PDA

View Full Version : McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing

0zzy
09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
ST. PAUL, Minn. | The McCain campaign, acting through the Republican National Committee, has been negotiating with Rep. Ron Paul to win his support and acquire the names of his sympathizers among the 4,607 delegates and alternates at the Republican National Convention, according to a senior aide to the Texas congressman.

The aim is to try to win support for the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket from Paul sympathizers, some of whom formally committed to Mr. Paul during his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination and others of whom are closet sympathizers of his libertarian brand of Republicanism.

Sen. McCain and national party strategists worry that Mr. Paul's sympathizers will vote for Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party candidate and former Republican congressman who shares many of Mr. Paul's views.

Mr. Paul has refused to endorse Mr. McCain, and Mr. McCain's operatives have refused to let him address the Republican National Convention.

Read more at Washington Times dot com (http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/02/mccain-negotiating-with-paul-to-win-backing-suppor/)

Well gee golly, I feel special! They want MY vote! I mean, I'm flattered and all, but, I can't cast my vote for Mr. Neocon, sorry!

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
If they wouldn't give him a platform to speak from then why would he back anything on that platform anyways?

Kalifornia
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
This goes to show you that the Palin pick for VP WAS intended to woo the right, including Paulites.

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
mainly for the lady vote, I don't think they are worried about our support or votes to be honest. We didn't even dent the votes, hell huckabee beat us lol..

if anything they would want a female who is super christian while enjoys the right to an abortion to really seal the deal.

0zzy
09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
This goes to show you that the Palin pick for VP WAS intended to woo the right, including Paulites.

My family now attends to vote for them, I can't stop em :{. My aunt voted Republican every year since whenever she started voting, I am assuming my grandpa too, and they weren't going to vote for McCain and were about to sit it out till the news broke that Palin was on the ticket.

hopeforamerica
09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Bwahahahaha! Good luck with that one.

gjvrieze
09-01-2008, 07:53 PM

DisabledVet
You cant always get what you want.....but sometimes ....you get what you need.

We need a new president....we WANTED Paul, but do we want Obama or McCain.

Yet again we are faced with cooing the lesser of tow evils, and yes we are still choosing evil, but less evil is still better than more.

RideTheDirt
ST. PAUL, Minn. | The McCain campaign, acting through the Republican National Committee, has been negotiating with Rep. Ron Paul to win his support and acquire the names of his sympathizers among the 4,607 delegates and alternates at the Republican National Convention, according to a senior aide to the Texas congressman.

The aim is to try to win support for the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket from Paul sympathizers, some of whom formally committed to Mr. Paul during his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination and others of whom are closet sympathizers of his libertarian brand of Republicanism.

Sen. McCain and national party strategists worry that Mr. Paul's sympathizers will vote for Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party candidate and former Republican congressman who shares many of Mr. Paul's views.

Mr. Paul has refused to endorse Mr. McCain, and Mr. McCain's operatives have refused to let him address the Republican National Convention.This is what they are after. They know they will be completely humiliated when the delegates revolt!

Edit:Ron is probably so excited for tomorrow!!

georgiaboy
09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Full article:

McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing
Gunning for valuable but loyal supporter list
Ralph Z. Hallow THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Comment
Print
Listen
Font Size Share
Got a Question?
You Report

Mr. Paul has refused to endorse Mr. McCain, and Mr. McCain's operatives have refused to let him address the Republican National Convention.

As a result, Mr. Paul decided to hold a rally of his own Tuesday billed as the "Campaign for Liberty." Initially set to be held at the University of Minnesota's 11,000-seat Williams Arena, it has been moved to the far-larger Target Center in Minneapolis. Mr. Paul said in an interview that he expects to attract up to 18,000 people.

Earlier this year, the congressman shocked the party establishment by twice setting single-day fundraising records during his quest for the Republican presidential nomination.

He has a donors list of about 180,000 people that Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said would do the McCain campaign no good because the loyalty of those donors is not transferable.

Mr. Benton said Mr. Paul is negotiating with convention officials - who are in effect McCain campaign representatives - for permission to make the rounds on the convention floor Wednesday in the company of his personal security guard, communications director and political aides.

Mr. Paul has said he will speak respectfully about Mr. McCain in return for the convention granting the entourage access to the floor of the Xcel Energy Center. Mr. Paul, as a member of Congress and a member of the Texas delegation, automatically has floor access for himself.

Earlier negotiations to have Mr. Paul address the convention fell through because the congressman would not change his position on the war in Iraq, which he opposes as needless and self-defeating for the United States.

He also was denied permission to address the Republican Platform Committee last week in Minneapolis, Mr. Benton said. He said Mr. Paul wanted to discuss the foreign-policy planks in the platform, but the McCain forces who controlled the platform proceedings, as well as the Rules Committee and the Credentials Committee, objected.

The McCain campaign is concerned about the impact of Mr. Paul's rally Tuesday, which is expected to attract many young, first-time voters and is being referred to in much of the press as a "counter-convention."

ROD LAMKEY JR./THE WASHINGTON TIMES One-time Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas has thus far refused to endorse the GOP nominee-to-be. Mr. Paul on Tuesday will host a rally of his own.

Mr. Paul, in an interview with The Washington Times, said he doesn't regard the event as a counter-convention so much as a big-stage training session for future cadres of the party - cadres who see the world Mr. Paul's way.

Asked whether he really thinks he can influence the party to be less hawkish on war, he said, "No, not at the upper level. You know, I'm not going to convert [Vice President] Dick Cheney. He's going to be always a neoconservative. ...

"But what we are also doing here is training thousands of people and encouraging them to be involved in precinct work, and then getting involved in the Republican Party and have an influence that way."

Some conservatives, including several prominent Republicans, privately support Mr. Paul's aim, which they see as taking the party back from its neoconservative wing and restoring it to a tradition of limited-government conservatism.

He was asked why he was holding "training events" - one of which consists mostly of music groups performing - during the convention..

"Because this is where the action is," Mr. Paul said with a smile.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

It'll be really, really interesting to see what reaction a Ron Paul Entourage would have on the convention floor.

Michael Landon
09-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Good luck with that, McCain. I think you'll probably have a better chance of getting Clinton to support you.

I won't be voting for McCain. It's Barr or Baldwin for me.

- ML

Roxi
09-01-2008, 07:58 PM
i think your wrong about this.... over a million people cast their votes for RP in the primaries, and thats a considerable amount of people when you think... is the difference in votes in the general election between mcLame and nobama gonna be more than a million? no i dont think so... not only that but there are ron paul campaign staffers now working for local GOP offices and yes even the mccain campaign. so yeah i think they got a two-fer picking sarah palin, they got a big chunk of the womens vote, and a (the prospect) of a million ron paul votes...

