PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! Paul Delegates Experience Tyranny!

blazin_it_alwyz
09-02-2007, 01:20 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_delegates_Experience_Tyranny_at_the_Texas _Straw_Poll

This is outrageous! Something needs to be done about this!

The video shows Ron Paul Delegates showing up ON TIME, and they are barred from being let in, while other supporters are still allowed to enter! If this doesn't some people reconsider what is REALLY going on in this election, I don't know what is......

JosephTheLibertarian
09-02-2007, 01:53 AM
I would punch those elitists in the face.

Mesogen
09-02-2007, 02:41 AM
The dude complains about the video camera, but there is a huge surveillance camera on the wall pointing right at him the whole time.

And yeah, that's totally bogus. The online form said to show up AT 10, not that the cutoff was 10.

Thomas Jefferson
09-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Don't they know you can't reason with an idiot...they should have beat him down and walked inside.

lucius
09-02-2007, 04:56 AM
"Republican CFR approved candidates can't take competition, so they don't play fair, or keep their word."

from the utube quotes...

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 05:45 AM
Don't they know you can't reason with an idiot...they should have beat him down and walked inside.

Yeah, that would have been real smart. :rolleyes: I can just see it all over he evening news. Ron Paul supporters are a bunch of cheap thugs.

lucius
09-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Hopefully in future straw-polls, we will be more careful in a cross the t’s and dot the i’s manner.

Mastiff
09-02-2007, 07:26 AM
How many votes were lost? Does anyone know?

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Someone last night said 12 delegates were on the bus from Houston. I don't remember who said it.

Sematary
09-02-2007, 08:15 AM
I watched the video and it looked like *maybe* a dozen people and I could have sworn, while I was watching, right in the middle of it all, a guy WALKED IN with a Ron Paul sign in his hand. Am I missing something here? Would the dozen delegates have made a difference?

Brasil Branco
09-02-2007, 08:20 AM
I went to FT. Worth Texas this morning to support Ron Paul. While I was there I saw delegates enter through heavy security into the convention center to cast their vote. All the delegates who were entering were wearing a neck strap that said delegate on it.
The Convention center opened at 9am and was supposed to allow delegates to vote until around 1pm. At 10 am the security gaurds locked the doors and stopped anyone from entering who did not have a pre printed pass.

As out of town delegates started to arrive at 10am with printed copies from their online purchase of their voting pass, they were turned away one after another. I witnessed dozens of delegates turned away from their right to vote. The Ron
Paul group was gathered in front of the convention center when 2 delegates approached me because I was wearing Ron Paul signs and asked if I could help them get in to vote. We asked nicely to allow the delegates to enter and security said no. So a bunch of us along with 12 delegates approached the security and asked why the delegates could not enter. Here is the video of the confrontation. After this the security called the Police who were on location already and we quickly dispersed as not to cause a scene.

We estimated about a dozen delegates every 10 mins were turned away for over 3 hours straight. These were almost all delegates who were wearing Ron Paul shirts or pins. I calculated approx, 200+ delegates were denied entry.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread300335/pg1

From what I could gather- it looks like the online registration said to arrive at 10 a.m. Since most Ron Paul delegates registered online, they didn't know the rules would be so strict. I guess they thought it would be okay to show up until voting ended, which was around two I think. I mean, it's a straw poll- none of them up until now have had rules this strict- it seems strange that they were... downright stupid to be honest.

If anyone has any friends who know about this, or know any of the delegates who weren't allowed entry- it might be wise to hear their account of this before spreading "rumours", but it seems as though this is the gist of things.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 08:23 AM
What we need is a screenshot of the online registration form. Or, a look at their printed registration.

Brasil Branco
09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
What we need is a screenshot of the online registration form. Or, a look at their printed registration.

The delegates even showed the guard in the video where the form said to arrive at registration at 10 a.m. It did not say arrive by 10 a.m or that registration would be closed at that time, it just said 10 a.m. I think any person would make the assumption that would mean registration begins at 10, if that's the case- then all of those who made that assumption got screwed over.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes. But, someone on here yesterday that was there, said that there was a statement in the packet that said that 10 was the cutoff. I think it might have been Lynnf.

mdh
09-02-2007, 09:20 AM
And people still say they want to effect positive change in the GOP, or even "take over the Republican party"? Over these peoples (and others) dead bodies.

