have talked to multiple sources that were there. PERIOD. He may have done it for the best of reasons (fire up his base and raise money, but the fact is he did it. ) Ron Paul's name was on the top of those newsletters. We fell apart on that issue. The newsletters hurt Ron Paul and the pure message that he is selling. Now, one of Ron's weaknesses, yes he has some, is that he is loyal to a fault. So he did not saw Lew off when he clearly should have.

In my mind this movement is about principles, not people. We are all flawed, but good people when they make a mistake admit it, take blame or apologize. We did not see too much out of Mr. Lew Rockwell in that regard, which does not speak to all of the other wonderful things he has done for this movement, it just speaks to who he is and what his character is. The evidence is the message.

I think that is the point the earlier posters were trying to make.

LWL

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't follow....All I am saying is that I love Ron Paul and his views....my views are only constructive critisism. We have done commercials, had original artwork created and sold for the cause at the first rally and traveled because we could do video and thought that others needed help....I think I have earned the right to say I think RP should steer clear of Rockwell and ghostwriting. that is all

You have earned that right and don't let Ms. Doodahs insult you or make you back down. Your points are well taken and I have had the same reaction.

gls
09-02-2008, 02:27 PM
The fucking indisputable fact of the matter is that Lew Rockwell wrote or oversaw the output of newsletters that were blatantly racist, condescending and inflammatory.

According to "Reason" magazine and their liberal allies, you mean.

I have talked to multiple sources that were there. PERIOD.

Please feel free to name these sources if you are so certain of their veracity.

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Please feel free to name these sources if you are so certain of their veracity.

They are still in the Ron Paul organization. I am not going to disclose their names because I received the information in confidence. I have answered the question to my satisfaction. I suppose you have a better alternative explanation?

How do you think the newsletters got written? Huh?

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Did you ever print out and read the newsletters? I did. I conclude that they were racist, condescending and inflamatory. Many other reasonable people came to the same conclusion. I don't give two shits what the people at Treason magazine say.

libertythor
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Did you ever print out and read the newsletters? I did. I conclude that they were racist, condescending and inflamatory. Many other reasonable people came to the same conclusion. I don't give two shits what the people at Treason magazine say.

The comments in context weren't racist. Of course the majority of those in south central LA were on welfare, of course Washington DC has a huge crime problem, and as a gay man I can say that bug chasing is a sick and disturbing trend.

Sorry but the newsletters were just fine.

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
The comments in context weren't racist. Of course the majority of those in south central LA were on welfare, of course Washington DC has a huge crime problem, and as a gay man I can say that bug chasing is a sick and disturbing trend.

Sorry but the newsletters were just fine.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Did you print out and read the newsletters? I wrote the author at Reason and I got a link to newsletters. I think they took it down after a while. They were pretty bad. If you did not see the source documents then please reserve comments. Thank you.

gilliganscorner
09-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Get off his back Millie. You may like Lew Rockwell but many of us who know the score know what he did and did not do. He could easily have protected Ron and himself but he does not have enough honor or courage to do so.

The fucking indisputable fact of the matter is that Lew Rockwell wrote or oversaw the output of newsletters that were blatantly racist, condescending and inflammatory. I have talked to multiple sources that were there. PERIOD. He may have done it for the best of reasons (fire up his base and raise money, but the fact is he did it. ) Ron Paul's name was on the top of those newsletters. We fell apart on that issue. The newsletters hurt Ron Paul and the pure message that he is selling. Now, one of Ron's weaknesses, yes he has some, is that he is loyal to a fault. So he did not saw Lew off when he clearly should have.

In my mind this movement is about principles, not people. We are all flawed, but good people when they make a mistake admit it, take blame or apologize. We did not see too much out of Mr. Lew Rockwell in that regard, which does not speak to all of the other wonderful things he has done for this movement, it just speaks to who he is and what his character is. The evidence is the message.

LWL

Holy fuck. If this is true, and Ron Paul was smeared by something Lou Rockwell wrote, and Lou DID NOT FUCKING STEP FORWARD and admit it, it just buried his character with me. Not that he cares....

The pro-State trolls seized on those damn newletters and lit up every post with racism slurs next to Ron Paul.