Im not saying mcLames people were like, "the only way we will win this against nobama is to get all of RP's supporters"
but i do think the threat of how many of us there are, (and growing) plus the percentages that bob barr is pulling in, the MSM not making him their golden boy (except readers digest) and a few other factors made the palin decision for the mccain camp.... go ahead call me a conspiracy theorist

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
i think your wrong about this.... over a million people cast their votes for RP in the primaries, and thats a considerable amount of people when you think... is the difference in votes in the general election between mcLame and nobama gonna be more than a million? no i dont think so... not only that but there are ron paul campaign staffers now working for local GOP offices and yes even the mccain campaign. so yeah i think they got a two-fer picking sarah palin, they got a big chunk of the womens vote, and a (the prospect) of a million ron paul votes...

Im not saying mcLames people were like, "the only way we will win this against nobama is to get all of RP's supporters"
but i do think the threat of how many of us there are, (and growing) plus the percentages that bob barr is pulling in, the MSM not making him their golden boy (except readers digest) and a few other factors made the palin decision for the mccain camp.... go ahead call me a conspiracy theorist

conspiracy theorist is right above me, watch out everyone :eek:

Roxi
09-01-2008, 08:04 PM

mtmedlin
09-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Ive decided to switch and support this ticket!!!

as soon as McCain steps down and it is Paul/Palin.

gjvrieze
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I would vote THAT ticket but not if it was palin/paul

I wish people would realize the difference in this damn forum as well.

inibo
09-01-2008, 08:10 PM
ive decided to switch and support this ticket!!!

As soon as mccain steps down and it is paul/palin.

lol

pacelli
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
All McCain has to do to win our support is stand down, let Dr. Paul take the reigns, and we will be glad to vote the GOP ticket.

SLSteven
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Wow, this is huge, RP could maybe get to speak at the RNC,

Yeah, now that the convention is non existant

ifthenwouldi
09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
This article cracked me up.

Talk about things that are never going to happen...

tonesforjonesbones
09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Ron Paul should tell McCain I will endorse if you give me Secretary of Treasury. I think that's fair. A million votes for Secretary of Treasury. Tones

voytechs
09-01-2008, 08:18 PM

Yet again we are faced with cooing the lesser of tow evils, and yes we are still choosing evil, but less evil is still better than more.

That's absurd what you are saying. You never vote for lesser of 2 evils. Evil is evil. If you feel that you only have a choice of better of 2 evils, its better that people stay home and not vote than to give legitimacy to any neo-con agenda.

In my personal opinion it would be best if only 1% of the population came out and voted since. This would clearly send a message to the US and entire world that we want a better choice and elections no longer work.

Another words, either vote your conscience or don't vote at all. If a personal does vote, then don't try and justify that vote as a vote of lesser of 2 evils and that you are in some way helping. You are now part of the system which are planning on helping to support - live with it.

Dorfsmith
09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Ha ha ha. Nice try John boy. I'm voting third party and there's nothing you can do to change my mind :D

ifthenwouldi
09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Ron Paul should tell McCain I will endorse if you give me Secretary of Treasury. I think that's fair. A million votes for Secretary of Treasury. Tones

Except that people are not actually exaggerating when they call him a true statesman. His principles cannot be bought.

And, hopefully, neither can all of his supporters'.

ChickenHawk
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
This ain't ever gunna happen, but the foaming of mouths and gnashing of teeth that would occur on this forum if it did would be highly entertaining.

Menthol Patch
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm equally terrified of McCain and Obama.

I will not vote for either one of them.

I would not vote for either one of them for 100 Billion dollars.

NEPA_Revolution
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM

I would vote for one for 100 billion as long as I got the money first. After that I would launch a massive multi-billion dollar advertising campaign for Barr

voytechs
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Wouldn't work. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually offered something like that just to get all RP supporters to vote of McWar. He would probably fire Dr. Paul the day of the inauguration (his prerogative) and be done with it. He probably wouldn't actually use the word "suckers" in his speech though.

Richie
09-01-2008, 08:26 PM

With all due respect, I believe that your opinion regarding voting for the lesser of the two evils is severely misguided.

1. Voting for evil implies that you agree with evil.

2. I admit it - I can't always get what I want. However, unless I vote FOR what I want, the time will never come when I actually get what I want.

3. Neither the Democrats or Republicans have nominated a candidate of integrity and quality. If you continue to vote for these second class candidates, they will continue being nominated.

NEPA_Revolution
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Here is my vision. Ron Paul takes the podium at the RNC.... starts talking about how wonderful McCain is and then................ wham................ Rick Astley jumps out of a secret door and Rick Rolls the entire convention. Epic Win.

itshappening
09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
they're really worried about Bob Barr because they're even trying to get him knocked off ballots

NH4RonPaul
09-01-2008, 08:29 PM

Yep I knew this was all about that... because after all he could not come back after he shot his big mouth off and said he did not need us.

This was to please y'all.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/02/mccain-negotiating-with-paul-to-win-backing-suppor/

Richie
09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
they're really worried about Bob Barr because they're even trying to get him knocked off ballots

What does this topic have to do with Bob Barr?

PatriotOne
09-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Too little, too late. The neo-cons have conceded nothing for our vote and I don't care if God himself showed up at my front door asking me to vote for McCain. I would not do it. The only way to win this revolution is to show the neocons the door during this election. Only then do we have any bargaining power with them in 2012. Neocons do not negotiate at this point, they only con you. If we cave, we lose all negotiating power in 2012.

gjvrieze
09-01-2008, 08:32 PM

voytechs
Ha ha ha. Nice try John boy. I'm voting third party and there's nothing you can do to change my mind :D

Which part of this sentence didn't you read:

Another words, either vote your conscience or don't vote at all.

If 3rd party is your conscience then vote 3rd party. If we all did that we wouldn't be having this discussion.

inibo
This ain't ever gunna happen, but the foaming of mouths and gnashing of teeth that would occur on this forum if it did would be highly entertaining.

http://i.pbase.com/o4/98/583898/1/63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

aravoth
09-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Dear Senator Mccain,

Kiss my ass.

Sincerely,

Ken Edwards

Highland
09-01-2008, 08:36 PM
They only want Dr. Paul's support because of our fund raising capabilities...That is why.

Dorfsmith
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Which part of this sentence didn't you read:

If 3rd party is your conscience then vote 3rd party. If we all did that we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I was talking to John McCain. If your name is John too it was simply a coincidence. :D

amy31416
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Yep I knew this was all about that... because after all he could not come back after he shot his big mouth off and said he did not need us.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/02/mccain-negotiating-with-paul-to-win-backing-suppor/

Interesting article. But I will never support McCain unless he stops promoting war(s). While I think Palin's okay, if she supports these outrageous wars, she's dead to me too.

AJ Antimony
09-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh, well if Ron Paul is allowed to walk on the convention floor, then I'll definitely vote for McCain!

