PDA

View Full Version : "She’s a three–fer": Conservative Base Is Fired-up About Sarah Palin!!!

Indy Vidual
08-31-2008, 08:43 AM
"She’s a three–fer. She unites conservatives behind McCain enthusiastically.

"She reaches out to disaffected women voters who might have been leaning toward Hillary.

"She’s the perfect choice in an election year when energy independence is our number one issue. As governor of the largest oil-producing state, she knows the issue better than anyone..."

..."Quietly, hundreds of fervent followers of Rep. Ron Paul — the Texas congressman and failed presidential candidate — have landed delegate slots for the convention in St. Paul."

(We got hundreds, really?) -source (http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/775270.html)

Like her or not, Sarah Palin:

* "jerked pundit attention off Barack Obama’s big speech as neither Mitt Romney nor Tim Pawlenty could ever have done."
* "Palin promises to spice up the next four days at the Xcel Energy Center like chili peppers on moose burgers."
* "He (Kansas party chairman Kris Kobach) and many other Republicans were fired up Friday about the "perfect pick."

Quick Summary:

1) The base is very excited!
2) She jerked the pundits attention off :eek:
3) Many Ron Paul supports feel "shafted."
4) Is there still Hope at the tip of the movement.

Hope For America: Do You Still Feel It? :confused:

Aratus
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
what also is freaky is that the counterpoint series to the tv show WEST WING
had a longtime washington insider opting for an independent/maverick female
veep before he develops health issues. SARAH PALIN seems to make the writer's
pool of COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF look like minor prophets. the Republican party very
thankfully has been handed the trump card of G.W Bush actually looking alert
and worried as GUSTAV approaches to the degree where our errant POTUS will
not be anywhere near St. PAUL at all, as the relief efforts are going to try to be
seamless and streamlined. john mccain took back his washington outsider status as
G_d has given G.W Bush's nintendo era brain a faux-reset button. as i am typing this, i
am mulling over today's story about MITT ROMNEY wanting to run in 2012 irreguardless... of!!!

Aratus
08-31-2008, 09:23 AM
sarah palin in 2012? mitt romney in 2012? ron paul in 2012? hillary clinton in 2012? i am back
to my list! i expect the winner of this mccain or obama faceoff to run again... anyway. i expect
barack obama to have an influence on the next five POTUS races due to his youth and vigor....

Working Poor
08-31-2008, 09:32 AM
The republicans are very emotionally immature just like a seventy something years old, 2 year old, McCain picked him a good mama. Is Palin big enough to change the stinky diaper of the Republican Party???

muh_roads
08-31-2008, 11:36 AM
All this excitement just because she has a pussy.

Drknows
08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
All this excitement just because she has a pussy.

true but some fear 8 years of Obama.

that is what we will get no doubt in my mind.

muh_roads
08-31-2008, 11:47 AM
true but some fear 8 years of Obama.

that is what we will get no doubt in my mind.

8 years of McCain would be the same.

The best form of government is gridlock as what happened during the Clinton era. I prefer a Democrat president and a Republican congress because nothing can get done and government can't screw anything more up than it already has. We would only have to put up with democrats for 2 years. 2010 would probably go back to Republicans.

A McCain victory will solidify that "compassionate conservatism" is here to stay & the GOP is probably done for as we once knew it. But if Obama wins, the conservatives will have a new cause to rally behind.

It's all about strategy. I want Obama to win solely based on that. If a Republican wins, the Republican sheeple do whatever they want for him. Bush has been killing conservatism. McCain will just put the final nail in the coffin.

scandinaviany3
08-31-2008, 12:16 PM
The good thing that this could do is what happened in 1976.

Reagan was beaten by ford in convention...then here comes the guy to the stage to shock them with an off the cough speech that made the convention realize to realize they just chose the wrong person.

Well this election an independent alaskan could do the same thing and make them hungry for her to run in 2012 if they loose.

The thing then will be all important to stack the presidential ticket next with people like her: roy moore, ron paul, mark sanford to make all those that run against them like huckabee and romney's life much more miserable.

Not to mention to setup palin with someone worth haveing for her VP :)