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 09:23 AM
I can already see people spinning off the planet about this.

Anyone moving on from 10AM in Forth Worth yesterday, and doing an outreach project today?

emilysdad
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM

From the video it does appear to say show up at 10 am. I guess my question would be whether or not the online registration identifies the registrant as a "Ron Paul" delegate. If the registrant is identified as a RP supporter, than that would mean the GOP would have known how many were going to show up after paying the fee. If the GOP knew the numbers, than yes I could see them playing this game to control the votes for Ron.

I think there has been plenty of evidence over the past several months for any Ron Paul supporter to realize the battle we face. This fiasco should not suprise anybody.

UtahApocalypse
09-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Since money was paid, and the form specifically said 10am I think they should contact a lawyer. They paid for a event and then were denied access. If anything **** the GOP and get the money back and donate it to RP.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
sigh, here ya go again:

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

0zzy
09-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Since money was paid, and the form specifically said 10am I think they should contact a lawyer. They paid for a event and then were denied access. If anything **** the GOP and get the money back and donate it to RP.

hell ya dude, good thinking.

stevedasbach
09-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know why a bus that was supposed to arrive at 8:30 arrived around 10am instead? Did it leave late or was it delayed on route?

maggiebott
09-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Rubbish! When in bloody hell does a straw poll open that early and close by ten!

We were robbed!

Sematary
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Rubbish! When in bloody hell does a straw poll open that early and close by ten!

We were robbed!

Get over it. They can't do this when we vote in the primaries and we have too much work to do to worry about the past. Look to the future and work your ass off to get him elected.

Richard in Austin
09-02-2007, 12:09 PM

From http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/09/ron-paul-delegates-experience-tyranny.html

Barbara said...
"Yes, those who paid their money and were refused entrance because of Ron Paul attire should immediately notify their credit card companies to disallow the payment.

Those who paid by check can do the same through their bank. It may be to late to "stop payment" but for non-performance, the bank will work with you and refund your money..."

If you were wrongly refused entrance, get your money back. I don't think it'll require a lawyer unless there's enough willing participants to make a class-action lawsuit out of it, assuming you even have grounds for one. Take that money and send a check or money order to Ron Paul, but first make 2 copies - one to send to the Texas GOP telling them that you neither support nor tolerate their behavior, and one to the national GOP headquarters saying the same. Let them know what it costs them to marginalize and cheat us.

I used to contribute to the GOP, but I stopped years ago because I realized thay weren't really Republicans. Bloody RINOs.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Get over it. They can't do this when we vote in the primaries and we have too much work to do to worry about the past.

You do realize that we are eventually going to have to stand our ground?

Iowa straw poll - Mitt Romney supporter fiasco, Diebold machines. You want us to get over that.

Texas straw poll - Ron Paul Delegates denied entry. You want us to get over that.

Ron Paul censorship on ABC. You want us to get over that.

Media is trying to establish top tier candidates, and leave Ron Paul out. You want us to get over that.

Ron Paul is not given face time in the debates. You want us to get over that.

I mean, are you going to say that for the next poll when that happens, and the next debate, and the next situation?

When the primaries finally come, do you not think that they can pull some bullshit like this? Don't forget how Bush won Florida. We're getting bullshitted each and every single time. If we allow it to happen with no consequence, what is going to make it stop? High Hopes?

I mean, I would love to think that everything is going to be peachy keen as you say it will, as long as we support him, but the realist in me knows that if we don't stop this stuff, it's going to keep on happening, and it indeed keeps happening. I can't ignore it, and we can't ignore it, doing so is doing a big disservice to everything this campaign stands for.

Question_Authority
09-02-2007, 02:12 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_delegates_Experience_Tyranny_at_the_Texas _Straw_Poll

This is outrageous! Something needs to be done about this!

The video shows Ron Paul Delegates showing up ON TIME, and they are barred from being let in, while other supporters are still allowed to enter! If this doesn't some people reconsider what is REALLY going on in this election, I don't know what is......

Yes, if they have a good case, those people that were blocked out should contact the Ron Paul campaign and they all need to take action. We need to fight back against this sort of thing now, if not just for principle, then for more attention to the campaign and more attention to the corruption of the GOP and how Ron Paul will FIGHT corruption, no matter which party is doing it!!!!!!!