NOT!!!!!

voytechs
09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I was talking to John McCain. If your name is John too it was simply a coincidence. :D

ok - I get it now - :o

Dorfsmith
09-01-2008, 08:41 PM
ok - I get it now - :o

LOL, don't worry about it. If I had a dime for every post I read wrong I'd be as rich as McCain.

Highland
09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
It is all about our fund raising capabilities! the only thing they did today was try and raise money to beat The Obama $$$$ machine! We will never vote for McStain!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-01-2008, 08:44 PM
What does this topic have to do with Bob Barr?

Read the article? Apparently not.

amy31416
09-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh, well if Ron Paul is allowed to walk on the convention floor, then I'll definitely vote for McCain!

NOT!!!!!

Shhhh....let's pretend that we'd vote McCain if he lets Paul speak at the convention.

Then pull the ole "PSYCHE!" He doesn't need us, remember?

Okay, one step closer to being completely disgusted with politics.

pinkmandy
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Too little, too late. The neo-cons have conceded nothing for our vote and I don't care if God himself showed up at my front door asking me to vote for McCain. I would not do it. The only way to win this revolution is to show the neocons the door during this election. Only then do we have any bargaining power with them in 2012. Neocons do not negotiate at this point, they only con you. If we cave, we lose all negotiating power in 2012.

*standing ovation*

I have to giggle at him groveling for our votes to Dr. Paul after all the snide comments, snickering, giggles, and name calling. As always, Dr. Paul holds the high ground. :D

Michael Landon
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone else think they only want the list of Ron Paul's supporters so they know who to look for in future elections so they can stop us for achieving our goal of a GOP take over?

- ML

amy31416
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
*standing ovation*

I have to giggle at him groveling for our votes to Dr. Paul after all the snide comments, snickering, giggles, and name calling. As always, Dr. Paul holds the high ground. :D

Dammit, standing O from me too. No tolerance for neocons of any sort.

RSLudlum
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
mainly for the lady vote, I don't think they are worried about our support or votes to be honest. We didn't even dent the votes, hell huckabee beat us lol..

Yeah, our votes might not make a big difference but our 'networking' savy could be what they're really after.

1000-points-of-fright
09-01-2008, 08:51 PM
The article said they wanted the names of RP supporters who were delegates and alternates. Sounds like they're trying to prevent some potentially embarrassing revolt at the convention.

sidster
09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
This is a great find ... thanks for posting!!

Btw... this news and letter-to-gop (http://www.lettertogop.com/) combined could make a big
headline about how McCain is in trouble and the Grand Old Party
isn't so united!! Where is Kenny!?

sidster
09-01-2008, 08:53 PM
The article said they wanted the names of RP supporters who were delegates and alternates. Sounds like they're trying to prevent some potentially embarrassing revolt at the convention.

You'd think they could come up with that list on their
own ... i don't think it would be that difficult putting one
and two together.

constituent
09-01-2008, 08:54 PM
The McCain campaign, acting through the Republican National Committee, has been negotiating with Rep. Ron Paul to win his support and acquire the names of his sympathizers

too funny.

devil21
09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
First, I would be supremely disappointed if RP ended up endorsing McCain, regardless of the circumstances. Ive been able to console myself with the reminder that if RP won't endorse McCain then I can't vote for him. Simple as that. A flip-flop by RP now would make my head explode.

Second, Im wondering if it isn't just that McCain wants to know exactly who the Paul delegates are so they can be barred from the arena and shut out of the vote. We all know they will be very vocal throughout the convention and the GOP doesn't want "booooo" raining down upon McCain during his speech.

scandinaviany3
09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
All McCain has to do to win our support is stand down, let Dr. Paul take the reigns, and we will be glad to vote the GOP ticket.

amen!!!

:D

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Dear Senator Mccain,

Kiss my ass.

Sincerely,

Ken Edwards

:D

parocks
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM

if anything they would want a female who is super christian while enjoys the right to an abortion to really seal the deal.

We did pretty darn good in Pennsylvania - 16% - and PA is shaping up to be a battleground.

Feelgood
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM

Umm hate to break the news to you, but there is not going to be a 2012. This is the last election you'll see for these United States. By 2012 this will be the NAU and there will be no Constitution or voting. And yes I do have a crystal ball, as a matter of fact. :D

PatriotOne
09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Umm hate to break the news to you, but there is not going to be a 2012. This is the last election you'll see for these United States. By 2012 this will be the NAU and there will be no Constitution or voting. And yes I do have a crystal ball, as a matter of fact. :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We got a lot of work to do to stop the NWO machine. I know. I know!!!!!!!!

cswake
09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Some conservatives, including several prominent Republicans, privately support Mr. Paul's aim, which they see as taking the party back from its neoconservative wing and restoring it to a tradition of limited-government conservatism.

Who are the prominent Republicans supporting Paul? Goldwater and Johnson? They're not exactly private about it...

MRoCkEd
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Honestly, Ron Paul should tell the mccain camp to "fuck off".

RSLudlum
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM

yeah, but knowing RP, he'd instead say "Since I didn't get a chance to attend your party, I'd like to invite you to speak at a party a couple dozen of my supporters helped put together. It'll be a hoot!" ;)

Andrew Ryan
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
+1

purplechoe
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
This article cracked me up.

Talk about things that are never going to happen...

"That's not gonna happen." - George Stephanopoulos

BeFranklin
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Geeze, give them the list of all 15,000 delegates attending our convention :)

rockandrollsouls
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
My family now attends to vote for them, I can't stop em :{. My aunt voted Republican every year since whenever she started voting, I am assuming my grandpa too, and they weren't going to vote for McCain and were about to sit it out till the news broke that Palin was on the ticket.

Well nothings stopping them when you go around praising the name of Palin. Congrats to the weak ones...you're giving McCain what he wants.

texasbelle
09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
He was asked why he was holding "training events" - one of which consists mostly of music groups performing - during the convention..

"Because this is where the action is," Mr. Paul said with a smile.

Love this!!! No way will McCain get my vote!!!

idiom
09-01-2008, 10:17 PM
anyone vaugely picturing McCain trying to torture RP with a machine that has broken down and he can't fix it?

dawnbt
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
It's obvious they want to find out who the RP delegates are so they can hijack the nomination. They are freaking it out and it makes me warm and fuzzy. I wish I were a fly on the wall at that convention, cause ya know they aren't gonna show the good stuff on TV.

josephadel_3
09-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Voting for Nader here. Barr and Baldwin are both off the Maine ballot. Shucks . . .

Flash
09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Is there any chance Ron Paul could be his Secretary of treasury? If so that could be pretty cool.

