PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought AP wrote a fair story ...

Brian
09-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Albeit it's about 18 months too late:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26472918/

"Almost 9,800 tickets had been sold for the Rally for the Republic, being held in Minneapolis, which seeks to bring together activists who are anti-war, anti-government regulation, anti-immigration, anti-taxes, anti-Federal Reserve, anti-outsourcing, pro-individual liberty, pro-civil liberties and pro-Paul."

Ah yes, we all know how RP is "anti-immigration". Did you mean "anti-illegal immigration" Mr. or Ms. AP writer, or do you not know the difference since your job is actually writing on politics for a living, or you and all your editors just screwed up and the error slipped through, or are you playing the imaginary racist card that you played earlier in the campaign?

It just never ends.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-01-2008, 05:16 AM
And don't forget how we're "anti-outsourcing" (implying economic protectionism) as well... :rolleyes:

Kludge
09-01-2008, 05:18 AM
And don't forget how we're "anti-outsourcing" (implying economic protectionism) as well... :rolleyes:

From the "arguments" I've heard in global free markets vs. protectionism, Ron Paul IS pro-tariffs and supports closed borders.

Of course, saying that all "activists" support what's on the list is what's truly offensive and biased.

Conza88
09-01-2008, 05:44 AM
From the "arguments" I've heard in global free markets vs. protectionism, Ron Paul IS pro-tariffs and supports closed borders.

Of course, saying that all "activists" support what's on the list is what's truly offensive and biased.

Those "arguments" fail. I'm assuming they're coming from CATO? :rolleyes: They have McCAIN as more Freemarket than Ron Paul. I shitz you not.

Thing is Ron doesn't play ball when it comes to FTA's. Since he calls them on their bullshit & outlines they are instead "Managed trade".

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered
So the question remains, just how long should an all-encompassing, tariff-busting, labor-liberalizing FTA be? How about 16 words?

Regulated trade between the individuals, companies, and institutions within our respective countries will be illegal henceforth.

I am sure that creative essayists could synthesize the main idea even more concisely, but the point remains, current FTAs are bloated behemoths containing a slew of provisions that sully the spirit and message of the centuries-old anti-protectionist movement.

Free the free in "free trade."

:)