Here is an example:

Argument) Ron Paul thinks the Federal Reserve should be abolished because it is unconstitutional and confiscates our productivity via the inflation tax.
Response) Ron Paul is a racist.

Argument) All the money collected from the IRS goes to pay the debt owed to the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul thinks we should abolish the IRS and replace it with nothing. If we stopped unproductively policing the world and brought our troops home, we could easily afford to stop taxing income, return the loot government would have stolen from its rightful owners, and revived the economy, instead of giving Americans silly incentive checks.

Besides, if the MSM drones can publish something Paul didn't do in 1992, I wonder why they give McCain a free pass on something he DID do in 1992:

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

Actually, I don't wonder at all. McCain will support the establishment. And they give him the term "maverick". I don't know about you folks, but I thought when Paul advocated the abolition of the FED and the IRS (amongst a slew of alphabet soup departments foisted upon us by FDR's "New Deal" in response to the FED engineering the Great Depression ON PURPOSE), now that's a maverick!

The media needs to perpetrate the hallucination of a "race to the Presidency", don't they?

libertythor
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Did you print out and read the newsletters? I wrote the author at Reason and I got a link to newsletters. I think they took it down after a while. They were pretty bad. If you did not see the source documents then please reserve comments. Thank you.

I have seen a couple of scanned copies pasted on a forum. Is there a place to find more?

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Holy fuck. If this is true, and Ron Paul was smeared by something Lou Rockwell wrote, and Lou DID NOT FUCKING STEP FORWARD and admit it, it just buried his character with me. Not that he cares....

The pro-State trolls seized on those damn newletters and lit up every post with racism slurs next to Ron Paul.

Here is an example:

Argument) Ron Paul thinks the Federal Reserve should be abolished because it is unconstitutional and confiscates our productivity via the inflation tax.

Argument) All the money collected from the IRS goes to pay the debt owed to the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul thinks we should abolish the IRS and replace it with nothing. If we stopped unproductively policing the world and brought our troops home, we could easily afford to stop taxing income, return the loot government would have stolen from its rightful owners, and revived the economy, instead of giving Americans silly incentive checks.

Besides, if the MSM drones can publish something Paul didn't do in 1992, I wonder why they give McCain a free pass on something he DID do in 1992:

Actually, I don't wonder at all. McCain will support the establishment. And they give him the term "maverick". I don't know about you folks, but I thought when Paul advocated the abolition of the FED and the IRS (amongst a slew of alphabet soup departments foisted upon us by FDR's "New Deal" in response to the FED engineering the Great Depression ON PURPOSE), now that's a maverick!

The media needs to perpetrate the hallucination of a "race to the Presidency", don't they?

Fine, ignore it if you like. Fine, complain that others are worse, and they are. But politics is about principle and winning. We lost enormous support and we lost the moral high ground because Ron Paul's intellectual god father lacks honor. That is my opinion. You can all disagree as much as you like. You may lack honor too.

LWL

llepard
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I have seen a couple of scanned copies pasted on a forum. Is there a place to find more?

Go to the Reason website. They might still be there. David something at Reason may be able to help you find them. He wrote the articles. I have them at home, I will try to dig them out and pdf them.

gilliganscorner
09-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Fine, ignore it if you like. Fine, complain that others are worse, and they are. But politics is about principle and winning. We lost enormous support and we lost the moral high ground because Ron Paul's intellectual god father lacks honor. That is my opinion. You can all disagree as much as you like.

LWL

A don't follow, Larry. I am stunned by this news.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Go to the Reason website. They might still be there. David something at Reason may be able to help you find them. He wrote the articles. I have them at home, I will try to dig them out and pdf them.

WHAT are you doing, Larry? :confused:

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 03:08 PM
They are still in the Ron Paul organization. I am not going to disclose their names because I received the information in confidence. I have answered the question to my satisfaction. I suppose you have a better alternative explanation?

How do you think the newsletters got written? Huh?

Larry, the same way most newsletters get written. Most are farmed out to various freelance writers. The editor specifies the topic and authors step up to write them. The resultant articles are supposed to be vetted before they go in the newsletter itself. Apparently, some bad ones slipped through the cracks. Someone WAS fired for that back then. It was an editor.

