PDA

View Full Version : dues = precinct leader

Jeremy
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
thats what im hearing now matt collins.... not every cfl member....

tangent4ronpaul
09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
thats what im hearing now matt collins.... not every cfl member....

Isn't the precinct leader program the main thing they are doing - especially with the members?

With the lack of precinct leaders we had in the main campaign, is putting up a financial roadblock such a good idea? I'd think most would blow it off if that was a requirement.

-n

Jeremy
09-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Isn't the precinct leader program the main thing they are doing - especially with the members?

With the lack of precinct leaders we had in the main campaign, is putting up a financial roadblock such a good idea? I'd think most would blow it off if that was a requirement.

-n

it's not a financial roadblock. most people were spending like $100 a month just with the moneybombs before :rolleyes:

Jeremy
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
3:43
Shana Kluck - Debbie Hopper is again stressing that state and local organizations will only be chartered when there are enough active precinct leaders to create one."
3:44
Shana Kluck - Great Quote from Debbie: "We are not creating a welfare state in Campaign for Liberty. You have to prove yourself."
Shana Kluck - "Our intention is not to lord over you, but to serve you. If you don't take back your precinct, we will not have a revolution."

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah it is sounding like the lower level members may not have to pay, but to hold a leadership position or any office in the organization, including voting rights, you will probably have to have paid dues.

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Shana Kluck - Debbie Hopper is again stressing that state and local organizations will only be chartered when there are enough active precinct leaders to create one."
Shana Kluck - Great Quote from Debbie: "We are not creating a welfare state in Campaign for Liberty. You have to prove yourself."
Shana Kluck - "Our intention is not to lord over you, but to serve you. If you don't take back your precinct, we will not have a revolution."You noticed a bit of inconsistency in that message too? :confused::rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Sometimes a person has to overcome "roadblocks" to accomplish a thing. ;)

Those who will "blow off" CFL because they're offended by the dues requirement ... to me, that indicates a lack of dedication and determination.

I would think CFL would prefer the hard core dedicated and determined types be in precinct leader positions....but that's just my take on it. :)

tangent4ronpaul
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
it's not a financial roadblock. most people were spending like $100 a month just with the moneybombs before :rolleyes:

yeah and I was recruiting a lot of precinct leaders who were students from the volunteer lists that that would be a burden for.

I know of some people that have been with the campaign from the early days, that put in bukoo hours, and donated web space and skills they already had and spent many ours going door to door for this campaign. I also know they were having trouble paying their rent, buying groceries and scraping up enough for vet and medical bills.

Sure, a lot of us donated a good amount of money, others gave what they could - their time and skills.

MANDATORY Dues are a BAD IDEA!

-n

Jeremy
09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah it is sounding like the lower level members may not have to pay, but to hold a leadership position or any office in the organization, including voting rights, you will probably have to have paid dues.

makes sense

Jeremy
09-01-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah and I was recruiting a lot of precinct leaders who were students from the volunteer lists that that would be a burden for.

I know of some people that have been with the campaign from the early days, that put in bukoo hours, and donated web space and skills they already had and spent many ours going door to door for this campaign. I also know they were having trouble paying their rent, buying groceries and scraping up enough for vet and medical bills.

Sure, a lot of us donated a good amount of money, others gave what they could - their time and skills.

MANDATORY Dues are a BAD IDEA!

-n
precinct leaders will be serious workers, not just members for the count

for example, my brother should have NOT been a precinct leader. he did nothing

WRellim
09-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Shana Kluck - "Our intention is not to lord over you, but to serve you. If you don't take back your precinct, we will not have a revolution."

This would be the same Debbie Hopper who was unable to lift her little (salaried) finger to click on the "Reply" button to answer an email?

Or to hit the "play" button on her voicemail and then return phone calls?

Much less actually doing anything much for effective "managing" of the campaign?

Sounds more than a bit self-serving and "arrogant" to me. Send money to HQ to pay salaries and expenses of the "important" peoples... then get out and bust your butt... otherwise they can't condescend to talk to you...

CFL is going absolutely nowhere if THIS type of "dictatorial BS" is how they plan on trying to run it.

WRellim
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM

So will Jeffrey and Debbie have to PAY even HIGHER dues then?

Or are they the "exception" -- and instead of paying, they get paid?

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I have to say...I'm loving the idea more and more!

Jeremy
09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
im getting tired of this whining ^ ^ ^

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 01:54 PM
im getting tired of this whining ^ ^ ^

Exactly why I'm loving the idea more and more!

GunnyFreedom
09-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Exactly why I'm loving the idea more and more!

Hear here!!! If the ONLY thing the dues do, is to separate out the REAL patriots from the do-nothing whiners, it is MORE than worth it!!

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Hear here!!! If the ONLY thing the dues do, is to separate out the REAL patriots from the do-nothing whiners, it is MORE than worth it!!

Absolutely!

There will undoubtedly be some do nothing whiners who pay the dues in hopes of being able to continue their intentional destructive behavior, but I have a strong sense that CFL will weed them out fairly quickly.

;)

WRellim
09-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Actually, I think it will (like many other political/movement organizations) separate out the suckers from the wise.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 02:19 PM
This would be the same Debbie Hopper who was unable to lift her little (salaried) finger to click on the "Reply" button to answer an email?

Or to hit the "play" button on her voicemail and then return phone calls?