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 02:16 PM
jesus FING Christ

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

THEY WERE LATE! THEY WERE EVENTUALLY ALLOWED IN BUT NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE BECAUSE THEY SHOWED UP AFTER 10AM, THE POINT IN WHICH THE FUNDRAISERS SAID THEY COULD NOT VOTE.

wgadget
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM
But Mr. White, I respectfully proffer the fact that their instructions (from the GOP) said that REGISTRATION WAS AT 10:00am. Not that registration ENDS at 10:00am. This is a MAJOR discrepancy.

I mean, how would YOU have understood it?

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I have seen nothing to indicate that what you say is correct. I was looking into this straw poll when it was first announced, and distnctly remmeber reading that voters had to register by 10AM in order to vote.

If anyone's got documentation to support your claim, I'll be happy to groan along with you, but when people get worked up over something like this, it will take away from their credibility when a wrong really IS commited against them.

I do however apologize for my outburst, I was tired of reading new thread after new thread of complaint-mongering by people that had done nothing but seen a snippet of video with no context.

UtahApocalypse
09-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I have seen nothing to indicate that what you say is correct. I was looking into this straw poll when it was first announced, and distnctly remmeber reading that voters had to register by 10AM in order to vote.

If anyone's got documentation to support your claim, I'll be happy to groan along with you, but when people get worked up over something like this, it will take away from their credibility when a wrong really IS commited against them.

I do however apologize for my outburst, I was tired of reading new thread after new thread of complaint-mongering by people that had done nothing but seen a snippet of video with no context.

Did you even watch the Video? the guy SHOWS the confirmation from the Gop showing the 10am time.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 04:28 PM
And they were let in....

BrazilLuLa
09-02-2007, 04:30 PM
The real crime is that many enthusiastic voters, who also happened to be Texas Republican Delegates, waste their $50 along with their morning and afternoon.

I don't think a few dozen votes extra makes any material difference in boosting the Ron Paul Campaign's visibility or momentum. The more time we focus on this, the more we let increasingly valuable time slip away.

I think if Ron Paul supporters are going to complain, we should let the Texas voters who were barred from entering complain the loudest. We are invisible to the Texas Republican Party powers that be, no matter how loudly we rail and complain in front of our computers. It's good to get it out, but let's spend our time more productively.

Write a polished, spirited letter to the editor, for example. Hold signs with a few of your friends downtown and spread your enthusiasm!

Adios

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 04:33 PM
The real crime is that many enthusiastic voters, who also happened to be Texas Republican Delegates, waste their $50 along with their morning and afternoon.

I don't think a few dozen votes extra makes any material difference in boosting the Ron Paul Campaign's visibility or momentum. The more time we focus on this, the more we let increasingly valuable time slip away.

I think if Ron Paul supporters are going to complain, we should let the Texas voters who were barred from entering complain the loudest. We are invisible to the Texas Republican Party powers that be, no matter how loudly we rail and complain in front of our computers. It's good to get it out, but let's spend our time more productively.

Write a polished, spirited letter to the editor, for example. Hold signs with a few of your friends downtown and spread your enthusiasm!

Adios

Agreed

CurtisLow
09-02-2007, 04:35 PM
But Mr. White, I respectfully proffer the fact that their instructions (from the GOP) said that REGISTRATION WAS AT 10:00am. Not that registration ENDS at 10:00am. This is a MAJOR discrepancy.

I mean, how would YOU have understood it?

Yep 100% scam!

wgadget
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM

Watch the video, the part near the end where the guy asks for a close-up of his GOP instructions. Have you seen the video? It's not exactly a "snippet."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnWT4gCJSE

jblosser
09-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Hi, I'm one of those Texas voters. If you watch the parade footage, I'm the guy who had the megaphone leading the chants most of the time. It's fair to say I was extensively involved in everything that we did this weekend. On the denied delegates front, I was the one who got the actual campaign involved and had local GOP supporters chasing it down with the party.

I'm glad to hear you care what those of us who were affected the most by the TX rules want to say. You might be surprised to hear that we aren't complaining we couldn't vote, we are instead trying to get people to understand the real message from the poll results and everything leading up to them. See here: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15309

Hold signs with a few of your friends downtown and spread your enthusiasm!

We do this every single week. I highly recommend it.