This has been blown way out of proportion.

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
The Kochtopus has long and nasty tentacles....

they own many people...

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Question. Isn't REASON funded by CATO? The very same CATO that came out in support of Giuliani for President? The very same CATO who Murray Rothbard split with years ago, because they had crossed over to the darkside and were no longer libertarians?

CATO has a bone to pick with the Mises Institute. They want to destroy it and with it, the last vestige of true libertarianism. If they have to take Ron Paul down to do it, they were quite willing and anxious to do it.

Don't fall for it. These pseudo-libertarians are to true libertarianism, the very same thing that neoconservatives are to true conservatism.

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Familiarize yourself with the Kochtopus and the vendetta against Rothbard, Rockwell, and Paul.

Read here:

http://www.karendecoster.com/blog/archives/002884.html

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM

What? Rockwell was asked to head up The Mises Institute by Ludwig von Mises' widow! Isn't that good enough for you? Geesh.

Feenix566
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Who cares???

MsDoodahs
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
My apologies, I meant to post this link to Karen's work rather than the link I posted above.

http://www.karendecoster.com/blog/archives/002714.html#002714

cary
09-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Justin Raimondo tackled the charges of racism head-on, point-by-point, in this article:

Taki's Magazine: Why the Beltway Libertarians Are Trying to Smear Ron Paul (http://www.takimag.com/site/article/why_the_beltway_libertarians_are_trying_to_smear_r on_paul/)

It puts into fuller context the old newsletter passages that have been showcased as proof of racism. It shows that the points being made, contrary to out-of-context quotes, are defensible libertarian views, and hardly evidence of racism.

He also shows what lengths certain vested interests (in addition to obvious statists) will go to smear people associated with the Mises Institute.

As we see, in the media temple of political correctness, high priests banish those who do not support awarding tax-funded medals to Rosa Parks. Other sins are dealt with more severely.

One of the purest pleasures of Ron's campaign was seeing his courage, standing on a national stage saying things that are not supposed to be said. But not even Ron dared defend the newsletters, knowing that, no matter how defensible the views, he would be swept away instantly on a tsunami of smear and condemnation. It simply was not worth it.

constituent
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
The Kochtopus has long and nasty tentacles....

they own many people...

i'm glad you spelled it right this time. your point is enormously important, whether it applies here or not.

i understood what you meant by "Kocktopus," but others might not have gotten it.

Highland
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM

LWL

QFT.....thank you .... I am a she! That was exactly the point I wanted to make...that Lew should have owned up to it. Thanks

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 06:58 PM
QFT.....thank you .... I am a she! That was exactly the point I wanted to make...that Lew should have owned up to it. Thanks

IF he did it. I'm sure you don't think he should own up to it, if he didn't do it, right?

C'mon, folks. Don't we have more important things to focus on?

OUR COUNTRY IS DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we going to do something to stop it, or are we going to sit here debating about a couple of newsletters that were written DECADES ago and whether Ron had a ghostwriter for his book? :rolleyes:

RSLudlum
09-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Exactly.

LOL...and we all know JFK authored his own books too <wink wink>

Highland
09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
IF he did it. I'm sure you don't think he should own up to it, if he didn't do it, right?

C'mon, folks. Don't we have more important things to focus on?

OUR COUNTRY IS DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we going to do something to stop it, or are we going to sit here debating about a couple of newsletters that were written DECADES ago and whether Ron had a ghostwriter for his book? :rolleyes:

I am just not blind to our human tenancies...and RP is loyal to a fault...bless his heart. He believes the best in people...that is why we love him, he believes in us as Americans! It really isn't a huge deal...about the ghost writer thing, I just am pointing out that Lew was the crack in our amour. I wanted him to win and did every thing I could. We still offer the free downloads on the commercials...torchbearer downloaded the other day for some work in Louisiana for RP grassroots. So any way...everyone has flaws...we shouldn't make him bigger than he is or wants to be.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Can we move on now?

Highland
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Can we move on now?

Sure....you are a very nice moderator. :)