PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU ARE AT ST PAUL OR KNOW HOW TO REACH SOMEONE WHO IS PLEASE POST!!(delegates or

Jdayh
09-02-2008, 05:20 AM
we need to establish a consistent news stream both from the RALLY.... and more importantly....at the convention....

Please post below if you are there, or no someone who is ..and can get a hold of them if necessary!!!

This will provide as much correct information as possible....

newyearsrevolution08
09-02-2008, 05:31 AM
makes enough sense to make sense indeed

Matt Davidson
09-02-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm at the RNC.

Top news stories right now:

After the CFL cut off the mikes repeatedly during a Q&A at the Leadership Summit yesterday, a lot of us are disappointed. We're meeting this morning before the rally to discuss what we can do to bring more openness and cooperation to the CFL than we saw from the PCC.

Ron Paul will be on the floor of the convention wednesday at some point, so watch for that. That's all I will say.

This news of negotiations between RP and McCain is making some sense after we caused a little fuss at the RNC opening night reception. A lot of delegates gathered before leaving for the RP delegate reception and chanted "Ron Paul! Ron Paul!" while walking out. I think the McCain people are worried about some disruptions during the McCain speech. That's all I will say.

GunnyFreedom
09-02-2008, 07:02 AM
The guy that had his mic cut off, only did so after his complaint about Ron Paul was answered FOR THE FIFTH TIME IN A ROW. The rest of us didn't shell out our hard earned money to listen to a lazy person who wanted HQ to do everything for him bitch about Ron Paul all day. If the hadn't cut his mic, the convention itself would have mobbed him and stuffed him in a closet.

Matt Davidson
09-02-2008, 07:08 AM
This man is anything but lazy. I spoke with him at length and he has a good reason to be upset. He worked on the philly rally. I don't know if you remember the campaign tried to move that... we he and the other philly people made it happen only after driving down to the HQ in Arlington and putting up a fight with the campaign.

I'd suggest you speak with him before coming to these conclusions. There is a great deal of concern and it is quite valid in my opinion.

Personally I just want the leadership to be accountable and cooperative and that's all. We certainly didn't see that yesterday with the "Take it or leave it" attitude... It's a sad situation.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Are you talking about Bob?

pauletteNV
09-02-2008, 07:24 AM
A report I got from the convention states: "From everything we've heard, there is virtually no chance for dissent at this convention. EVERYTHING is completely scripted, and the mics do not even get turned on until the right person is standing there, ready to make the pre-approved statement, motion, etc. It is all show. A lot of our national delegates (and we actually garnered about 300 from around the country), were trying to come up with ways to get around the script-- but they are (or were) under the impression that the National Convention would remotely resemble the state conventions. It should-- but doesn't."

One begins to wonder why these conventions and elections are held at all, when the people have no say. Durn, they sewed the flaps of the open tent closed again.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 07:27 AM
One begins to wonder why these conventions and elections are held at all, when the people have no say. Durn, they sewed the flaps of the open tent closed again.

That's why, hopefully, the C4L is going to hand out a ton of seam-rippers through the training at this Rally and beyond. :)