Pauls' Revere
09-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Now they pretend to listen? Really, FUCK the GOP and McCain! I'm sick of thier shit!

josephadel_3
09-01-2008, 10:34 PM

I HATE that guy. HATE

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-01-2008, 10:34 PM
First, I would be supremely disappointed if RP ended up endorsing McCain, regardless of the circumstances. Ive been able to console myself with the reminder that if RP won't endorse McCain then I can't vote for him. Simple as that. A flip-flop by RP now would make my head explode.Same here. That's one betrayal I absolutely would not be able to cope with emotionally.

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Same here. That's one betrayal I absolutely would not be able to cope with emotionally.

if that did happen I would believe 100% that this entire "revolution" was total and complete bullshit.

I don't see that happening or it would mean he was building up for 30 years to barely record in the polls just to flip a million votes. pretty shitty planning if that were the case.

specsaregood
09-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Is there any chance Ron Paul could be his Secretary of treasury? If so that could be pretty cool.

Why would he accept that job? It's not like they would take his advice and he has no real power. Although he would then be fifth in line to the presidency which would mean that only 4 others would have to...

And this tidbit is funny: "The Secretary along with the Treasurer must sign Federal Reserve notes before they can become legal tender." For some reason I can't see him signing that dotted line. :)

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_Treasury

josephadel_3
09-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Ron Paul will NEVER endorse McCain. I can say that with 100% certainty.

Paulitical Correctness
09-01-2008, 10:40 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/7yefk3t.gif

Pauls' Revere
09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
the article said they wanted the names of rp supporters who were delegates and alternates. Sounds like they're trying to prevent some potentially embarrassing revolt at the convention.

give them no information.

On second thought name all the dead presidents!

:d

pacelli
09-01-2008, 10:44 PM

haha classic. that's the one!

josephadel_3
09-01-2008, 10:45 PM
haha classic. that's the one!

He should have given him the Dikembe Mutumbo finger wave. Haha, that would be awesome.

Pauls' Revere
09-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Tommorrow is gonna be huge! Ron Paul says we have the energy! the message! and the Issues! LAUNCH THIS BABY!
GO!
GO!
GO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXWt7MipvTY
We have liftoff!
RON PAUL!

AmericasLastHope
09-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Anyone else think they only want the list of Ron Paul's supporters so they know who to look for in future elections so they can stop us for achieving our goal of a GOP take over?

- ML

They want the list so they can kick down our doors and haul us off to Gitmo.

georgiaboy
09-01-2008, 10:57 PM

We have a winner!

This article certainly has me wondering --- does the establishment have bigger chinks in their armor than I would've guessed, or is the writer of the article being fed what to write to see what kind of reaction it gets, esp. from the RP community?

Did the Palin choice not get the bump from RP-land that the establishment was expecting?

Do we hold more cards than I thought we did?

And why do I feel like each keystroke I make is being pored over, analyzed?

The next few days' developments could prove quite...interesting.

grizzums
09-01-2008, 11:03 PM

I'd take RP as Mishkin's replacement.

afmatt
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM

Or is it? If the republican party never has to deal with the pain of defeat they may never learn that they need to pay attention to us.

georgiaboy
09-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Why would he accept that job (edit - Sec. Treas.)? It's not like they would take his advice and he has no real power. Although he would then be fifth in line to the presidency which would mean that only 4 others would have to...

And this tidbit is funny: "The Secretary along with the Treasurer must sign Federal Reserve notes before they can become legal tender." For some reason I can't see him signing that dotted line. :)

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_Treasury

+1.

i mentioned on a different thread about a Sec. Treas. or Commerce spot, but realized it'd be a dumb move for RP to take, esp. if it's used as a carrot to get us all to vote for McCain, which is
not
gonna
happen.

DAFTEK
09-01-2008, 11:15 PM

The Palin ticket got to me, i loved the Ron Paul VP idea from day one, she is a baby step for us and i pray she will somehow get to Dr. Paul where they can work on something, what ever happened to the idea of changing the GOP from the inside? RON PAUL IS A REPUBLICAN isn't he? I will not live with myself to look at that crackhead HoooouBama and his mobster Bidden for the next 4 years...... :mad: Plus there is so much more at stake if the dems win don't forget that!

freelance
09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
WOW! I sure didn't see that coming.

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
The Palin ticket got to me, i loved the Ron Paul VP idea from day one

SHE IS NOT THE RON PAUL V.P.

holy hell

0zzy
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
SHE IS NOT THE RON PAUL V.P.

holy hell

she was a leading person for "who should be ron paul's vp" list.

same with stanford, maybe ventura, some others.

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 11:24 PM
she was a leading person for "who should be ron paul's vp" list.

same with stanford, maybe ventura, some others.

you can say the same thing for the many veeps for mccain as well

there were always MANY CHOICES but until the person says it doesn't make it ANYTHING.

Did ron paul say palin would be his v.p? or was it mainly our dumbasses assuming like we always do?

I just don't see ron paul AND mccain choosing the same v.p.

assuming leads to bullshit and headaches

Pauls' Revere
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM

Does anyone have a youtube of him saying that! oh that would be precious!

DAFTEK
09-01-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm willing to bet there are more RP supporters who feel like me but who wants to admit it on RPF when you get attacked for even the thought....

BTW: I was looking at Hillary forums to see what they think of Palin and no one gets attacked for supporting McCain vs. HouBama!

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm willing to bet there are more RP supporters who feel like me but who wants to admit it on RPF when you get attacked for even the thought....

BTW: I was looking at Hillary forums to see what they think of Palin and no one gets attacked for supporting McCain vs. HouBama!

I 100% agree, why would they attack, because that is the lesser of two evils thinking, you can get away with that elsewhere

we are DONE with that bullshit...

or at least I am..

vote for mccain OOPS I mean palin if you want

no bitching from me lol.

Flash
09-01-2008, 11:36 PM
We're actually begining to be taken seriously. Hopefully the Rally for the Republic will be awesome tomorrow!

ShowMeLiberty
09-01-2008, 11:40 PM

BTW: I was looking at Hilary forums to see what they think of Palin and no one gets attacked for supporting McCain vs. HouBama!

Daftek, I find myself leaning the same way. I despise McCain but I do like Palin. Still, that alone is not enough to get my vote.

What really has me thinking is the fear of what an Obama presidency with a Dem controlled Congress could do to this country in the next four years. You get something like universal health care started and good luck trying to stop it later. More anti-gun laws, enforced service for young people - if they want to ever go to college or get a decent job, and no matter what Obama says, there is no way he can do all the things he wants to do without raising taxes and increasing the size of the federal gov't.

I'm beginning to think that handing him the White House by not voting or voting 3rd party is something I would live to regret. :(

Drknows
09-01-2008, 11:57 PM
If he puts Ron Paul in charge of the economy and getting rid of the IRS he has my vote for sure.

