PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me the short version of the hell we are giving the Texas GOP?

Starks
09-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Please tell me what we have done in retaliation and/or how they have officially responded to our anger.

Slugg
09-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Please tell me what we have done in retaliation and/or how they have officially responded to our anger.

It sucks, but I think our energy is best served by looking towards the debate on the 5th, the t.v. spots, Philly Rally, and the radio gig we've got going on.

What are we doing in 'retaliation'? I hope were focusing our efforts on the items listed above. (and then some).

Starks
09-02-2007, 06:10 AM
It sucks, but I think our energy is best served by looking towards the debate on the 5th, the t.v. spots, Philly Rally, and the radio gig we've got going on.

What are we doing in 'retaliation'? I hope were focusing our efforts on the items listed above. (and then some).

So, let me get this straight... We aren't even going to jam the inboxes or phonelines of the Texas GOP?

expatriot
09-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Living well is the best revenge.

Positive images of our campaign sweeping past
their stuck in the ditch efforts will succeed
where recrimination and rants get ignored.

Just make an example of those who get in the way
by making our campaign more visible and potent
than their has-beens and their irrelevance.

Irrelevance is the arena of MSM.
In the end it is not about justice along the way
but simply keeping our eyes on the prize
and leaving those unfortunate enough to disagree
in the dustbins of history.

Irrelevant as they have made themselves become.

The only use of this would be a video to show people just
how out of touch those in charge really are.

Cry Havoc,
and let slip the Blogs of Ron Paul

Nefertiti
09-02-2007, 06:43 AM
This straw poll counts for NOTHING. We can't go back and change what happened and it wouldn't make a bit of difference if we did.

The comments about the 10 am on the Web site, as far as I can tell, are simply rumor. I checked the Google cache. It wasn't there. I don't know where this came from.

Whether it was there or not, it just took one miscommunication or some bad traffic for the bus to be late. The miscommunication could have been within RP's campaign itself. All the other buses obviously got there on time.

Nefertiti
09-02-2007, 06:45 AM
So, let me get this straight... We aren't even going to jam the inboxes or phonelines of the Texas GOP?

Tell us what benefit you see coming out of that. We need the Texas GOP and its delegates to be behind us when the convention rolls around. We certainly aren't going to get that if we attack them.

Slugg
09-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Tell us what benefit you see coming out of that. We need the Texas GOP and its delegates to be behind us when the convention rolls around. We certainly aren't going to get that if we attack them.

That's right, we need to befriend them, not attack them.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 06:48 AM
According to the text in the Call Texas program, the Houston bus was supposed to arrive around 8:30, so they could be registered and inside, no later than 9:15. The bus was late for some reason. It's done. It's over.

* Houston: Carrier: Coach America Houston Division - Charter ID 8633; Movement ID: 12191 (55 passenger coach) Pick Up:
o Place: 5310 South Rice Blvd., Houston, TX 77081 (Sam's Club parking lot -- Hwy. 59 and Loop 610 - southwest Houston)
o Time: Saturday, 9/1/07 - 4:30 AM
* Drop Off:
o Place: Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston Street, Fort Worth TX -- see maps provided - drop off on Commerce Street near Exhibit Hall Annex for registration
o Time: around 8:30 a.m. (this allows time for pit stops, refreshments, etc. or any emergency -- to get registered by 9:15 and inside the hall.)
* Return:
o Place: same as Drop Off
o Time: around 3:00 p.m.
* Day ends: arrive back in Houston around 7:30 PM

Slugg
09-02-2007, 06:52 AM
It's done. It's over.

We'll make it official.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9716/opera02xg4.jpg

Dlynne
09-02-2007, 07:29 AM
I do not know how to compaign, but it seems to me that we Texans need to start attending Republican precinct, county and state meetings, and support Ron Paul and spread the message. Anything else, no matter how tempting, will be counter productive.