That's funny...Debbie always responds to my emails and messages. :)

LibertyEagle
09-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Mine too. :)

GunnyFreedom
09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Mine too. :)

Same here. Never had an issue with Debbie. In fact, she's been very responsive, and all around great!

specsaregood
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM

Ditto.
And I think the dues are a great idea as well. If somebody really wants the responsiblity and can do the job but can't afford the dues: I hope that they met another RP supporter during the campaign that doesn' t have the time or dedication to do the job, but is willing to help out with the dues. I know I would.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Ditto.
And I think the dues are a great idea as well. If somebody really wants the responsiblity and can do the job but can't afford the dues: I hope that they met another RP supporter during the campaign that doesn' t have the time or dedication to do the job, but is willing to help out with the dues. I know I would.

Exactly!

:D

WRellim
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Well, you're in TEXAS aren't you? And Texas was important enough for the Presidential campaign to be "suspended"...

I'm sure that your location was rather the key thing there, wasn't it.

So I wouldn't be too smug.

If you live in one of the MANY other states (pretty much everywhere other than Iowa, NH, Texas and Washington State) you would have been ignored just like everyone else...

We were only valued as a source of money.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Not being smug, just pointing out that your particular experience with Debbie is not one that is shared by all.

Now, I'm being a bitch:

I can't imagine why Debbie wouldn't rush to return the calls and emails of such a positive and joyful supporter as yourself, WRellim.

Really.

:)

GunnyFreedom
09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, you're in TEXAS aren't you? And Texas was important enough for the Presidential campaign to be "suspended"...

I'm sure that your location was rather the key thing there, wasn't it.

So I wouldn't be too smug.

If you live in one of the MANY other states (pretty much everywhere other than Iowa, NH, Texas and Washington State) you would have been ignored just like everyone else...

We were only valued as a source of money.

We're all broke up that you won't be participating, WRellim. :rolleyes:

WRellim
09-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Not being smug, just pointing out that your particular experience with Debbie is not one that is shared by all.

No, but the experience I had was rather widespread... many people from several states had significant complaints regarding Debbie (and many others as well).

What needs to be pointed out is that your particular (TEXAS-centric) experienceis significantly different than what supporters in many other (less "important") states experienced.

Now, I'm being a bitch:

Oh, why start now? (Or was that just missing the "wink" and you were being facetious? Must be as well all know you started LONG ago.)

But this is truly progress. The first step is admission.

I can't imagine why Debbie wouldn't rush to return the calls and emails of such a positive and joyful supporter as yourself, WRellim.

Really.

:)

Yes... doubtless you are lacking in imagination; and also missing out on facts (but hey, with 5,00 + postings of "LOL" why would we expect anything different?).

And it is certainly self-evident why someone as "important" as Debbie Hopper should not be expected to condescend to answer phone calls or emails from me (or any of the other dozen meetup leaders in my state who contacted her) ...but most definitely not ME -- whose "attitude" was so problematic that I was an early (large) donor, leader of 3 separate meetup groups, etc... why on earth would she want to talk respond to ANY questons from someone like THAT.

Ewww... I mean if you're not from Texas and/or a paid campaign staffer... well, you must be "riff-raff" that people like Debbie (and Ms. DooDoo) don't want around...

REALLY.

WRellim
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
We're all broke up that you won't be participating, WRellim. :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, you've lost me, you've lost Larry Lepard, and a host of others as well... And with the same old gang running things (and now wanting to charge "dues" {in exchange for what exactly?} from the people the expect to also put in the most volunteer time)... you're gonna lose an awful lot more people as well.

From the million or so who donated to the RP campaign... it's been trimmed down to (<) 100,000 in the CFL... and with the dues and leadership problems (plus splitting off the college group to a separate "organization") you'll be lucky if you end up with a movement of 10 to 20,000 people total...

Have fun with Lew, Debbie, Jeff, Jesse & the gang ... I'm sure their past "successes" will be oft-repeated and in much the same way.

Whole thing is gonna go over like a lead balloon.

GunnyFreedom
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, well, you've lost me, you've lost Larry Lepard, and a host of others as well...

Have fun with Lew, Debbie, Jeff, Jesse & the gang ... I'm sure their past "successes" will be oft-repeated.

First of all, you don't speak for Lepard, "a host of others," or anybody else. You speak for yourself alone. Secondly, losing the "support" of someone who from the beginning has done nothing but whine and bitch, is not a curse, but a blessing! :)

Funny how the people who have actually WORKED for this effort, don't seem to have a problem with the leadership paying $35 a year. It's only people like YOU, who do nothing but sit on your ass and complain who seem to have a problem with it.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish!!

WRellim
09-01-2008, 03:36 PM
First of all, you don't speak for Lepard, "a host of others," or anybody else. You speak for yourself alone. Secondly, losing the "support" of someone who from the beginning has done nothing but whine and bitch, is not a curse, but a blessing! :)

Funny how the people who have actually WORKED for this effort, don't seem to have a problem with the leadership paying $35 a year. It's only people like YOU, who do nothing but sit on your ass and complain who seem to have a problem with it.

I'm not speaking FOR Larry... but I have spoken WITH him several times... and he's had his fill of the current "campaign leadership" as well.

As for the rest of your statement... you're equally clueless.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
losing the "support" of someone who from the beginning has done nothing but whine and bitch, is not a curse, but a blessing! :)

I agree with Gunny on this, wholeheartedly!

And on this. Wholeheartedly.

:D

specsaregood
09-01-2008, 03:43 PM
What needs to be pointed out is that your particular (TEXAS-centric) experienceis significantly different than what supporters in many other (less "important") states experienced.

I'm in NJ and had no problems hearing back from Debbie. I called and talked to her and exchanged a few emails and I know a few others in my group that did too. And NJ was in now way an "important" state.

Sorry your messages seemed to have fallen through.