PDA

View Full Version : CFL State Organization (live report from MSP)

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I am sitting in the CFL Leadership Summit while writing this. The CFL will be a 501 c(4) organization.

This means the CFL: - Cannot endorse or detract for/against candidates or elections

However the CFL:

- Can produce voter guides

- Can create a Constitutional competency test for every candidate

- Hold our own candidate forums
- Can educate and promote liberty minded ideals, causes, and legislation

Essentially the CFL is a lobbying and advocacy organization.

Eventually they want their members to become precinct chairmen in every single precinct of the US.

They are looking to have interim state coordinators until each state creates its own Constitution and by-laws to form a state organization. Once a state has their own organization the national CFL will "recognize" them as an official CFL organization.

The CFL will not endorse rogue state organization that follows their own will.

Details are not real clear because I get the feeling that the CFL has not entirely finalized the details. In fact a lot of questions from the floor have not been answered because the CFL simply hasn't decided on a lot of things yet. According to John Tate this is in part due to the lengthy and draconian IRS requirements to become a 501c(4).

I will make other posts as soon as something interesting is said.

RevolutionSD
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I am sitting in the CFL Leadership Summit while writing this. The CFL will be a 501 c(4) organization.

This means the CFL: - Cannot endorse or detract for/against candidates or elections

However the CFL:

- Can produce voter guides

- Can create a Constitutional competency test for every candidate

- Hold our own candidate forums
- Can educate and promote liberty minded ideals, causes, and legislation

Essentially the CFL is a lobbying and advocacy organization.

Eventually they want their members to become precinct chairmen in every single precinct of the US.

They are looking to have interim state coordinators until each state creates its own Constitution and by-laws to form a state organization. Once a state has their own organization the national CFL will "recognize" them as an official CFL organization.

The CFL will not endorse rogue state organization that follows their own will.

Details are not real clear because I get the feeling that the CFL has not entirely finalized the details. In fact a lot of questions from the floor have not been answered because the CFL simply hasn't decided on a lot of things yet. According to John Tate this is in part due to the lengthy and draconian IRS requirements to become a 501c(4).

I will make other posts as soon as something interesting is said.

So the CFL is strictly playing by the federal government's rules. That's unfortunate.

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
So the CFL is strictly playing by the federal government's rules. That's unfortunate.What other choice do they have? If they take people's money the IRS has to classify them as something.

constitutional
09-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Labor day, perfect. :)

spacehabitats
09-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Obviously the CFL is aiming to fill a huge chasm in American politics.
We need to get behind it and push like crazy.

Not everyone can get their own way all of the time.
Especially in an effective political organization promoting liberty.

That doesn't mean we need to compromise our principles, but some of us may need to give our egos a much needed rest.;)

jbuttell
09-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Interesting - sounds like the CFL has some real momentum behind it - I've had my doubts as to what it will do/become, but this is very encouraging.