We need to show that Paul as a viable and sophisticated candidate. In that regard, knocking the current Republican leadership will hurt. Emphasizing how Paull offfers a return to traditional conservative values will help.

Man from La Mancha
09-02-2007, 07:45 AM
WE NEED TO BECOME THE GOP join . kiss ass. infiltrate

undergroundrr
09-02-2007, 07:59 AM
In Fort Worth, there was a lot of yelling and sign waving by Ron Paul supporters. This is important for the mass-marketing name recognition aspect of the campaign. Inside the Texas GOP Straw Poll, we could have been much more productive by having reasoned discussions with people whose views diverge from our own. Listening respectfully and finding common ground are important. "No matter what, we're going to beat Hillary" will fly. "Thousands of Americans are being killed" won't. I left before Duncan Hunter's speech to rejoin my family who were waiting outside in the Texas heat. I regret that it probably sent a pretty negative signal to those sitting around me.

FluffyUnbound
09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I also think we just have to let the Straw Poll go.

But one lesson to take away from this is that in the future if someone challenges your credentials to participate in a party event - let alone a caucus or primary - you have to raise holy hell ON THE SPOT. Do not voluntarily leave under any circumstances.

im_a_pepper
09-02-2007, 08:50 AM
IN general let it go, but for all those that paid $50-$75 to get their vote heard that were turned away NO DOUBT complain and get your refund or whatever you have to do. As members of the GOP you should deserve some respect and I think that point should be made loud and clear.

The GOP works for you and its members and they accommodate ALL Republican voters. Not vice-versa. Seems like that idea has been lost even in the small scales and trends of government.

trispear
09-02-2007, 09:03 AM
IN general let it go, but for all those that paid $50-$75 to get their vote heard that were turned away NO DOUBT complain and get your refund or whatever you have to do. As members of the GOP you should deserve some respect and I think that point should be made loud and clear.

The GOP works for you and its members and they accommodate ALL Republican voters. Not vice-versa. Seems like that idea has been lost even in the small scales and trends of government.

I second there strongly.

No need to drag out what doesn't need to be dragged out. But if they let in other members later, something is fishy, and the stupid thing would be to turn the other cheek. This is a form of bullying and bullies do that so long no one stands up to them.

speciallyblend
09-02-2007, 09:09 AM
We can befriend them,but if they are thick headed,just remind them its Ron Paul or nothing.I don't think the republican party wants to spend millions to lose and if they don't nominate Ron Paul then they WILL LOSE period.If the issues don't sway them ,give them a dose of reality.If they don't like it move on,and tell them they are voting for hillary clinton aka romney/thompson/rudolf/mccain. Ron Paul 2008 colorado here and spreading the message of Ron Paul

quickmike
09-02-2007, 09:12 AM

The fact that DUNCAN HUNTER won is reason enough to just let this disappear. All this waste of time poll showed is that the people who voted in it dont represent even in the slightest who the average person will vote for in the primaries. It was just a big neo-con orgy. Many of these are relatives of people who have connections to the military industrial complex, big banks, big oil, big business and have a direct interest in keeping us in Iraq and the rest of the middle east so their business thrives. Its a Washington insider thing. My father has been involved in the GOP directly since Reagan ran in 1980, but has ceased to take part in their functions since 2002, and the stuff he tells me about the core of the party is sickening. He describes it as "an incestual sorta gathering of neo-cons" where many people of lobbyist and government contracted backgrounds gather and scratch each others backs. Their kids seem to date only their buddies kids, everything is set up like one big insider family. Anyway he finally woke up to all that "weirdness" and no longer believes the core of the party even remotely represents what the majority of conservatives in the public stand for. Thats why the results of this poll were no suprise to me at all. Like I said in another thread, I never once mentioned in all my posts my opinion of what would happen in this straw poll because I knew it was a waste of time and meant nothing. Most of the people who have remained connected to the party directly are just neo-cons. The rest of the people who are considered real conservatives have already left. The ones that remain dont represent the majority of conservatives at all.