Politics is about compromise people we cant have vast change right away its going to take decades to accomplish everything Ron Paul wants to do. If we can force Mccain to follow some of Ron Pauls views on certain key issues he gets my vote this year

newyearsrevolution08
09-01-2008, 11:59 PM
If he puts Ron Paul in charge of the economy and getting rid of the IRS he has my vote for sure.

as long as he ends up dead, then I would agree.

old age, how long does that really take? holy hell...

evil should not be allowed to live this long....
'

kc8yds
09-02-2008, 12:00 AM

defiantly but *they* would never allow that to happen...

one can hope though :)

Drknows
09-02-2008, 12:09 AM
defiantly but *they* would never allow that to happen...

one can hope though :)

I don't know i can only hope Ron Paul talks some sense into him.

whats the most powerful force in Washington? lobbyists! And Ron Paul is our lobbyist.

Like i said we cant have everything we want this year. We can pout and sit this election out if we want or force Mccain to adopt some of our views and fix some of things we care about now.

Obviously foreign policy isn't going to change on either side this year so we have no leverage on that issue.

But taxes and the economy are open for discussion. Mccain and Palin have no clue on those issues.

purplechoe
09-02-2008, 12:10 AM
The Palin ticket got to me, i loved the Ron Paul VP idea from day one, she is a baby step for us and i pray she will somehow get to Dr. Paul where they can work on something, what ever happened to the idea of changing the GOP from the inside? RON PAUL IS A REPUBLICAN isn't he? I will not live with myself to look at that crackhead HoooouBama and his mobster Bidden for the next 4 years...... :mad: Plus there is so much more at stake if the dems win don't forget that!

I doubt Palin will have as much effect on McCain as does Cheney on Bush. Regardless, I think it's very important during this election cycle to send a big message to Washington by voting third party. I will be voting for either my first choice Baldwin or second Barr. It doesn't much matter who's going to be elected into the white house (Obama/ McCain). We have to start changing the parties from the inside out. Even those who are leaning left in the political spectrum but still agree with Dr. Paul's message can try and have influence on the democratic party.

In my opinion, the only reason McCain chose Palin was that he can harvest the tremendous grassroot support Ron Paul has acquired. I doubt she will have any influence on any of the main policies we disagree with. I don't see how any of us can turn back now. These last few days just reinstated my feelings that the GOP is in bigger trouble then they let on.

We have to start at the local level, planting more seeds.

Flash
09-02-2008, 12:38 AM

Politics is about compromise people we cant have vast change right away its going to take decades to accomplish everything Ron Paul wants to do. If we can force Mccain to follow some of Ron Pauls views on certain key issues he gets my vote this year

I agree with you but I think a lot of Ron Paul fans would be let down to see the Revolution message compromised.

VoteForRonPaul
09-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the article!

SLSteven
09-02-2008, 12:54 AM
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." -Ron Paul

Lets just stay clear of the McCain crowd. If McCain switched stances enough to attract the Paul supporters he would be seen as such a flip flopper that he would never win the election.

american.swan
09-02-2008, 01:14 AM

I think God would show up at your door and scold you for taking a large bribe to vote for McCain. God would be proud of Ron Paul's efforts if you ask me.

Pauls' Revere
09-02-2008, 01:15 AM
I agree with you but I think a lot of Ron Paul fans would be let down to see the Revolution message compromised.

Couldn't agree more. We win on our terms. Any compromise to McCain is a win for McCain absolutely NO WAY! Ron has always said he opposes McCain (period) no matter who's on the ticket. I have faith in that.

fatjohn
09-02-2008, 01:40 AM
I would vote THAT ticket but not if it was palin/paul

I wish people would realize the difference in this damn forum as well.

If it's palin/paul then Ron Paul would have agreed to run besides her, which means she would be willing to end the war and limit the government so i would support that ticket. Nonetheless I don't think this would ever happen in what kind of universe anyway.

american.swan
09-02-2008, 01:44 AM
We have a winner!

This article certainly has me wondering --- does the establishment have bigger chinks in their armor than I would've guessed, or is the writer of the article being fed what to write to see what kind of reaction it gets, esp. from the RP community?

Did the Palin choice not get the bump from RP-land that the establishment was expecting?

Do we hold more cards than I thought we did?

And why do I feel like each keystroke I make is being pored over, analyzed?

The next few days' developments could prove quite...interesting.

I think your right a bit, because if the NWO and the elitist has full control as we think, Ron would never have run for office. Think about Germany when Hitler took power and then when he took more power. He did it with the blessing of the German congress. Hitler even put ss troops around the halls of the German congressional building for "security" to make sure they voted correctly maybe. Ron Paul probably knows that Congress still holds enough power that if the people woke up they would listen and start reversing course. If reversal of course is NOT possible, then Ron Paul wouldn't have run for office. No use trying something that is impossible.

There are MORE OF US than there ARE OF THEM.

newyearsrevolution08
09-02-2008, 01:44 AM
If it's palin/paul then Ron Paul would have agreed to run besides her, which means she would be willing to end the war and limit the government so i would support that ticket. Nonetheless I don't think this would ever happen in what kind of universe anyway.

I don't think ron paul would run as the v.p. to palin, that is insane to think that that would make any sense at all.

that sounds insane to think that palin has ANY credentials to become PRESIDENT versus Ron Paul.

Her name as the TOP of the ticket would NEVER have been brought up until mccain tossed her under the bus as v.p. and we all know it.

she does NOT deserve this position and especially the presidential position.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Memo to John McCain and the GOP:

Cheap political stunts and pandering cuts zero ice with me.

Bite me.

devil21
09-02-2008, 03:19 AM

You should go ahead and sign up at John McCain Forum (http://www.johnmccainforum.com). I bet they have a few threads to worship Palin in.

Dary
09-02-2008, 05:27 AM

I HATE that guy. HATE

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1407/755397034_0fed3e2bc7_o.jpg

Carole
09-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Read more at Washington Times dot com (http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/02/mccain-negotiating-with-paul-to-win-backing-suppor/)

Well gee golly, I feel special! They want MY vote! I mean, I'm flattered and all, but, I can't cast my vote for Mr. Neocon, sorry!
They (RNC) are trying to find out which are his delegates so they can silence them or kick them out. They want his list of people for their own nefarious reasons. We know what those are.

Palin is a pawn who will be buried if McInSane becomes president.

Carole
09-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Wow, this is huge, RP could maybe get to speak at the RNC, I know that RP will not give up his views on the war, which is the best thing for the good of the party:)

NO way will Ron Paul be allowed to speak. They won't even let him on the floor except alone under strict guidelines and then back out the gate or door.

New York For Paul
09-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I think your right a bit, because if the NWO and the elitist has full control as we think, Ron would never have run for office. Think about Germany when Hitler took power and then when he took more power. He did it with the blessing of the German congress. Hitler even put ss troops around the halls of the German congressional building for "security" to make sure they voted correctly maybe. Ron Paul probably knows that Congress still holds enough power that if the people woke up they would listen and start reversing course. If reversal of course is NOT possible, then Ron Paul wouldn't have run for office. No use trying something that is impossible.

