PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL - Target Center JUST NOW sold out!!!

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I am reporting live from the CFL leadership summit. Jeff Frazee just announced that the sales rep from the Target Center informed him that we just sold out of seats in the arena.

We will have well over 10,000+ people in attendance Tuesday at the Rally.

brandon
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Ha! I beat you. Where are you sitting?

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Ha! I beat you. Where are you sitting?Same time on our posts apparently. I didn't even clap for the announcement because I was busy typing about it :p

I'm in the back-center of the room in a white shirt and grey tie with a ponytail.

TER
09-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I love you guys!

Sally08
09-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I am reporting live from the CFL leadership summit. Jeff Frazee just announced that the sales rep from the Target Center informed him that we just sold out of seats in the arena.

Will the MSM be asking this question:

Does the 10,000 sellout include the free tickets that were given out by CFL in the past several days?

More importantly, how many of those tickets, free or purchased, will have full seats for the speakers/for the performers?

We *really* need the seats full for the speakers!

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I think a lot of tickets were handed out to random people on the street.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I think it is amazing that a few spammers were able to manipulate ticketmaster to make it seem like there are more than a couple of us out there. I bet we are so tech savy that we are even going to be able to digitally place people in the audience.

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I think it is amazing that a few spammers were able to manipulate ticketmaster to make it seem like there are more than a couple of us out there. I bet we are so tech savy that we are even going to be able to digitally place people in the audience.Not a bad idea. We should definitely do that.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
nt

HonestyInMedicine
09-01-2008, 06:26 PM

I thought the arena held 12k but could squeeze in 15k!

familydog
09-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Excellent news! I can't wait to see it all in person.

thrillhouse
09-01-2008, 07:36 PM
maybe they could sell/hand out some standing room only tickets to whoever shows up on the day of looking for tickets if need be.

anaconda
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Will the MSM be asking this question:

Does the 10,000 sellout include the free tickets that were given out by CFL in the past several days?

Doesn't really matter. I mean, what if it was a free event, for example? It's more about how many people show up and how enthusiastic the crowd is. What I worry about is people who may have bought tickets and didn't make the trip.

I figured that a lot of locals in the area would decide to check out the event for only $18 bucks.

This event probably has the Bilderbergers a tad concerned, I would think. They probably don't want to see this movement gain too many more percentage points or they might find themselves in a sort of troublesome critical mass region. Would be interesting to know.

Roxi
09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
ok guys give it up, u know there are only like 14 ron paul supporters sitting in their mom's basements buying those tickets... :D

JK that is sooooo awesome!

LibertyEagle
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
ok guys give it up, u know there are only like 14 ron paul supporters sitting in their mom's basements buying those tickets... :D

JK that is sooooo awesome!

Yeah, this thing is GREAT! I wonder now that the hurricane scare is mostly over, what the Repukes will do. Because this Rally soundly blows away anything they were planning for the neocon convention. :D

Leroy_Jenkems
09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I think it is amazing that a few spammers were able to manipulate ticketmaster to make it seem like there are more than a couple of us out there. I bet we are so tech savy that we are even going to be able to digitally place people in the audience.

One word: holograms...

RickyJ
09-01-2008, 08:31 PM

It is official, your counting ability rivals that of Obama's.

The target center can hold 13000 for this rally.

PatriotOne
09-01-2008, 08:36 PM
I thought the arena held 12k but could squeeze in 15k!

Normally, it depends on the configuration and what the event is for. If it is a sporting event and there is no stage then that is probably the case. But for things like this and music concerts, when there is a stage, you can't have people sitting behind the stage or looking at the speakers/bands backs so you lose quite a few seats.

Sally08
09-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I think a lot of tickets were handed out to random people on the street.

Here's how ticket sales are being explained:

Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic Sold Out
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ron-pauls-rally-republic-sold/story.aspx?guid={190FB171-D13C-402C-9EC7-49FAF8D09D25}&dist=hppr

Additional Seats Opened at Target Center To Accommodate Overflow Crowd

Last update: 10:01 p.m. EDT Sept. 1, 2008
ARLINGTON, Va., Sep 01, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic, a three-day event culminating in a rally on September 2 in at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, has sold out. Over 10,000 tickets have been sold for $17.76 each. In response to the heavy demand for seats, The Campaign for Liberty has opened up two side sections and will give these final seats away for free on site at Target Center.

Define "sold out":confused:

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Define "sold out":confused:Exactly!

LibertyEagle
09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Or.... we could look at the positive side of this.

They sold 10,000 tickets!! :) And now, they're going to get some local people to attend to be exposed to the message. That's great too.

afmatt
09-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Here's how ticket sales are being explained:

Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic Sold Out
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ron-pauls-rally-republic-sold/story.aspx?guid={190FB171-D13C-402C-9EC7-49FAF8D09D25}&dist=hppr

Additional Seats Opened at Target Center To Accommodate Overflow Crowd

Last update: 10:01 p.m. EDT Sept. 1, 2008
ARLINGTON, Va., Sep 01, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic, a three-day event culminating in a rally on September 2 in at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, has sold out. Over 10,000 tickets have been sold for $17.76 each. In response to the heavy demand for seats, The Campaign for Liberty has opened up two side sections and will give these final seats away for free on site at Target Center.

Define "sold out":confused:

Sold out - All the seats that we were planning on filling due to the way we had the stage setup have been filled.

That help? :P

From what I've been told the sections they have just opened are ones that will have significant portions of the stage blocked from view and in this type of setup would not normally be sold due to the view restrictions.

Matt Collins
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM
It is official, your counting ability rivals that of Obama's.

The target center can hold 13000 for this rally.I am simply repeating what Jeff Frazee told the Leadership Summit.

Sally08
09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Sold out - All the seats that we were planning on filling due to the way we had the stage setup have been filled.

That help? :P

From what I've been told the sections they have just opened are ones that will have significant portions of the stage blocked from view and in this type of setup would not normally be sold due to the view restrictions.

For the speeches, visibility is probably less important.

However, as an orchestra performer, I'm well aware of the ramifications of "theater in the round", as well as sold-out performances of entertainers at much larger venues than what the Target Center appears to be (Joliet Speedway in Illinois comes to mind - the Jumbotrons are barely visible in the distance in my pictures).

However, based on my experience, "sold out" means maximum capacity/standing room only, not that other full sections could be opened up for use.

Per your explanation, if they were planning on filling just the main floor, would that lesser number of ticket sales have been considered "sold out"?

TruePatriot44
09-01-2008, 11:55 PM
At the concert we had at Blaine, I was volunteering at the tent handing out free tickets. We went through all the additional lower level seating on the sides that were opened and handed out all the additional upper deck space.

However, don't get your hopes up for a filled building. A lot of people I talked to bought extra tickets that they were still trying to find people to give them to.

dannno
09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Wow, this is great news. I feel slightly less bad for not showing up :o

Just know that there are many, many more out there who really really really wanted to go.

Matt Collins
09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow, this is great news. I feel slightly less bad for not showing up There are still a bunch of tickets floating around if you were to get here tomorrow. I guarantee that you could find one or two. They were very liberal in how they dispensed these things.