I wouldnt waste another second worrying about the results of a straw poll where only delegates get to vote.

I wouldnt sweat it.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Do you all really think it was a coincidence that the Republican Straw Poll was held in Forth Worth... home of Lockheed Martin? I don't. :)

Only 1,000 out of 17,000 Republican delegates even showed up. We have far from lost. But, it does drive home that we'd better get busy. No time to waste.

klamath
09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Did Hunter't win make the MSM? If this poll was a big deal it would be spread all across the news about the huge upset by this underdog Hunter. Basically it meant nothing if all the leading candidates ditched this poll in the largest state outside California. Keep our focus on NH. A loss there will do in our campaign. We have to be looking like winners of actual votes when we go into Super Tuesday. Straw poll wins are nice but we want the actual primary voters saying yes to Ron Paul.

BillyDkid
09-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Is this about turning away Ron Paul delegates? If I understand the video on Lew Rockwell's blog - the people running the straw poll allowed some delegates in while specifically turning away Ron Paul delegates. If so this is completely appalling and should be a national scandal, regardless of the significance of the straw poll. This is wrong and un-American and they should be exposed for it.

cjhowe
09-02-2007, 09:23 AM
WE NEED TO BECOME THE GOP join . kiss ass. infiltrate

We have an association problem. In Texas, we don't need to become the GOP. If you read the Texas GOP platform, we already are the GOP. The Texas GOP has a leadership problem though. This is what needs to be stressed. Because Bush was sold as a Texan, we've been blinded into thinking that Bush represents the GOP. Pick up the party platform, Ron Paul's campaign IS Texas GOP, not George Bush.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll just post it here for good measure too...

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

njandrewg
09-02-2007, 10:22 AM
that straw poll was meaningless..kinda like Illionois straw poll..yeah it happened...big whoop. I haven't seen any media coverage of results so far...this isn't Iowa where all the eyes are

Starks
09-02-2007, 12:06 PM
But still, wouldn't it be prudent to politely ask the Texas GOP for an explanation?

wgadget
09-02-2007, 12:10 PM
This straw poll counts for NOTHING. We can't go back and change what happened and it wouldn't make a bit of difference if we did.

The comments about the 10 am on the Web site, as far as I can tell, are simply rumor. I checked the Google cache. It wasn't there. I don't know where this came from.

Whether it was there or not, it just took one miscommunication or some bad traffic for the bus to be late. The miscommunication could have been within RP's campaign itself. All the other buses obviously got there on time.

The video showed a CLOSE-UP of the 10am registration time.

hard@work
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Stop wasting anger on the forums and go put up some signs.

:)

jblosser
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Please at least be aware of what those of us that were in the middle of the events this weekend are saying happened:

The poll:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15309

The people who couldn't get in:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=159455&postcount=44

jblosser
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
In Fort Worth, there was a lot of yelling and sign waving by Ron Paul supporters. This is important for the mass-marketing name recognition aspect of the campaign. Inside the Texas GOP Straw Poll, we could have been much more productive by having reasoned discussions with people whose views diverge from our own. Listening respectfully and finding common ground are important. "No matter what, we're going to beat Hillary" will fly. "Thousands of Americans are being killed" won't.

We had a lot of productive conversations inside and outside on both days. I doubt much of this was visible by Saturday from the speech room though; most of the real conversations were happening downstairs around the booth. I wasn't inside for most of the speeches because I was working but I hear the tensions came to a head a few times. That wasn't representative of everything going on, though.

Brandybuck
09-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Why should we? Stop being a whiny crybaby and start working for a win in your state's primaries.

Let me break the news to you gently: Only one person can win the nomination, which means seven candidates are going to lose. Ron Paul is probably going to lose. It's a fact you need to come to grips with. It is possible for him to win, but it ain't going to happen if his supporters don't get their thumbs out of their mouths and start working to *promote* him to the everyday voters who will be deciding in the primaries.