There are MORE OF US than there ARE OF THEM.

An interesting parallel. Bush had Michael Chertoff standing in the Senate hallways outside the senate chamber during the amnesty vote. It looked like Chertoff was trying to intimidate the senators.

I was ready to tell him that he should leave and go find some terrorists crossing the the border.

Kade
09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
This thread became a little too Matanuskan for me...

Bowie
09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Well, according to the CNN interview, it seems there really is no olive branch being passed between the campaigns.

I was hopeful up until today that McCain might have been offering Paul a position in his administration, a REAL maverick move or even just a stupid political ploy (it would bolster the RP movement and a future Presidential candidacy either way), but I've now returned home after a brief stay in Fantasyland.

Carole
09-02-2008, 09:33 AM
conspiracy theorist is right above me, watch out everyone :eek:
Remember back in the early primaries when there were serious questions about the voting results?

Far Out Scenario:

What if you were McInSane and KNEW that Paul's votes had been switched with yours and you KNEW just how many people really voted for Ron Paul and knew how FEW people really voted for you in New Hampshire, etc.?

What if you KNEW for a fact that Ron Paul actually received a LOT more votes than he was actually given credit for? (Votes stolen by McInSane Through vote manipulation)

Would you not want to WIN over those voters with his endorsement? Would you WANT the general election to reveal how little support you REALLY have?

Would it seem odd if in the general election some of those states that voted so heavily for McInSane in the primaries now barely supported him in the general election. That would seem very ODD and invite many questions about the primary results.

This is not fact, just an interesting scenario. :D

nullvalu
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM

I know her name was tossed around by some of Paul's supporters here in the forums a while back. BUT in an interview I just watched, Paul said he's never met Palin and seemed to not know much about her. So, I doubt he was seriously considering her as VP at any point.

Your speculating seems to only serve the purpose of dividing us. It's not appreciated.

DAFTEK
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM
You should go ahead and sign up at John McCain Forum (http://www.johnmccainforum.com). I bet they have a few threads to worship Palin in.

Thanks but i don't support McCain, i do support Palin thou and my place is here continuing to support the Revolution, i don't atack people if they want to vote for Barr, Baldwin, McCain or any other... I beleive is my right to have a voice and express my personal opinion as devided as it may seem to some, if you noticed i am not the only person who supports Palin on this forum and im sure others wont bother posting just because of people like you who do nothing but make RPF look like some kind of crazy atacking klan... :rolleyes:

micahnelson
09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I beleive is my right to have a voice and express my personal opinion as devided as it may seem to some,

Interesting. You have been here a while, what made you come to this belief?

Kade
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks but i don't support McCain, i do support Palin thou and my place is here continuing to support the Revolution, i don't atack people if they want to vote for Barr, Baldwin, McCain or any other... I beleive is my right to have a voice and express my personal opinion as devided as it may seem to some, if you noticed i am not the only person who supports Palin on this forum and im sure others wont bother posting just because of people like you who do nothing but make RPF look like some kind of crazy atacking klan... :rolleyes:

Good grief you can't type... and you're a liar, as I personally attest to... don't think I've forgotten any of you who have ever given me shit for my positions.

DAFTEK
09-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Interesting. You have been here a while, what made you come to this belief?

Well some thing voting for Barr will do something for this revolution, i dont feel that way, i respect their choice thou. I believe that Palin might be someone who could help and would be by far better to have her there as vp then a Obama/Bidden with a full democratic cotrol... So many people are puting their blindfolds on Palin because of their hate for McCain as i understand that also i dont view it that way, i try not to think about him but think about her and wope....

libertythor
09-02-2008, 01:04 PM
, I don't think they are worried about our support or votes to be honest. We didn't even dent the votes, hell huckabee beat us

They are worried! Ron finished second in Nevada, a swing state, and now Bob Barr has 10% of the polling there. New Hampshire is only mildly Republican, and Barr is pulling 11%.

Ron got thousands of votes in Florida where in 2000 Bush and Gore had only a few hundred votes of separation.

Those few thousand votes in Missouri can hurt as well.

Montana is now in play for Obama as well.

In other words McCain is worried, but he is doing well at not notifying the MSM about it.

DAFTEK
09-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Good grief you can't type... and you're a liar, as I personally attest to... don't think I've forgotten any of you who have ever given me shit for my positions.

Liar? Please show me where i attacked you Kade? I try not to respond to you and the few others on here as the reputation speeks for its self... :rolleyes:

Ibgamer
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow, after months of ridicule and humiliation, they expect us to vote for them? Im sorry, but McCain is not getting this Ron Paul voters nod...EVER!

nbhadja
09-02-2008, 02:11 PM

By supporting Palin you support McCain, which means you support war with Iran and Iraq, the federal reserve, big government etc.

nbhadja
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Well some thing voting for Barr will do something for this revolution, i dont feel that way, i respect their choice thou. I believe that Palin might be someone who could help and would be by far better to have her there as vp then a Obama/Bidden with a full democratic cotrol... So many people are puting their blindfolds on Palin because of their hate for McCain as i understand that also i dont view it that way, i try not to think about him but think about her and wope....

You are putting your blindfolds on. The only reason Palin got the VP spot is because they want to attract RP supporters to their shit liberal campaign posing as conservative. This way it would stall or possibly destroy the growth we have made.
Palin accepted because well, its the VP spot. It will instantly make her famous.

I will actively bash the liberal McCain/Palin ticket.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
McCain gets my vote when war, surveillance, inflation, deficits, and amnesty no longer get his vote.

Indy4Chng
09-02-2008, 02:39 PM

I would... I would vote for Obama for much less than that... and he is my greater evil. I would do it for as little as $10,000, come on its one vote.

ThePieSwindler
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I would... I would vote for Obama for much less than that... and he is my greater evil. I would do it for as little as $10,000, come on its one vote.

Shit i'd do it for some gas money (to drive to the polls), a free lunch, and maybe 100 bucks or so.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM

Kade, if you're going to call someone a "liar", you darn well better be forthcoming with the evidence. Otherwise, this is nothing other than a personal insult against another forum member.

devil21
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM

By supporting Palin you ARE supporting McCain. Palin would not be president, McCain would. How difficult is that to understand? I would love to know how you plan on supporting the Revolution by working to elect McCain. That makes zero sense. Call it a crazy attacking klan (sounds like a typical MSM line btw and your use of the "k" instead of the proper "c" shows your intent...or you're just ignorant and can't spell) but you are not furthering the Revolution by working to elect more of the same. You can like Palin all you want but when you vote for her you are voting for McCain. You are voting for 100 years in Iraq, war with Iran, $10/gal gas, deficit spending, Patriot Act, etc. Are you prepared to vote for that just because you think Palin is "hawt" and she thinks Ron Paul is "cool"? If so, then you either aren't really part of the Revolution or you have gone astray and forgot why you joined in the first place.

