PDA

View Full Version : Challenge or Invite RNC Convention to a Gustav Money Bomb

TuningIn
08-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Since the RNC may be looking for appropriate programming for the convention Tuesday, how about Ron Paul supporters provide a pre-packaged money bomb event?

The idea would be to set aside a time or times (in the case of a challenge) to cause a spike in the national donations to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Relief. We'd have to convince the American Red Cross to provide streaming data like was done with previous money bombs.

Attendees at the conventions would be challenged to contact their hometowns (radio/tv) and other networks (family, friends, churches, political organizations, etc.) to set the bomb.

I still haven't brainstormed the pros and cons of a challenge vs. an invitation. It's a little weird to try to figure out which method would be in the best interests of the Campaign for Liberty when it may be a bit tacky to consider anything other than which method would raise the most money.

Omphfullas Zamboni
08-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi,

Who do we contact at the RNC? Who do we contact at the Ron Paul event? How do we get this ball rolling?

I like the idea.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

TuningIn
08-31-2008, 04:41 PM
I really don't know. I can try to contact people I know in Minneapolis, but I don't know many. I don't have the contacts. I don't have the IT skills. Whoever does, is probably in Minneapolis.

Jamsie 567
08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
I am not going to tell you not to do the idea because helping people is a good thing. If you told me not to do November 5th as many people did I would have not listened to you either. Unfortunatly the last thing I want to do is help the GOP after what they did to Ron Paul. You have my support if this is for campaign for liberty but F$CK the GOP. They discounted us all and marginalized us saying that our votes didn't count. Now you want to help them with our secret weapon.

TuningIn
08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
It's only a matter of time before the money bomb idea gets pre-packaged for disasters (an honorable legacy) and then it'll be available to political parties anyway. I'm just saying to pull together the resources gathered in Minneapolis for this disaster and I wouldn't turn my nose up at the money the Republican delegates are carrying around this week.

inibo
08-31-2008, 05:05 PM
I think it's good idea. I'm in for a couple of hundred.

Roxi
08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
this is a fantastic idea, although i wouldn't let a cent go through the hands of the red cross...

i would plan the money bomb for friday or something.... get someone high up that we all trust to be in charge of the finances, (maybe RP himself would do it) and at that point find a way to donate it directly to the people, of affected areas, no i don't know how to even begin going about doing this, but it wont be given to the appropriate people if the red cross handles it

Roxi
08-31-2008, 05:31 PM
i also just texted micheal maresco (ron paul hawaii) who is helping organize the walk for freedom, and is in MN, and has been hanging out with RP a bit today, so maybe he will know who to get in touch with

TuningIn
08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
i also just texted micheal maresco (ron paul hawaii) who is helping organize the walk for freedom, and is in MN, and has been hanging out with RP a bit today, so maybe he will know who to get in touch with

Sweeeet