PDA

View Full Version : why do not ron paul supporters do exodus to states they can change

scandinaviany3
08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
I saw this posting today on the forum..and thought..makes sense to me.

What would happen if tens of thousands of ron paul people moved to key states.

Lets say like washington, montana, Idaho, SC, NV, Colorado and try to get ready for elections for two years from now and shake up some congressional elections

The exodus ideas maybe necessary anyhow if things keep getting worse.

We should seriously think about making a presence for our group in areas where jobs, support are strong already and take them to the level to make that foothold in the congress and then the state.

Once this happens we have a voice that can not be silenced at convention and with 5 states can nominate our own candidates

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008149186_convention31m.html

Kludge
08-31-2008, 09:04 PM
I guess they think they have a life where they are or something.... Family, job, education...

Really, they're just a bunch of sheep piggybacking on the work of others who are more dedicated.

I suggest we all read the "Who's the Most Dedicated Ron Paul Supporter? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=151523)" thread and reconsider how much we're willing to give up for liberty, Ron Paul, and each other.

To New Hampshire, Comrades, we have work to do!

LibertyOfOne
08-31-2008, 09:16 PM
It's called the free state project.

www.freestateproject.org

nate895
08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
We don't pick up and move because we have friends, family, jobs, and businesses that are way more important than promoting any political point of view.

Kalifornia
08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I have already done so. Im in Seattle right now looking for work.

Roxi
08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
sure, can we make it montana or something though?

tpreitzel
08-31-2008, 10:02 PM
See, people are moving already... Here's what we need. If you've moved or are planning to move, simply list the state to which YOU have moved. People planning on moving to more freedom loving areas, can then tally the numbers, consider the evidence, and decide for themselves where to join or select another destination. This ought to be fun and interesting reading for the snooping federales. Yo, I just moved to Montana... ;)

Alawn
08-31-2008, 11:06 PM
That is exactly what the free state project is. They chose NH as the state to move to for several reasons. One of them is that it is small so it would take less people moving there to make changes. Also it is already very libertarian. One of the best things though is that it is the first primary so there it has a huge effect on later primaries.

porcupine
08-31-2008, 11:45 PM
sure, can we make it montana or something though?

Sure, what's stopping you? Keep us updated of your progress and I'll continue to keep you updated on ours (http://www.freestateproject.org/). Good luck!

porcupine
08-31-2008, 11:47 PM
We don't pick up and move because we have friends, family, jobs, and businesses that are way more important than promoting any political point of view.

The great thing about moving to New Hampshire with the Free State Project is that there is a self-selection of the most dedicated liberty supporters, by virtue of the fact that it IS a sacrifice. Just like our forefathers sacrificed so much to come to North America for freedom, we sacrifice a tiny bit for freedom.