EDIT: From the Gen Pol forum: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152993 <----Palin meets with Lieberman and AIPAC to pledge her unwavering support for Israel. More of the same.

DAFTEK
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
By supporting Palin you ARE supporting McCain. Palin would not be president, McCain would. How difficult is that to understand? I would love to know how you plan on supporting the Revolution by working to elect McCain. That makes zero sense. Call it a crazy attacking klan (sounds like a typical MSM line btw and your use of the "k" instead of the proper "c" shows your intent...or you're just ignorant and can't spell) but you are not furthering the Revolution by working to elect more of the same. You can like Palin all you want but when you vote for her you are voting for McCain. You are voting for 100 years in Iraq, war with Iran, $10/gal gas, deficit spending, Patriot Act, etc. Are you prepared to vote for that just because you think Palin is "hawt" and she thinks Ron Paul is "cool"? If so, then you either aren't really part of the Revolution or you have gone astray and forgot why you joined in the first place.

I have repeated my view a few times so here i go again, the way i see it is this.

1.The next president of US will be Obama-Bidden or McCain-Palin. Take you're pic.
2.Even if all of RP supporters would vote for Barr and we all know some people don't like Barr, you will most likely have Obama as the next president.
3.With Obama-Bidden president that means a full democratic control and new justice judges.
4.They will both go to war if need to and Obama would bankrupt America much faster then McCain.
5. I know this looks bad on me and i knew that my support for Palin will be a brutal attack for this forum, but most of my friends have the same believes and would rather have McCain/Palin then Obama/Bidden. I'm sorry but that is what it comes down to and Palin could help, i hope.

In the end, Ron Paul is a Republican, i am a Republican, Palin is a Republican with some Liberal/Independent views but there is so much she can say or do, i might be wrong on this but she just might have to play their game to get in, Trojan horse if you will. What do you see in you're crystal ball? Bob Barr in the white house? :rolleyes:

devil21
09-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I have repeated my view a few times so here i go again, the way i see it is this.

1.The next president of US will be Obama-Bidden or McCain-Palin. Take you're pic.
2.Even if all of RP supporters would vote for Barr and we all know some people don't like Barr, you will most likely have Obama as the next president.
3.With Obama-Bidden president that means a full democratic control and new justice judges.
4.They will both go to war if need to and Obama would bankrupt America much faster then McCain.
5. I know this looks bad on me and i knew that my support for Palin will be a brutal attack for this forum, but most of my friends have the same believes and would rather have McCain/Palin then Obama/Bidden. I'm sorry but that is what it comes down to and Palin could help, i hope.

In the end, Ron Paul is a Republican, i am a Republican, Palin is a Republican with some Liberal/Independent views but there is so much she can say or do, i might be wrong on this but she just might have to play their game to get in, Trojan horse if you will. What do you see in you're crystal ball? Bob Barr in the white house? :rolleyes:

So you are just boiling it down to another lesser of two evils decision. Congratulations for helping to continue the same cycle that is slowly but surely destroying our country. I won't waste my time picking apart your bullet points because Obama and McCain will govern in the same liberal manner and to me it isnt even a lesser of two evils decision. That would require one actually being lesser evil than the other and thats not the case this time. Cast your vote how you wish but for fuck's sake stop TOUTING Palin on this forum like she's some savior for the Paul supporters.

ClayTrainor
09-02-2008, 05:59 PM
So you are just boiling it down to another lesser of two evils decision. Congratulations for helping to continue the same cycle that is slowly but surely destroying our country. I won't waste my time picking apart your bullet points because Obama and McCain will govern in the same liberal manner and to me it isnt even a lesser of two evils decision. That would require one actually being lesser evil than the other and thats not the case this time. Cast your vote how you wish but for fuck's sake stop TOUTING Palin on this forum like she's some savior for the Paul supporters.

+10000000000000000

DAFTEK, i like you man but your making me sick with the warmongering.

Any McCain backer is a warmonger, go ahead and try to spin it any other way.

anaconda
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
What's really weird to consider is that if McCain changed his position over the next two months to an exact Ron Paul platform, he would probably win by a landslide AND become a real Maverick! He could now do this since he has the nomination sewed up. He could find ways to spin it. He could even spin a military draw down with no problem. As a neocon apologist he would be able to convert a lot of red staters that think the war is patriotic. They might tend to trust him. He could purport to have "new evidence."

DAFTEK
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
+10000000000000000
DAFTEK, i like you man but your making me sick with the warmongering.
Any McCain backer is a warmonger, go ahead and try to spin it any other way.

Well i apologize and I'll quit posting on RPF then. I'm not a warmonger "that hurt" and I'm not trying to spin anything, if you look at my posts over time since i have registered here you can see i hate McCain very much. I put up with his 100 year war crap and bomb Iran and all that but the minute McCain supported Georgia and ignored the genocide in South Ossetia made me sick to my stomach. Maybe I'm a lost RP supporter, maybe not, time will tell.

DAFTEK.

AmericasLastHope
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUtNYaiVeEY

Flash
09-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Well i apologize and I'll quit posting on RPF then. I'm not a warmonger "that hurt" and I'm not trying to spin anything, if you look at my posts over time since i have registered here you can see i hate McCain very much. I put up with his 100 year war crap and bomb Iran and all that but the minute McCain supported Georgia and ignored the genocide in South Ossetia made me sick to my stomach. Maybe I'm a lost RP supporter, maybe not, time will tell.

DAFTEK.

People can't leave because someone disagrees with them. If there was a forum where everyone was in agreement then it would be pretty boring.

New York For Paul
09-03-2008, 05:06 AM

Obama may have to prove what a war hawk he is to stay in power. He might be much more likely to send the military to various places just to show that he is tough.

John McCain has the opposite problem. He can bring the military home because people already know he is tough. McCain is trying to out liberal Obama so he is going to try to impress democrats.

idiom
09-03-2008, 05:11 AM
I dunno... She would be a heart beat away...

And things happen...

Just saying.

Aratus
09-03-2008, 08:26 AM
that very joe biden or sarah palin hypothetical in terms of harry truman or john tyler aspected bales of
hay... ---okay --- jfk got elected and did not disclose his addision's disease. eisehower had several strokes
in office... purely on the issue of health issues surfacing, ever since john adams and aron burr, the veep postion
does matter, even if its usually purely cerimonial. ~~~i would not wish our nation to relive the discord that our POTUS
andrew johnson lived thru as Honest Abe's able cabinet split down the middel due to how the conspiracy around
the egomaniacal john wilkes booth went down. sec' seward, who also been attacked that day totally trusted
poor andrew johnson. my gut level intuition is that both joe biden and sarah palin are solid, self confident
candidates. each exemplifies the better attributes of each respective party. there were worse choises.

