PDA

View Full Version : Professional commercial by professional people

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Ok, I'm getting tired of this. I have a team in LA that wants to make a professional commercial. I'm trying to get things together. Skiingff is managing the TV commercial stuff, but he doesn't want to put the investment in to make a pro commercial.

Let me spell this out because people don't get this. If we don't make something good, 1 - we won't inspire people to vote Ron Paul, but turn them away, and 2 - we won't create good fundraising to air it across the country.

My guy who wants to do this commercial is currently working with a 4 time Academy Award nominated director. We KNOW what we're doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.. I'm starting to get pissed again.. I'll come back to this thread later when I've chilled out a bit

constituent
09-02-2007, 11:41 AM
so what's the deal dj? where to from here?

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
The production is going to cost something around 6K. Skiingff doesn't like this, so is backing away. Not only that, but he's not even telling me he's going to cancel. In fact, I'm *going* to cancel by 6PM today my time (CT) if I don't hear anything from him, because I don't want to look bad.

If it was up to me, I'd make the investment for a good commercial. But it's not up to me. It's up to Skiingff. He's the one running this thing.

constituent
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
oic....

hmmmmm.... check your PM

Lord Xar
09-02-2007, 12:17 PM
The production is going to cost something around 6K. Skiingff doesn't like this, so is backing away. Not only that, but he's not even telling me he's going to cancel. In fact, I'm *going* to cancel by 6PM today my time (CT) if I don't hear anything from him, because I don't want to look bad.

If it was up to me, I'd make the investment for a good commercial. But it's not up to me. It's up to Skiingff. He's the one running this thing.

I am confused. Skiingff is running his thing, why not do yours. I am doing my own thing too. 6k is alot of dough for a commercial. Personally, I thought you were already moving forward with this on your own - I didn't know you were waiting on things.

From what I understnad, and PM me privately if things get more on a personal/course of action level - skiingff was doing the spotrunner ad, getting voice-overs and you were gonna do your own commercial for 2-3K?

I am not sure what you are asking for? The money to move forward or ?

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, I'd love to be able to fund this commercial because I really want it done.

But I have *nothing* to do with this whole thing. I am just helping with getting him to the right people. It's not like you can just walk into a studio and get a commercial done. Especially for such a low price.

If I have to take over, I would. Unfortunately, I literally have close to no money to do this. That is what the commitment of skiingff was - to provide funding and to manage this whole thing.

Now he's flaking and my people are wondering what's going on. He's supposed to work with me to negotiate and earn a good price/production that would be good for television. But now he's just blowing me off, like it's my project. It's not!

I'm just the messenger! I'm putting way too much effort into this, as clear if you think I'm doing this myself! lol.

Skiingff needs to own up to reality. If he wants to do the 'spotrunner' ad and blow me off, fine, but freaking communicate. I think it's a mistake to not do this professionally. But, that's just my opinion. I have no say in the final product. Skiingff is the one running things. I'm about 4 hours and 20 minutes away from calling the whole thing off.

Lord Xar
09-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Well, I'd love to be able to fund this commercial because I really want it done.

But I have *nothing* to do with this whole thing. I am just helping with getting him to the right people. It's not like you can just walk into a studio and get a commercial done. Especially for such a low price.

If I have to take over, I would. Unfortunately, I literally have close to no money to do this. That is what the commitment of skiingff was - to provide funding and to manage this whole thing.

Now he's flaking and my people are wondering what's going on. He's supposed to work with me to negotiate and earn a good price/production that would be good for television. But now he's just blowing me off, like it's my project. It's not!

I'm just the messenger! I'm putting way too much effort into this, as clear if you think I'm doing this myself! lol.

Skiingff needs to own up to reality. If he wants to do the 'spotrunner' ad and blow me off, fine, but freaking communicate. I think it's a mistake to not do this professionally. But, that's just my opinion. I have no say in the final product. Skiingff is the one running things. I'm about 4 hours and 20 minutes away from calling the whole thing off.

Well. I think you should contact skiingf via PM rather than making it look like he is flaking. We are all a team here. Personally, I "thought" You were doing your 'own' commercial, skii was doing his.

From what I understand, skiingff is stressed too. He is managing this all right now and its a tough load to handle. This is why I have been on the downlow with my own thing because it gets "VERY" stressful. As a person who has been following this, I just thought skiingff was gonna do the NH and surrounding states... get the commercial done etc.. and THEN get the funding. I am not sure how you can get the 6k commercial done without funding and MOST persons do not like to pay for something they can't actually see yet. I understand your frustrations, but perhaps you should call him.

If you want - lets perhaps get on a 3-way chat or conference call.

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
We're settled

slantedview
09-02-2007, 12:53 PM
There's really no need for this to be a public conversation.

As for having separate people work on separate commercials, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I think DJ has been trying the other route, but it is not working. So, he is bringing it to our attention.

Quite frankly, I don't see how one person can coordinate something as big as this. I think we need a small coordination team, with each person taking on some of the responsibility. I mean geez. There is the content and all that entails, fundraising, negotiation with the production folks, product placement, etc.

This is ridiculous. There needs to be some open discussion between DJ, Skiing and I nominate, Lord Xar, as facilitator. ;) How about a conference call? Sometimes when the parties involved can talk through things in real time, solutions are quickly reached.

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Me and skiing are chatting now.

McDermit
09-02-2007, 05:23 PM
if you don't getamywhere with skiing, my girlfriend and I will comsider taking the project on. Keep us up to date

james1844
09-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to offer all of you some kudos for doing this. One thing to understand is that this is a voluntary effort, so nobody is really "in charge". Because of this sometimes communication is going to get confused.

That said, I wanted to encourage you guys in your effort. Keep going, keep working on those ads. I for one, really appreciate it. Paul is the best candidate in the field, and we've got to keep this one going!

Best,

James

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Alright, looks like we've got everything worked out. We're going to do a hybrid of the 1st place script and the rally, with footage of Ron Paul.

Everyone's on board and we all are on the same page. I for one am very, very excited. Ben, the producer for this project, has a good vision and this commercial is going to be good. Really good.

Game on.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 06:19 PM
YEA!!! :D Thanks so much, guys!

BillyDkid
09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
This is getting really confusing for those of us who want to or have donated to this (these???) projects. I guess things are settled, right? We have to avoid letting everything get twisted beyond recognition with infighting and confusion. I am planning on donating more when I get next paid - I just want to feel confident that my donation is doing some good. Sometimes I feel like I would be better off donating to the campaign itself, but then I don't have a clue what the campaign is doing or if they are doing anything. Where is their NH commercial? Where is their full page ad? If name recognition is really the issue - what, specifically, are they doing about it?

skiingff
09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
This is getting really confusing for those of us who want to or have donated to this (these???) projects. I guess things are settled, right? We have to avoid letting everything get twisted beyond recognition with infighting and confusion. I am planning on donating more when I get next paid - I just want to feel confident that my donation is doing some good. Sometimes I feel like I would be better off donating to the campaign itself, but then I don't have a clue what the campaign is doing or if they are doing anything. Where is their NH commercial? Where is their full page ad? If name recognition is really the issue - what, specifically, are they doing about it?

Rest assured, my friend, your donation went to good use. Ads WILL air to a geographic area of over 190,000 residents in New Hampshire from September 17 to September 24, for Constitution day on September 17 and the whole week. Over 165 ads will air in Merrimack/Londonderry, New Hampshire throughout the week. This is the ad on operationnh.com (with voiceover changes).

What we're talking about is the professional ad, which has been planned from day 1. The ad on the Op NH website is not the professional ad, it is a temporary one.