PDA

View Full Version : Another update from Ronstock!

malkusm
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
(If you missed my update from this morning, you can find it here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152715 )

Another day in Minnesota, a lot more fun events. Today we got to sleep in here at the campground, had fresh coffee delivered in the morning and headed into town around noon to the Rosedale (I think?) shopping center north of St. Paul, where Dr. Paul signed books at the Borders book store. When I say he signed books....I mean he did nothing but sign copies of the Manifesto from 1-3 PM. The entire center was filled with Paul signs and shirts, and we turned quite a few heads there (and told them to look the man up ;) ).

Afterwards, we went looking for the picnic hosted by the Minnesotans for Limited Government in Langford Park close by. Unfortunately, our car ended up getting lost and we went down to the downtown of St. Paul, where the anti-war rally was still going on. The 50-foot constitution that we carried the day before in Minneapolis made another appearance in this one, we saw it being carried very near the Xcel Energy Center, even though no convention transpired there today.

Unfortunately, we missed Bob Barr speaking at the picnic, but did make it in time to see the Walk 4 Freedom guys introduced individually, and to hear Dr. Paul speak (he basically went straight from the book signing to the picnic). We enjoyed brats and burgers there before heading north of town to the suburb of Blaine for the Nation Celebration.

The Nation Celebration had probably about 1,500 attendees to hear Rick Ellis (who did a great Louis Armstrong impression in addition to his Sinatra), Marc Scibilia Band, Aimee Allen, and Rockie Lynne, with B.J. Lawson emceeing and doing a great job (he's an excellent speaker, I'm impressed). Also in attendance was former Senator Barry Goldwater Jr. (who I got my picture taken with...which I will get sent to me via e-mail in time). I also got lucky enough to get passes to the "backstage" area to hang out with the Marc Scibilia band, which was awesome as well.

At the end Ron Paul gave a fairly lengthy speech which I'm guessing someone will post here, if it's not already up somewhere :D . Here at Ronstock we were supposed to have quite a few special guests making appearances tonight, but apparently there was a mix-up with the directions and they were not able to make it.

This might be my last update from Minnesota, since tomorrow is packed - the Rally for the Republic all day, followed by a sweet after-party with Jimmie Vaughan which lasts until 4 AM (!!!), and I leave the Land of 10,000 Lakes at 6 AM Wednesday :( . If I get a chance though I'll be checking in one more time. Good night from Ronstock! :D

LibertyEagle
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Have much fun, Mal! :)

james1844
09-02-2008, 07:14 AM
If you guys like BJ Lawson, please feel free to check out his campaign webpage.

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com

Not only is he a good talker, he's also got some good proposed policies.

amy31416
09-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Ayo, can u guyz get a pic, yo, of Shemdogg sleepin' wit da cowz an shit?

(Thanks for the update Mal!)

Indy Vidual
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Enjoy today! :)

Conza88
09-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Ayo, can u guyz get a pic, yo, of Shemdogg sleepin' wit da cowz an shit?

(Thanks for the update Mal!)

Haha! :D

</...........................\>

Jealoussssss.... :( ->>> *sheds tear*

I wantz to be there, so bad.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/421990057_159d0760d9.jpg