PDA

View Full Version : Any word from any of "our" delegates?

pepperpete1
09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
This was posted on UPI.com:

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 1 (UPI) -- Republican National Committee delegates in St. Paul, Minn., Monday adopted a platform that the resolutions chair said presented new solutions for America.

"We reached beyond Washington to reach all Americans ... to share their ideas and dreams for future," said Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California, co-chair of the resolutions committee. The platform "is guided by American principles."

McCarthy said the platform reflected Republican ideals on energy, taxes and government, and the committee was confident that the platform would address U.S. issues now and in the future.

"This platform presents Americans hopes and dreams, offers solutions and reclaims enduing principles," he said. "Yes, we are a party of mavericks."

Other committee reports include recommending House Minority Leader John Boehner of Ohio as permanent RNC convention chairman.

The credentials committee said it resolved three state challenges arising from Massachusetts, Washington and Nevada.

It appears as though they presented the platform, that we in Michigan voted down 2 to 1 at our state convention.

Also, what did the credentials committee decide on the challenge from the state of Louisiana??

Anyone have info?

pepperpete1
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Has any of our delegates reported what has been happening?

Does anyone here have the ability to contact any of them?

I thought I read in some newspaper account that they were not going to have an acclaimation.

What happened to the challenge from Louisiana way back when??

Sally08
09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Has any of our delegates reported what has been happening?

Does anyone here have the ability to contact any of them?

I thought I read in some newspaper account that they were not going to have an acclaimation.

What happened to the challenge from Louisiana way back when??

See this thread for "real-time" commentary:)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152770

Also, see if you see any thread titles of interest at http://www.dailypaul.com/forum.

CNN and CSPAN had online coverage; I believe CSPAN is covering the Rally tomorrow, as well.

Apparently, since Gustav is not as bad as expected, the original RNC schedule may be back in place with McCain accepting his nomination on Thursday night:eek: