PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to face some reality

BLS
09-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Although we are anything but 'mainstream' sheep, the Texas Straw Poll should be a giant wakeup call for every RP supporter.

First....we shouldn't put too much into the results simply because we all know Duncan Hunter isn't going to win the GOP nomination.

Second....we need to learn a lesson from this.
We have to learn to play by the rules, and we MUST be proactive about the little things. If you're not registered as a Republican, DO IT NOW. Even if your state currently says you don't have to be in order to vote in the Primaries, you should do it anyway. Just so they can't pull a fast one on us later.

Third....We are going to need to adopt MORE Guerilla tactics.
We HAVE to get Ron Paul's name out there. We need more members of the army.
If the majority of people become Ron Paul supporters, we won't need to worry about issues like this because he'll win anyway.

lucius
09-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Agreed

Derek Johnson
09-02-2007, 06:34 AM
We can collectively do this: place a sign visible to every American somewhere...

bearing our honorable candidate's name

...in every local that people might see it.

DO THIS EVERYWHERE

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 06:41 AM
We have to get out more than just "his name". We have to get out his message. As good as the signs are, we are going to have to step it up a notch.

Dutch
09-02-2007, 06:51 AM
We have to get out more than just "his name". We have to get out his message. As good as the signs are, we are going to have to step it up a notch.

Ditto. I see/hear way too much Youtube video's of people just shouting "Ron Paul".
This way the only association that the unawares have with Ron Paul is shouting masses.
There needs to be a byline, a slogan, catch-phrase and/or oneliner. Or multiple.
If we don't attach a message to the name, the name is useless.

Dutch

Mastiff
09-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Ditto. I see/hear way too much Youtube video's of people just shouting "Ron Paul".
This way the only association that the unawares have with Ron Paul is shouting masses.
There needs to be a byline, a slogan, catch-phrase and/or oneliner. Or multiple.

Dutch

Yelling masses are a turnoff to me in general, but at the straw poll, I liked "give us hope" as the best chanty slogan. It struck a chord since the crowd was largely young people.

Slugg
09-02-2007, 07:23 AM
I think you all are correct. And that we may want to stay away from the group activist look a little more. Meaning, we should be handing out fliers in small groups. Knocking on doors in small groups. And only do the 'herd' thing at actual events.

lucius
09-02-2007, 07:50 AM
We had a little RP BBQ yesterday and then went door-to-door to walk off all the eats--great fun for everybody. One thing that we are doing, if someone agrees with Dr. Paul's message; they got a short stack of slim jims and bumper stickers with a yard sign already planted with an understanding to Call 1-800-766-7285 for more, some even got their car bumper-stickered.

If you haven't, call that number and get your slim jims and stickers; my meetup group guy gave me a box of yard signs as well.

I like to get peronal with the message...

Sematary
09-02-2007, 07:53 AM

agreed

Sematary
09-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Dutch

Here is our plan for Gillette Stadium in October.
The traffic is at a basic standstill going into the stadium so we are going to have people hold up signs - each with a different "catch phrase", like "End the war in Iraq", "End the income tax", etc...
Then as the cars move further they will see His name and "for president in 2008"
That last part is important. People don't know what he's running for.

ladyliberty
09-02-2007, 08:06 AM
LOL! That sounds like a Burma Shave road side ad - perhaps you can make your slogans Ryhme?

Burma Shave was one of the most successful advertising campaigns of all times - and humorous too -

http://grantmcl.tripod.com/burmashave.html

http://www.celebratelove.com/gifs/burmashavesigns.jpg

Here's a sample (terrible I know) but you might get the gist of it I am not very creative at all...I am just an old fart who loves the old ways...

These can be done at sign wavings or posted on fence posts on country lanes etc...

Are Income Taxes
Getting you down
Why not tell IRS
To get out of town?
RonPaul2008.com

do like the farmers did and make them from free pallet wood and leftover house paint...the only money spent would be on the nails to put them together with....

Are farming regulations
and taxes fair?
Vote for Ron
If you CARE!
RonPaul2008.com

constituent
09-02-2007, 09:08 AM
like outside carlsbad n.m.

csen
09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Although we are anything but 'mainstream' sheep, the Texas Straw Poll should be a giant wakeup call for every RP supporter.

First....we shouldn't put too much into the results simply because we all know Duncan Hunter isn't going to win the GOP nomination.

We have to learn to play by the rules, and we MUST be proactive about the little things. If you're not registered as a Republican, DO IT NOW. Even if your state currently says you don't have to be in order to vote in the Primaries, you should do it anyway. Just so they can't pull a fast one on us later.

If the majority of people become Ron Paul supporters, we won't need to worry about issues like this because he'll win anyway.

I agree with this; I just wanted to add one thing. Some on this board act like every straw poll is all or nothing. First place yesterday would have been a win and we're definitely going to get the nomination; second or third means we're failing and have to do better. There is a middle ground. I was pretty happy with the result yesterday -- if it was an open straw poll is there anyone who doubts we would have won? I look at it more like a marathon -- we just passed mile 4 or 5 and are on pace with where we want to be. That doesn't mean we slow down or stop running; it just means we keep doing what we're doing as we are continuing to make progress.

The Good Doctor
09-02-2007, 09:39 AM
"Whatever doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger!"

purepaloma
09-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I have been leaving behind more Ron Paul Cards in toilets than before.

www.ronpaulcards.com

Guys love to read while on the throne !

Spread the word and the message !

michaelwise
09-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Does this sound good for a slogan?

Give us hope, give us our country back, give us Ron Paul.

constituent
09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
guerilla tactics?

pm me bls.