PDA

View Full Version : New Movie "Death Race" a Warning for the Future?

James Madison
08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Last night I went to see the new movie "Death Race" with a few of my friends and was shocked by the movie's plot. Basically, in the year 2012 the United States' economy will have completely collapsed and be replaced with a pseudo-corporatist state. Large corporations run prison facilities for profit and stage coliseum-esque entertainment for the dumbed-down population. The police forces are brutal and are regularly seen beating the citizens for no reason.

As I sat watching I began to think about what the future had in store for the United States, and I came to the conclusion that this environment was fairly accurate for what the NWO has planned for Earth. Any other thoughts or comments?

lynnf
08-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Last night I went to see the new movie "Death Race" with a few of my friends and was shocked by the movie's plot. Basically, in the year 2012 the United States' economy will have completely collapsed and be replaced with a pseudo-corporatist state. Large corporations run prison facilities for profit and stage coliseum-esque entertainment for the dumbed-down population. The police forces are brutal and are regularly seen beating the citizens for no reason.

As I sat watching I began to think about what the future had in store for the United States, and I came to the conclusion that this environment was fairly accurate for what the NWO has planned for Earth. Any other thoughts or comments?

already almost there

shambled economy (in the news already now) --- check
corporations running many prisons (Wackenhut) -- check
dumbed-down population (do I need to give an example?) -- check
corporations owning politicians (look at campaign contributions and sponsors of the conventions)--- check
police forces ignoring constitution in brutal ways (don't tase me, bro) -- check
staged sports events ("professional" wrestling) -- check

just a matter of degree from here

lynn

sidster
08-31-2008, 03:00 PM

Kinda like The Running Man (http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2549285145/)?

NMCB3
08-31-2008, 04:53 PM
If the peak oil scenario plays out it will be as bad as that and then some.

Maverick
08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Kinda like The Running Man (http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2549285145/)?

Eh, yeah exactly. This theme has been done many times already and 1000x better before Death Race even came along.

(Although, if you wanna get technical, Death Race 2000 (1975) did come before The Running Man.)

Roxi
08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
but so was it any good or????

i have been anticipating this movie for a long time

sidster
08-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Eh, yeah exactly. This theme has been done many times already and 1000x better before Death Race even came along.

(Although, if you wanna get technical, Death Race 2000 (1975) did come before The Running Man.)

Cool. I've not seen Death Race 2000. Interesting
cast too: David Carradine and Sly? :)

Awesome clip (http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1004405017/)

James Madison
08-31-2008, 06:42 PM
but so was it any good or????

i have been anticipating this movie for a long time

It definitely falls under the catagory of "mindless entertainment", but is worth going to if you like movies that are more about things exploding and hot women in small tank-tops than having a compelling plot.

paulaholic
08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
"Death Race" is a warning that many more bad movies will be made in the future.

ChickenHawk
08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Hollywood is so completely out of good ideas that they are left recycling old movies that weren't very good and making them even worse.

forsmant
08-31-2008, 08:00 PM
"Death Race" is a warning that many more bad movies will be made in the future.

hahahah :D