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 10:17 AM
People can't leave because someone disagrees with them. If there was a forum where everyone was in agreement then it would be pretty boring.

I'm not leaving, i just wont post my personal views anymore if i get attacked every single time....

Here is a wonderful post i ran into on another forum that i couldn't help myself share here and hopefully it's OK with that person, it comes from XD-Talk a gun forum....Some I'm sure will disagree with this quote as i expect now on RPF :rolleyes: but it does carry a good messege....

Originally Posted by *****

Human beings seldom agree on anything in precisely the same way. Most often we interpret stuff our own way which is always somewhat different from most other folks. Most of the time our differences are the things that make us interesting... even when we mostly agree.

But in today's politics we have become incapable of any kind of tolerance of difference. It is MY WAY or you are a TRAITOR! MY WAY or GO DIE. It gets pretty nasty and quite frankly I don't like it.

I am no fan of Barack Obama. I have made my feelings about him well known. Nor am I particularly fond of John McCain. He is definitely not my first choice for office though I will vote for him in a contest with Obama. But the idea that either of them is a traitor or evil is simply way beyond where I am willing to go.

Both Democrats and Republicans are good and loyal Americans. They don't see eye to eye on all the issues but they have the country's best interest at heart. The fact that someone of the other party disagrees with you does NOT mean that they are treasonous or a traitor! The great issues of our day all have two sides... sometimes more than two sides. REASONABLE PEOPLE CAN AND DO DISAGREE.

There is no evil in disagreement over issues. There is evil in the imposition of one's will despite and without reference to contrary points of view held by well-meaning people. That is not philosophy, logic, reason, or anything else decent. It is POWER. Pure brutal power. Self-serving power. It is exactly what our forefathers sought to escape. It is exactly what our Constitution was crafted to suppress and contain.

There is no Monarchy in this land. There is no dictator. There is no single ideology that is the capital T TRUTH. We are a nation of many differences. That is why we are great... precisely because Obama is NOT a traitor... he simply thinks differently about things than I do. I respect his views but I respectfully will cast my vote with another.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gifhttp://www.xdtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gifhttp://www.xdtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

voytechs
09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Ron Paul will NEVER endorse McCain. I can say that with 100% certainty.

I second that. He's been very politically correct about saying that, by explaining the reasons and setting conditions as to what would McWar have to do, but the the bottom line is 0% chance.

amy31416
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM

No it wouldn't.

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I second that. He's been very politically correct about saying that, by explaining the reasons and setting conditions as to what would McWar have to do, but the the bottom line is 0% chance.

Why would Ron Paul do a stupid thing like that? I believe he will try not to comment much on Palin for now and see what she will do, I'm sure she has to say many stupid things to get votes and kiss McCain's ass, but her actions dictates if she is on the good side or just another McCain warmonger... I have a good feeling about her for now and will stick to that concept about taking back the Republican party until she proves she is just another politician in Israels pockets....

Anyway, i don't need to convince anyone about what i think, I'm sure there are others like me who fought hard with their feelings and are now left with a choice. I don't expect support here but just respect of owns opinion.

Knightskye
09-03-2008, 12:54 PM
They want our support after they treat him like crap?

ChickenHawk
09-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Obama may have to prove what a war hawk he is to stay in power. He might be much more likely to send the military to various places just to show that he is tough.

John McCain has the opposite problem. He can bring the military home because people already know he is tough. McCain is trying to out liberal Obama so he is going to try to impress democrats.

I think this is right. Obama has been much more hawkish on Afghanistan and Pakistan then McCain, Bush or Cheney. I don't think that McCain is a "warmonger". I think that he believed, like many did, that Iraq was a unique situation that required military action. I don't think he, or many of the others that are smeared as "neocons", are as interventionist as many here think they are. That's not to say he is a non-interventionist in the way Ron Paul is, but almost nobody is.

It is incredibly ironic and bizarre that it has come down to McCain the reformer for "change" against Obama the guy that is gunna go to Pakistan and get Bin Laden.

Bradley in DC
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Ive decided to switch and support this ticket!!!

as soon as McCain steps down and it is Paul/Palin.

Updated replay of Paul/Marrou? :) They got my vote that year.

RonPaulFever
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
When registering the username, methinks DAFTEK should have left off the EK.....

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
They want our support after they treat him like crap?

This morning Ron said that the RNC/GOP didn't even have credentials/access for him, let alone the additional 3 for his staffers/guest.

GOP/RNC hate RP for exposing their scheme. I am enjoying the guest speakers continuous stream of LIES from the convention floor. AT least the GOP is consistent in their crap.

Unfortunately, the Dumbed Down Ignorant Sheeple of America will buy all this BS!

PS: Did anyone catch Romney (BAIN CAPITAL REPOSSESSION Corp) Huckabee (SlimeBall Crusader Extraordinaire) ?

Same Sleaze, Different Day...except

Mike Huckabee finally resolved his Dental Disabilities with a extra dose of Brightness!

Sheesh these fanatical party freaks never seem to amaze me with there predictable staged HorseSh*t

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Huh? What are you talking about?

rockandrollsouls
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Daftek just makes stuff up wherever he goes. He's in bed with Palin.....so much for the values of this movement.

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Daftek just makes stuff up wherever he goes. He's in bed with Palin.....so much for the values of this movement.

At least I'm not in bed with McCain like you :p

What movement is that? Voting for Barr? thanks but ill just use my Black Magic Marker..

Anyway, tonight we will see who she is, the minute i hear the word Georgia, or Russia i can relax and enjoy my wine... :cool:

rockandrollsouls
09-03-2008, 08:02 PM
At least I'm not in bed with McCain like you :p

Anyway, tonight we will see who she is, the minute i hear the word Georgia, or Russia i can relax and enjoy my wine... :cool:

You should call yourself "deaftek" because you haven't listened to a word I've said.

klamath
09-03-2008, 08:04 PM
The pass thing for RP did it for sure for me. It is one thing not to let him speak if they though he was going to lay into McCain but it is another thing to treat a republican congressmen like that.

DAFTEK
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM
You should call yourself "deaftek" because you haven't listened to a word I've said.

I can say the same thing about you, have you listened to what i have said? I believe the user id "deaftek" is available, run over quick and register it bud ;)

Flash
09-03-2008, 08:12 PM
No it wouldn't.

Yes it would

RonPaulFever
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Huh? What are you talking about?

Thank you for validating my post.

DAFTEK
09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Thank you for validating my post.

How the fuk did i validate your post? QFT and find something valuable to post on topic... :rolleyes:

http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/looser.jpg