PDA

View Full Version : C-SPAN right now they are talking about Ron Paul

mmink15
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I can't youtube it but I'm sure someone will. Tucker Carlson, Arianna Huffington, Peggie Noonan, and others talking about Ron Paul. Airtime of Ron Paul conversation around 1:20 EST-at least that's when I happened to turn it on.

Andrew-Austin
09-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Not so sure someone would be quick enough to catch an unannounced Ron Paul convo, what did they say?

mmink15
09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
It's a political roundtable taking place at the Politics & Republican Convention- I guess this is an off shoot of the RNC I'm sure CSPANjunkie will post this on youtube

RSLudlum
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Wasn't that Tucker right next to Arianna Huffington?

mmink15
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
That was Tucker
I found clips from that round table on politico.com but, surprise, not the Ron Paul clip
http://www.politico.com/multimedia/

jcarcinogen
09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
CSpan 1?

georgiaboy
09-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I saw it, and here's what I remember. The topic was media and politics, and a self-identified RP Republican (who also mentioned he was now running for State Legislature in MN - cool) asked a question to the panel about the influence the RP campaign has had this year. The guy was also wearing a bow tie, and asked Tucker why he wasn't wearing them anymore - Tuck didn't answer that part of the question.

Tucker first responded by plugging the Rally for the Republic, and invited everyone in the room to join him tomorrow!!

Beyond that, he and the other panel members basically agreed that the RP influence probably never would've been able to get the kind of traction it did this year without the availability of new media.

Another interesting question came from a Cynthia McKinney supporter about why the MSM didn't give more equal time to third parties, to which a panelist who was a guy from one of the Boston papers (Globe maybe?), who basically said that they don't give them as much time because they're not as big as the other parties, and therefore don't have as much influence on the world around them. He also said that Ron Paul got as much attention as he did because of all of the great things the campaign did. He mentioned the age-old chicken and egg thing - making news comes from doing significant things, and it's a significant thing when the news reports on you, so which comes first is debatable but tends toward the former.

My only other thought from the panel discussion has to do with the idiocy of Arianna Huffington. She and Tucker got into it about the role of media being objective. Arianna proved Tucker's point that objectivity is needed in media by being ridiculously dogmatic about her version of what she called 'the truth'. That was my first time ever seing Arianna Huffington in action; she's one scary ultra-maroon.

MRoCkEd
09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
anyone have a clip of this yet