PDA

View Full Version : Book bombs are a brilliant idea because:

Petar
08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
If the grassroots gets into the habit of sending 1776 copies of The Manifesto to select neocons that desperately require education, then that will generate the kind of media attention that you can't really put an exact price on, and it will be a lot cheaper than a blimp!

RCA
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
If the grassroots gets into the habit of sending 1776 copies of The Manifesto to select neocons that desperately require education, then that will generate the kind of media attention that you can't really put an exact price on, and it will be a lot cheaper than a blimp!

I would only limit the recipients to select politicians who are liberty material but may not have cut ties with the dark side yet, hence Sarah Palin.

tonesforjonesbones
08-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Well I think that is an awsome Idea actuall;y. Michael Ledeen did exactly that. He passed his WICKED neo con book out to every member in congress. I will agree to send one book to one congress person. I want to make sure they get it though...they have gatekeepers. What if we all donated to a fund..and someone sent them up there. how can we make this newsworthy also? it would be a good story for the news if we send 1000 copies of the Manifesto to the House and Senate lol. I like it! tones

constitutional
08-31-2008, 11:31 AM
If I had received 1776 books, I'd trash them. Much easier than calling media and explaining them how dumb-fuck my views are compared to Ron Paul that his supporters make mockery out of me by sending 1776 books. Oh, I'd be pissed off.

As a viewer watching news, I'd labeled the book as a joke and never read it.

Just send one book with a nice brief letter.

Remember the Jay Leno show and flowers?

Just my opinion.

tonesforjonesbones
08-31-2008, 11:34 AM
I think they should be sent to the house and senate. I also think there should be media attention...it's a cool story. It makes a statement from the people. I like the idea. tones

Jeremy
08-31-2008, 11:44 AM
If I had received 1776 books, I'd trash them. Much easier than calling media and explaining them how dumb-fuck my views are compared to Ron Paul that his supporters make mockery out of me by sending 1776 books. Oh, I'd be pissed off.

As a viewer watching news, I'd labeled the book as a joke and never read it.

Just send one book with a nice brief letter.

Remember the Jay Leno show and flowers?

Just my opinion.

Why would they be sent to the same person? :confused:

constitutional
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Why would they be sent to the same person? :confused:

You tell me http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152534

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

freelance
08-31-2008, 12:34 PM
What if one person from each congressional district placed the book in the congresscritter's hands on a visit home at a public gathering? That would ensure that it gets to the proper person.

Jeremy
08-31-2008, 12:42 PM
You tell me http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152534

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

I'm still not seeing where anyone said we should give multiple copies to the same person...

constitutional
08-31-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm still not seeing where anyone said we should give multiple copies to the same person...

Sarah Pallin... 1776 Book Bomb. I don't know what else is there to see.

Sending 1776 copies of The Manifesto to select neocons

Lets have the author clarify of this thread. Does he meant lets send 1776 neocons Ron Paul's book or lets send 1776 books to select neocons?

kombayn
08-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Why doesn't someone send "The Revolution: A Manifesto" to both Sarah Palin & John McCain?

RCA
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Sarah Pallin... 1776 Book Bomb. I don't know what else is there to see.

Lets have the author clarify of this thread. Does he meant lets send 1776 neocons Ron Paul's book or lets send 1776 books to select neocons?

1776 copies of The Manifesto to Sarah Palin (for media attention) to donate at her will to anyone she chooses (friends, office staff, McCain!)...

Petar
08-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, when I saw your original idea for this, then I had my own idea about it, and then I got really excited and made my own thread, but I should have relaxed and had the decency to post in yours.

I think that we should all get together and send out 1776 copies of the manifesto to some Neocon.

Perhaps we should start with McCain and also Obama.

So I don't know how many thousands of dollars that would come up to, but if we could pull it off, particularly if we somehow managed to each independently mail one copy, then that would be quite a story for the media.

I honestly think that it would be legendary, and it would probably work every time we did it, every new neocon that got "the 1776 treatment" would be a new story with a bunch of coverage.