PDA

View Full Version : The day I saw Ron Paul in person

afmatt
08-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Today (err - yesterday now, it's getting early lol) was the first day I got to see Dr. Paul in person. I was at the C4L Real Politics Campaign Training and we were learning a LOT of great stuff to help us out with the next phase of the revolution. Partway through one of the sessions I saw a guy walk up to the stage and hold up a sign for the speaker to see - he then walked back to the back of the room, I noticed that the sign said "Ron Paul - 10 minutes"
At this point I very quietly started to get my camera out of my laptop bag and proceeded to get an adrenaline burst that had one of my neighbors ask me if I was okay, apparently I was shaking :P I could hardly type notes and sure wasnt paying much attention.

Dr Paul made his entrance to chants of "Ron Paul, Ron Paul" and a standing ovation that lasted at least a few minutes. He spoke to us about what we had achieved in the past and a little bit about what was going on with the rally to include this short clip I caught on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWejyjEgOCU

but believe me what really counts is what we believe in, having a hardcore group of people who are dedicated, cause Ideas are what moves the world - and that is what really counts.

Wheeeeeeeeeee!

ronpaulitician
08-31-2008, 11:48 PM
I know what it must've felt like. I saw him first during his Bill Maher taping. Then again at a USC rally.

Conza88
08-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Epic :D Well done on the capturing.

afmatt
08-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Epic :D Well done on the capturing.

I'm sorry I didn't get more - my hands were shaking too much for the majority of the time to get anything (or busy clapping)

idiom
09-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Us? Cult like? Where would you get an idea like htat??? :D

steph3n
09-01-2008, 02:02 AM
hrm, I talked to him one on one on saturday for a long time :D was cool

much better than the hurried handshakes of the campaign stops.

good wakeup from a nap at the airport too